Getting the family organized

binny

do something that MATTERS!
I have been making great strides in my never ending quest at getting my family organized!

:)

I did the whole chore chart yesterday and was really happy with that.

We set up a " Launch Pad" area, it has a bench, a set of drawers, and a coat rack by the garage door so the kids can leave their homework in their drawers and hang the backbacks and coats all at one place.

My major accomplishment though is our family notebook
I was inspired at my other favourite website www.organizedhome.com they have a household notebook that you can print out. I did several of those pages as well as made up some of my own, added a babysitters checklist, a notebook for messages and a few more things.
Some of the pages are really informative lol theyre lists of doctors, dentists, kids schools, family and friends.
Other pages are yellow pages full of frequently called numbers restaraunts that we use ( TGIFridays take out!) heating and AC company, utility company, etc.
I thought another important thing was to add a sheet in the front of the notebook with my kids information I put their full names, birthdays, allergies, etc. Just in case of emergency and the babysitter has to give out any information at all.

We keep it in the kitchen in plain view near the phone so any information we need is right there.

So what are your best tips for keeping ( or getting) a family organized?

Originally posted by binny
So what are your best tips for keeping ( or getting) a family organized?

Alcohol, lots and lots of alcohol. It really doesn't help you get organized, but at least you don't care as much. :teeth:

I love your "launchpad" idea. We have some of these things, but not all together! We have a long coatrack on the laundry room wall at waist height with a white board hanging over it. The laundry room is right next to the kitchen phone area where the calendar is. Backpacks sit on the dryer, but homework goes into a stacking tray in the den on the homework table. Our trays leave a little bit to be desired - maybe I'll get some of those rubbermaid drawers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter