Getting to the Resort via Shuttle or Taxi (NEED Wheelchair-Friendly Vehicle)

Groot

I am Groot
I’m currently in the pre- PRE-planning stages of going to Hawaii (Thank you, Southwest) and I’m currently researching stuff. The first thing that came to my mind is how am I and my traveling party supposed to get to Aulani from the airport? The tricky thing is, I WILL have my Fold and Go by then and I might be taking it with me, so I’ll be needing a vehicle that can fit my chair. (Mods, feel free to move this thread to the disabled forums if its better suited there.)

So what company is the best for getting to the hotel and has wheelchair accessible vehicles available?

No advice on vehicles, but just want to say that Aulani is super wheelchair friendly, there are accessible pathways and ramps everywhere. I'm recovering from a broken ankle and I've been super aware of facilities with or without accessible pathways.

There a few shuttle services that you can google from the airport to aulani. If you say you need an accessible van I’m sure one or more can accommodate you. Or rent a car which is what we always do.

No, it's not like WDW where they provide transportation. You can rent a car, or take a shuttle, taxi, etc.
They asked me at time of reservation if I wanted a shuttle pick-up and I said yes and its on my reservation. Hele Hele Transportation

They asked me at time of reservation if I wanted a shuttle pick-up and I said yes and its on my reservation. Hele Hele Transportation

Right, that's a 3rd party shuttle though. It's not complimentary, you do have to pay for it.

Aulani's website provide details for Hele Hele Transportation for shuttle service. For taxi service they recommend Charley's Taxi which offers a flat rate from the airport to Aulani. I've just checked Charley's website and they do offer wheelchair accessible vehicles.

Hope that helps.

Groot, a member of my family uses a power wheelchair so needed transport with a lift. I booked it through Hele Hele as mentioned above but that company doesn't have a vehicle with a lift so they subcontract for an appropriate vehicle. Three of us used it while the rest of the family picked up a rental. In our case, Roberts Tours was the name of the company they used but I booked and paid through Hele Hele. Not sure from your post if you need the lift.
Service was great and it went very smoothly.

Groot, a member of my family uses a power wheelchair so needed transport with a lift. I booked it through Hele Hele as mentioned above but that company doesn't have a vehicle with a lift so they subcontract for an appropriate vehicle. Three of us used it while the rest of the family picked up a rental. In our case, Roberts Tours was the name of the company they used but I booked and paid through Hele Hele. Not sure from your post if you need the lift.
Service was great and it went very smoothly.

FA11A6F4-04E1-4B17-A0B6-0BE0F30D6DDC.jpeg

Well, I use a Fold and Go that (as the name applies) folds up. So the worst case scenario would be that it would have to be folded and put in the trunk. But I would rather have a vehicle that I could drive it on to.

It would be nice if they did offer something like Magical Express in Hawaii, just like they do in Florida.

Aulani is very different than Disney World. Aulani is in the secluded area of Ko Olina, so many people have rental cars and don't need the transportation. People come and go, exploring the island while there. Unlike at Disney World, where the onsite guests generally don't leave property for the duration of their trip.

For your transportation needs, I would highly recommend renting a car. Its super easy to pick up and drop off, you can do things at your leisure, and it will give you the means to explore the island since there's not much in Ko Olina. If you don't want a car for the duration of your stay, there is an onsite Alamo at Aulani you can drop-off at, or Enterprise up the street at the Marriott.

Aulani is very different than Disney World. Aulani is in the secluded area of Ko Olina, so many people have rental cars and don't need the transportation. People come and go, exploring the island while there. Unlike at Disney World, where the onsite guests generally don't leave property for the duration of their trip.

For your transportation needs, I would highly recommend renting a car. Its super easy to pick up and drop off, you can do things at your leisure, and it will give you the means to explore the island since there's not much in Ko Olina. If you don't want a car for the duration of your stay, there is an onsite Alamo at Aulani you can drop-off at, or Enterprise up the street at the Marriott.

What are the rental prices like onsite?

What are the rental prices like onsite?

It entirely depends on availability, time of year, type of car, etc. Wide range. You can check your dates on the Alamo web site using Aulani as the pick up and drop off point. I would recommend reserving in the past because I have heard the onsite location can run out day-of, if not reserved.

It entirely depends on availability, time of year, type of car, etc. Wide range. You can check your dates on the Alamo web site using Aulani as the pick up and drop off point. I would recommend reserving in the past because I have heard the onsite location can run out day-of, if not reserved.

Thank you.its looks like renting at Aulani is very high. Oh well it is Disney:o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter