Gettysburg GG

Thanks for the reminder, Dan. I'm trying to get the office account closed out for 2009 this weekend. When that happens, I'm gonna be all over planning camping trips and this one has a high priority.

Remind me again what time period we are talking, I'm too lazy to read it all again. :3dglasses I think it was late June, but not sure. I have girls signing up for summer camps this week, and need to be able to coordinate it all.

I may end up without DW, and maybe short one DD due to camp, but I will do everything I can to get there. DW is looking at changing jobs this winter, to a new facility opening this Spring. Her current hospital is also opening a new facility. Either way, vacations may be hard to come by.

Looks like summer camps are running into early July. Any way to look at mid-July?

Hey John and I can make it anytime you can make it.

Can't wait we will be in the Florida Keys for almost the whole month of March. Need something else to look forward to.:cool1::cool1:

Late to this thread, but I would love to join the Fort Fiends at Gettysburg (my second home)! I'm at work and don't have time to go through all the pages now - has a date been set for this?
Gettysburg is less than 4 hours away for me. My husband and I have been involved with civil war reenacting/living history events and Gettysburg is kind of like our "mecca". I will never be able to convince my husband to try camping at Disney, but we have camped countless times at Gettysburg (including civil war style)!
Definately, count me in! I already have several trips there planned for this summer - what's one more!

This is what I'm trying to find out, Rob. I have no problems with the summer. Gettysburg is only about a 2 hour drive for me, so even if people want to come for a longer stay and I can only do a couple days it's no big deal for me. The price difference really isn't that significant - maybe 10 bucks or so a day. I am looking into the Drummer Boy campground as a possible location. If anybody has any problems with this one, let me know. Summer time would probably be better for kids who would like to swim - they have 2 pools, one with a slide.

http://www.drummerboycampresort.com/index.php?pr=Home

I don't want to promise anything I can't deliver on, but I also have a friend who is a licensed guide for the battlefield and I may be able to swing some special rate or something there. He only does it part time, so it may not be a happening thing, but as time goes on if this looks like it's going to happen, I can check with him.

I don't know how the state parks campsites work out for those of you with big rigs, but Caledonia State Park is also nearby, cheap, and they have a swimming pool. I've camped there a lot!

Also, my sister is starting as a law enforcement ranger at Gettysburg NMP in February and should be able to reccommend a good interp ranger or battlefield guide to do a tour (or I could just fess up to being a Gettysburg junkie who has listened to practically all of the rangers and guides over the years and suggest a few myself).

If you need any help with planning this let me know - I'm already putting together a trip for a bunch of our family friends who are taking the opportunity to visit now that they will know somebody who works there.

After Lincoln tried to land an occupational force at the Fort, he was warned many times that it would starts something bigger.

I fall on the side of the Confederates, problem is I am too fat to be one since most of them were malnourished during the war. LOL

Too fat? Check out these rebs at New Market. Trust me you'd fit right in!
scan0041.jpg

In the reenactment/living history world we call this "farb" which means something like far-be-it-from-reality. Farb spotting is a sport among "stitch-counters".
scan0015.jpg

As a matter of fact, I just talked to my buddy who is a licensed guide yesterday and he has given me some leads not only for tours of the battlefield (he will be unable to be our guide due to some personal conflicts) but also what he feels is the best ghost tour in Gettysburg. More later. I am currently still wading through accounting issues along with a computer issue, but I have not forgotten.

This sucks. June is officially out for me. With all the snow days so far we may be in school in early June, and summer camps just took the last 2 1/2 weeks. :headache:

Too fat? Check out these rebs at New Market. Trust me you'd fit right in!
scan0041.jpg

In the reenactment/living history world we call this "farb" which means something like far-be-it-from-reality. Farb spotting is a sport among "stitch-counters".
scan0015.jpg

I think the Dodge pickup is the probably the biggest innacuracy :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter