GF bed under television question

I saw on your other post that you had four kids (one under the age of three). If you try to fit all four kids plus two adults, it will be overwhelming in that studio.

Thanks, thought it might be worth a try but may have to stay somewhere cash for those 3 nights

Thanks, thought it might be worth a try but may have to stay somewhere cash for those 3 nights

If you have enough points for a VGF studio and a one bedroom at OKW is better for your family, you can purchase up to 24 one time points from DVC to add to your reservation. I think 3 nights at OKW in a one bedroom might be within that amount because studios at VGF require very high points.

My 4 yr old saw this and said, "that isnt my bed! how can i watch Disney tv from that thing??!"

My thoughts exactly! I felt the same way when I saw that for Aulani in the studios the pullout couch was on the same wall as the TV.

Anyone know if DVD addressed the lost drawer storage space these beds take away from the studios? When the models first opened this was a concern of many and I thought DVD agreed and said they would address the issue.

Laura

As someone previously posted they added drawers under the bed. And there is storage in the two ottomans. So there are 2 drawers plus 2 ottomans for four guests. It looks like the fifth person is out of luck.

I believe the ottomans for storage are only in the 1 bedroom. Everyone in the studio will have to share the 2 drawers under the bed and the two other mini drawers I saw on our walk through the models. By mini drawers I mean enough storage for a pair of underwear and maybe a pair of socks but nothing more than that.

Wow that is pitiful. Only the two drawers? And not even a nightstand? I'm going back to find my photos I took in June.

Photos of the studio taken in June 2013 it is before the drawers were added under the bed. I wish I had concentrated more on the studio. But we were really rushed through it. I'm now wishing that they had provided two ottomans instead of the two tables in front of the couch. Did anyone open the drawers on the nightstand? Or have a better photo of it. I was wondering about storage space there.

DSCN4332_zps9d4acaf2.jpg

The Studio queen bed before drawers were added.

DSCN4333_zps66024220.jpg

DSCN4334_zpsffba8683.jpg

DSCN4329_zps8e0d88ef.jpg

DSCN4330_zps4ff1e831.jpg

DSCN4338_zps83099bc4.jpg

DSCN4339_zps01e5b3a5.jpg

DSCN4326_zpsebd1f857.jpg

DSCN4327_zps7b0521db.jpg

Pocket door between the shower and tub sections of studio bath.
DSCN4328_zps511ab88d.jpg

Photos of the studio taken in June 2013 it is before the drawers were added under the bed. I wish I had concentrated more on the studio. But we were really rushed through it. I'm now wishing that they had provided two ottomans instead of the two tables in front of the couch. Did anyone open the drawers on the nightstand? Or have a better photo of it. I was wondering about storage space there.

I wonder about that also. But all I can think of is that the tables were much cheaper, and the PTB figured they were only "needed" in the 1 BR. Seems kind of an unfortunate decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter