• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GF parking for cabana use??

mrsswat

DIS Veteran
DD and I are staying at GF while SIL,GS,GD do the Star Wars experience. On the day they check out we have a pool cabana that they’ll be joining us for. How should they park/what to tell at entry gate? Thanks for any advice.

DD and I are staying at GF while SIL,GS,GD do the Star Wars experience. On the day they check out we have a pool cabana that they’ll be joining us for. How should they park/what to tell at entry gate? Thanks for any advice.
Are SIL GS GD checking into the GF? Tell the attendant they are checking in.
The pool at GF is limited to registered guests, not guests of guests.

I don't know if starcruiser guests have some sort of vip status

Are SIL GS GD checking into the GF? Tell the attendant they are checking in.
The pool at GF is limited to registered guests, not guests of guests.

I don't know if starcruiser guests have some sort of vip status
Thanks. Will look into that.

They can be strict especially when it is busy. Read a post about people actually having to wait in line to get into storm along bay, they were checking reservation status because of the crowds. Also, remember pool hopping is not allowed at Disney. Only exception I know of is POFQ/PO riverside.

We were at Beach Club last August. Believe they scanned our magic bands to confirm we were staying there then gave us a paper wrist band to wear. Different color every day. Am really surprised all the pools aren’t doing that yet.

We have family that visit us almost every time we stay on property and they tell the gate attendant our name and room number and are allowed to park. Haven't had an issue yet - just make sure they know your room #.

I agree with Aimeedyan. Resort guests are allowed to have visitors as long as they provide the name and room number of the person they're visiting. If by the rare chance the gate attendant turns them away, they can park at the TTC and monorail over, although I doubt they would ever need to do this.

Technically, they're not allowed to be in any of the pool areas if they are not a resort guest. But the best thing you could do is to ask the front desk for permission for your family to join you in the cabana. Explain to the desk where they're coming from too.

Are you and your DD the only people listed on your GF reservation? If so, you could ask the front desk to add SIL, GD and GS to your room for the day to access the pool as standard room capacity at GF is 5 guests.

Thanks all for the information and advice! Plans are still evolving and who knows? Disneyworld in August?? The cabana may just get rained out that day lol. We are a bunch that’s always flexible!

We rented a cabana at the Contemporary and hosted a bunch of my husband's co-workers when we were there for a convention. We didn't have any issues with them using the cabana for the few that were not staying at that hotel with us. Everyone still talks about what a fun day that was, including the brief FL shower in the afternoon!

Easiest thing is just to request a day pass for them. My DD lives in Orlando and when we stay at resorts we request a day pass at the registration desk when she visits. Have not had an issue. Provided you aren’t over capacity in the cabana, they should be allowed access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter