GFV Resort Studio vs. Standard Room

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I'm having trouble understanding the differences between a GFV Resort Studio and regular rooms at GF? They look almost identical to me with both just recently completed or renovated? There is quite a difference in price between the two for the dates I'm looking at. Can anyone help me understand the differences? Thanks!!

The regular rooms just have a beverage cooler and a coffee pot. The Resort Studios are DVC and have a kitchenette - microwave and toaster along with the coffee pot and beverage cooler (which might be a mini fridge, not sure).

Otherwise you’re right, they’re the same, because the Resort Studios are simply regular hotel rooms converted to DVC studios.

Oh yes, I’m not sure whether the coffee pots are the same or different.

Another difference is GFV Resort Studios will all be in the Big Pine Key building.

The Resort studios do in fact have a Keurig, a beverage cooler, a microwave and you can request a toaster if there is not one there - I will note this is a DVC ability but I do not see it not applying to a direct reservation. Big pine key will be the building which is very close to the lobby. The only downside which can be an upside as well somewhat is the standard view rooms can look at the roof of the pool bar or the back of it. One the other side there are some rooms at the end on the top floor that will have somewhat a view of the fireworks. I will warn in the summer those rooms can be warmer then others as it is a vaulted ceiling with the roof above the room. Nights are fine. We had one last year. There are Robes in all rooms you can use available to purchase. If the Resort room is less expensive there is no reason I can think of not to spend less. However if you pay for a lagoon view (if that what it is called not theme part but some type of water) it will be looking at the construction at the Poly. All of the buildings have a small lobby including BPK with a CM - small compared to the main but plenty of coaches and nice seating. As noted above the only real difference is the very small kitchenette area as pictured above.

Hi all, I'm having trouble understanding the differences between a GFV Resort Studio and regular rooms at GF? They look almost identical to me with both just recently completed or renovated? There is quite a difference in price between the two for the dates I'm looking at. Can anyone help me understand the differences? Thanks!!
Was the views resort, water or TPV? A good view cost much more than resort view.

Last edited:
Do all the buildings have the paper thin walls?
I have stayed in every single building at gf. I have never had an issue with the walls.

A few times at any of the resorts I have had a problem with noise and connecting doors.

If noise is an issue do what my friend does, she always calls and asks for a room without a connecting door and /or a quiet area. Some hallways get more foot traffic if near an elevator etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter