Ghosts of Abyss/ OK for Kids to See?

catjammies

Mouseketeer
I'm very interested in seeing the new Imax Disney release, Ghosts of the Abyss. We may have the opportunity in about 4 weeks down in Fla!

I am concerned however - it says rated G, but is it REALLY ok for kids......

ie - We'll have 2 7 yr olds 2 5 yr olds & a 2 yr old!

We just saw Ghosts of Abyss, and it was a 3-d movie, but it was not Disney (at least not to my knowledge). It was a movie about the Titantic........some researchers went diving back to the wreck around 9/11 and this movie is a documentary on that trip. It's very interesting, and my dd (6 yrs) loved it, but she said she likes Lion King better (we just saw the Lion King - Broadway play version on Sunday for my Mother's Day present). At any rate, it could be boring for other children. The only Disney movie playing at our local Imax is Lion King, and they said they expect it to be there (only once a day) until the dvd is released. Hope this helps.

My DD 7 year old loved it. My DH and I loved it. My DD 4 year old liked it. However, she cried when they flashback to the sinking of the ship. It didn't make her cry out of control, but she did get sad for the loss of the people. Of course, we all did!!! I just had to explain a lot to her during the movie.

We did not think this money was worth the money and my son loves Titanic. It didn't show much more than what we've seen before and it was very much a documentary. I think your kids would be bored.

My oldest DD is going to see this for a field trip and she is 12! I think it looks like a documentary. My 2 younger ones have seen the Titanic exhibit in Chicago on field trips after studying it in 2nd grade. I know when the movie came out a few years ago we never saw it but friends of ours said kids were crying during it. Do you ever plan to go on a cruise? The image of a ship sinking is scary to me and I am 40!

Yes, we would be going on a cruise later this summer -

I think you've made a profound point - we should see this WITHOUT kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter