Gideons

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
What time do i need to get to Gideons on a sunday where I can get in and out the quickest?

They open at 10am, the line starts to form around 9/9:15 when I have been there early.
They keep the line building until they reach a certain point near Homecomin', then they start the virtual queue.

We got in line about 10:20 am when we there a couple of weeks ago. Waited about 25 minutes. Cookies were great, and the lemon poppyseed cake was scrumptious.

In and out your best option is to pre order from East End and uber over if you don't have a car. For Disney Springs I've shown up midday during the week and waited for about 40 minutes. Its not just the cookies at Disney Springs; really fun inside if you're into the macabre.

I was so upset with Gideons. I got in line at 9:20 on 9/26 and wanted the coffee cake cookie and the lemon one. I ordered 2 Coffee cake, 1 lemon, 1 choc toffee pistachio, 1 PB and 1 cookies and cream. They gave me 3 cookies and cream, a PB, choc toffee pistachio and a choc chip. I drove in that morning from Lake City after a long days drive from TX. I may never visit them again after that. Wasted $18 and tried to contact them about it and they were unresponsive. Not impressed at all

Can a cookie really be that good?
I agree with yes and no. Depends on the cookie, expected wait and heat conditions. I loved the Coffee Cake cookie with...well... coffee. Neither my wife nor I were impressed with the chocolate chip (i.e. it was too soft for our liking). We have also had some of there cake slices(we tried the red velvet and the chocolate slice which were decent). In regards to wait times I'd say anything over say 45 minutes....move on or get in the virtual que and come back. If you are determined, get there 1st thing(early...say 9:15 )on Sunday morning so it's not a 2-3 hour wait but will likely be closer to 45 minutes give or take(at least that's what it's been for us). The interior is pretty cool for sure but once inside we moved fairly quickly and weren't able to enjoy it as much as we'd have liked.

Can a cookie really be that good?

I think cookie preferences are so subjective. It is a unique type of cookie however, certainly unlike any other cookie I’ve bought. You can tell they put a lot of effort in making the cookies this way; it’s just a matter of whether you like it that way or not.

Our family loved them but we tend to like “underdone” cookies and brownies. Gideon’s cookies definitely taste like they are underdone.

I think cookie preferences are so subjective. It is a unique type of cookie however, certainly unlike any other cookie I’ve bought. You can tell they put a lot of effort in making the cookies this way; it’s just a matter of whether you like it that way or not.

Our family loved them but we tend to like “underdone” cookies and brownies. Gideon’s cookies definitely taste like they are underdone.

I really liked them too, though I'd be hard pressed to call anything worth the kind of wait they typically have. It is definitely my kind of cookie though!

I normally find this type of thing to be over-hyped, but Gideons is actually that good. The peanut butter cold brew coffee is transcendent…literally one of the best things I have ever consumed.

Only thing a bit overrated are the cake slices in my opinion.

The only cookie we enjoyed enough to eat again was the pistacchio. The nuts gave the cookie some desperately needed texture and depth of flavor. The rest of the cookies are like eating big balls of raw dough. I like raw cookie dough...just not a pound of it. Plus they were greasy/oily.

DH really liked the peanut butter cold brew. I thought it was gross and couldn't detect any peanut butter flavor in it anywhere.

I liked the cookies WAY more when we got them at Polite Pig back when their East End MArket location used to ship over a small quantity each day for sale. I have to wonder if they are just being mass produced now and quality control is out the window?

The only cookie we enjoyed enough to eat again was the pistacchio. The nuts gave the cookie some desperately needed texture and depth of flavor. The rest of the cookies are like eating big balls of raw dough. I like raw cookie dough...just not a pound of it. Plus they were greasy/oily.

DH really liked the peanut butter cold brew. I thought it was gross and couldn't detect any peanut butter flavor in it anywhere.

I liked the cookies WAY more when we got them at Polite Pig back when their East End MArket location used to ship over a small quantity each day for sale. I have to wonder if they are just being mass produced now and quality control is out the window?
Mass produced? This isn’t nabisco…

Have been wanting to try this place for a while now. Finally went this week. My expectations were high, and the cookie met them. They are VERY sweet! Perfect to eat 1/2 then, and save 1/2. The peanut butter cold brew EXCEEDED my expectations and was the true star of the show. Amazing! Will be back every trip.

Have been wanting to try this place for a while now. Finally went this week. My expectations were high, and the cookie met them. They are VERY sweet! Perfect to eat 1/2 then, and save 1/2. The peanut butter cold brew EXCEEDED my expectations and was the true star of the show. Amazing! Will be back every trip.

Was about to say the same thing. That Peanut Butter cold brew was KILLER! We took the cookies back to our resort and heated them up and it was next level amazing. Will definitely be back! I much prefer the virtual line, if I’m being honest.

Each cookie weighs a pound. Half of one is an enormous amount for one sitting for one person. Probably like eating at least an entire sleeve of Oreos.

I’ve been there twice in the past three weeks and will be trying to go once more before we leave. The chocolate chip cookies are absolutely to die for, in my opinion. We will definitely make this a requirement every trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter