Gift shop prices Harry Potter

xavier2001

DIS Veteran
Universal newbie, we are going for the first time this Spring. Santa is going to bring Universal gift cards to my kiddos. I want them to have enough to buy an interactive wand and another souvenir of their choice. From what I'm reading the wands run about $50, is that correct and how expensive are the rest of the gift shop items, not looking to buy robes or anything like that, just some sort of souvenir of their choice to remember their trip by. Thanks in advance :)

You might want to rethink that. In Diagon Alley, the kids can go into Gringotts bank and exchange muggle money ( regular money) for wizarding money. It's alot of fun!

We gave the kids gift cards for Christmas when we went. It was great! It was their $ so we wouldn’t police their purchases. I did institute a mandatory waiting period from the time of “I want” until they could shop- usually the end of the day (or even next day) to make sure it wasn’t just an impulse buy.
They had $100 each- 50 for the wand, 50 for whatever. Those came from their grandparents. I was willing to spend some too- like I gave them $5 to exchange at Gringotts. You don’t need to exchange much $-it’s just a fun activity.
The hoodie ds1 picked was $65. The knit hats we bought them were about $20-30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter