"Gifting" DVC contract?

Sharon526

Earning My Ears
Question... So my "Aunt" (my mom's good friend) referred me to DVC. I ended up buying 50 points. I was talking to her today and she said that eventually she'd like to give us her points because she knows my kids love Disney and she doesn't want to pay the maintenance fees anymore. I said she could try to sell them, but she said, can't she "gift" them? I said I don't know. so that is my question for you guys? Her own kids (both single guys who have no plans for families and/or kids) don't want her points, so she'd like to give them to us. Can she do that since we aren't related? Or would it be better for her to just add us to the deed?

Yes, she can gift the contract(s) to you. It will still need to go through ROFR, but with a true "gift" situation it is an automatic approval. You will just need to have the contact deeded in your name and recorded by the county.

DVC can provide the documents. She should call MS and select "Member Administration" (prompt #2) from the phone options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter