Gifts for Class?

wendyk

Disney Lover
We are travelling on the Western. I'd like to bring home a little someting for the kids in DD class. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend a fortune. There are 20 kids. Which port has the best deals?

thanks,
Wendy

In Cozumel there was a store with small wooden puzzles made in Mexico for $1, and on Grand Cayman there was a store where I bought pencils for $1. They were colorfully painted, with wooden fish, parrots, etc. on top and said "Grand Cayman Island" on the side. I don't remember the names of the stores though, sorry. I would think most "souvenir" stores would have inexpensive items you could get for the kids though.

In each port there are lots of stores with small inexpensive souvies. Magnets of the island would always be a good and useful option, and we saw a lot that were 3 for $2. My sons teacher went to Aruba and brought each kid back one of those little bottles of sand and shells with "Aruba" printed on it.

Anne

For the teachers we picked up the 4 pack of tortuga rum cakes in choclate. They went nuts over them, absolutely loved them. We did not bring home anything for the classmates this time.

Each night save in the cooler your pillow chocolates, on the last night ask your room steward to give you enough to make up the difference. Then pick up some stickers or pencils and make a goody bag. DS 9 gave each of his classmates a pencil two ,stickers, and two chocolates each. They loved it! We bought the teacher a nice DCL pen and some pretty stationary in Grand Cayman.

DID YOU FLY OR DID YOU DRIVE? IF YOU FLEW HOW DID YOU GET THE CHOCOLATE HOME THRU SECURITY OR DID YOU FLY BEFORE THE NEW RULES ABOUT NO CHOCOLATE?

Mickey Soap! They always give us tons of this and since DH has very sensitive skin we bring our own when we travel. I put the soaps in a drawer everyday, and they bring more!Between the soap and the cocolates we have something for everyone:p

We have did Soap, Shampoo, Sea Shells, and Postcards(The ones they leave in your room. Just ask your Stateroom Host. They are usually very accomodating. Also you may find different things in the Disney Gift Shops like pens or pencils. For the teachers a nice DCL coffee mug!

I THOUGHT I HAD READ THAT AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR THAT THE TSA DIDN'T WANT YOU TO CARRY CHOCOLATE IN YOUR CARRYON AS IT WAS SO DENSE AND COULD BE THOUGHT TO BE A BOMB OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I THINK IT ABOUT THE SAME TIME AS THEY STARTED NOT WANTING YOUR LUGGAGE LOCKED.:rolleyes: :confused:

Inever heard anything about chocolates. We packed them in our carry on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter