Girls' day to ourselves...what to do?

Lesley

DIS Veteran
The "girls" in this case are me, my 2yo dd (32mo at time of trip), and my 47yo mother. We will be sending the guys to Blizzard Beach and/or Disney Quest. Mom says she'd be thrilled sitting under a palm tree for the day...

We're DVC members so I'm contemplating a day at the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge pools (staying at BWV) and maybe tea at the GF (dd's restaurant abilities are growing...). Any other ideas? We won't be doing parks as this will be a "non-ticket" day for Mom. We're not huge shoppers either.

We will have access to a car (if we make the guys take the bus...lol) so off site suggestions are welcomed too.

Thanks!

My mother, 2 yo son and I spent a day at Epcot, but since you want a non-park day, hanging by the pool and going to the GF tea both sound like fine ideas. Or, you could go to DD and let your daughter play with legos, then go have lunch at Rainforest Cafe, but personally, I'd prefer the pool and tea.

If you are doing the tea at the GF, how about getting manicures at their spa? I believe they offer special ones for little girls.

My dd would probably love a manicure....Mom and I aren't really the "hair and nails" type though...I had thought of perhaps taking turns getting massages or something, but then we sort of have to take turns. A pedicure might be an idea....my toes need some serious help!

Yeah, I think maybe the pool and tea may be it...perhaps the tour over at WL (just noticed it as I put the activities guide from Jan. in my scrapbook! ) Or a bike or canoe ride near WL/FW if we're feeling energetic!

Thanks for the ideas! I welcome any more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter