Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And since I brought that one out I might as well share this one again!

Tradition_Button.png

I don't have anything teal either. So I just may end up either green or blue or yellow. I don't have lime green either.
I still need to figure out a snack for the M&G....what to bring, what to bring???

Since you called me the Queen, here you go - teal and frugal (and pima cotton):

Bayou Teal to boot!

I somehow missed this one Theresa. I was at JC Penney last week picking up some shirts for my dad and saw NO teal anywhere, was looking for a polo since I wear polos for work a lot. That shirt is certainly in my price range, but some Penney's stuff I wear a XL...and it is not in the teal.

Figures, huh? Good job, QueenBillabongGoogle

I use coupons, buy store brands, check the food ads, etc. And since Noelle is my shopping buddy, I always try to show her how it pays to do those things. Same with clothes shopping. I try to teach her how you can find cute things that aren't brand name. And if you wait for a sale and extra percent off coupon, you can get more for your money. She's learning. We never pay full price for anything if at all possible.

When I was in my early teens, I used to go thru the Sunday paper and clip coupons out for stuff that my mom always bought. She couldn't be bothered with it. So when we went to the store, if I had coupons for stuff she had in the cart, I got the money from them. Hooked me early on coupons. LOL

I did Deb! It is such a crazy good value. But you really have to work at it with RCI as they have my on going searches a mess all the time. I have had to call in 4 times this week, and they still are not right. Sigh! I finally grabbed a 2 bed at Bonnet Creek for the 2nd week as back up. If anything comes up DVC, I will be able to change to that.

Beth, I would love a nametag for myself:) Even if it is just the electronic version.

I liked Bonnet Creek. There's a possibility I'll be going back there in November!

Good morning, ladies! :) Happy Tuesday.

Over the weekend I realized that I don't have a lime green shirt! Well, technically I do. The one I wore on the 2009 Diva trip, but um, it's about 3 sizes too small now. :sad2: So when I was out running errands, I was also searching for one with no luck. :rolleyes:
Is lime green out of style now? For awhile it seemed like that color was all over. I might have to be a rebel and wear blue or something else if I don't have any luck between now and the trip.

I got a basic T at Hobby Lobby. Michael's has had them on and off recently too. And then my company sent me a shirt to wear to the Convention in Vegas (that I didn't get to go to, GRR), and it's freakin lime green. Dang ugly corporate color. LOL

I actually won a contest on the Disney Parks Blog last week and I (along with 29 other winners) get to train and run 2 miles with Jeff Galloway on Saturday morning through Disneyland and DCA. Plus they said there are many other surprizes in store for us. :thumbsup2
Wow, that is awesome, Sarah!! Congrats!

My arm flab isn't too bad, but I know a lot of women who call it "bat wings" for a reason.
:lmao: I have to say, my bat wings have become most impressive in the last two years or so.

I can't recall the last time I set foot in a Macy's. Or a Nordstrom, or Saks, or any such department store. My clothes shopping is limited to Kohls, JCPenney, Target, Walmart and plus size stores like Avenue.

I like to play it that way. But thinking my teal will be missing the bluish tint and be, well, GREEN!!!!
That's ok. I'm thinking my lime green will be missing the lime green and be, well, oh... I don't know..... BLACK! :rolleyes1

I just can't find lime green. :confused3 Sorry. But in order to not mess up the flow of lime green in all the photos, I'd better sit them out. :thumbsup2

I do like the matching tees. It turns out so nice in the group ride photos, and such. Some colors are just more of a challenge than others.

I don't have anything teal either. So I just may end up either green or blue or yellow. I don't have lime green either.
I still need to figure out a snack for the M&G....what to bring, what to bring???
Oh yay!! Another non lime greener. :banana:

Is that what teal looks like? Not even close to the 'teal' shirt that I bought.:rotfl:
I know! That's not what I think of when I think of teal. I've been wrong all this time. :rotfl2:

So when we went to the store, if I had coupons for stuff she had in the cart, I got the money from them. Hooked me early on coupons. LOL
Nice. :thumbsup2

Yo Bernice! Come talk to yourself a bit more. We are getting close to 250 pages. Won't be long now before it's time for a shiny new thread! :cool1:

But, I won't be of any help with that. At least not tonight. I'm sleepy and off to bed! :cloud9:

Since you called me the Queen, here you go - teal and frugal (and pima cotton):

Bayou Teal to boot!

I'm wearing the turtleneck version of that shirt right now. St Johns Bay, teal. I have about 4 shirts in this color. One look in my closet would tell you I like blue, teal, purple and wine/maroon in dark shirts and blue, aqua, pink and lavender for spring. LOL I owned one hunter green t shirt for St Patricks Day. Now I have the lime green atrocity, which I am considering tie-dying over with navy dye. I look horrible in yellow, orange or green. Like I need a trip to the morgue. LOL

I got my "30 day- your-trip-is-around-the corner" email from Southwest today! WOO HOO!!!!!!

When I was in my early teens, I used to go thru the Sunday paper and clip coupons out for stuff that my mom always bought. She couldn't be bothered with it. So when we went to the store, if I had coupons for stuff she had in the cart, I got the money from them. Hooked me early on coupons. LOL

Clever.
I got a basic T at Hobby Lobby. Michael's has had them on and off recently too. And then my company sent me a shirt to wear to the Convention in Vegas (that I didn't get to go to, GRR), and it's freakin lime green. Dang ugly corporate color. LOL

And I love lime green. Everyone who knows me, sees the color, and thinks of me. I have almost every possible clothing item in neon lime green. I have at least 7 watches with lime green bands.

We do not have Hobby Lobbys in San Diego, but Michaels had lime green, but no teal.

I know! That's not what I think of when I think of teal. I've been wrong all this time. :rotfl2:

The bayou teal pictured is actually a little more aquamarinish than I think of teal too.

See...a non-real color. It is what I have been saying.:cutie:

Black is good. I still have my way cool black pirate shirt from a couple years ago.

My favorite ever shirt was the chocolate brown ones with pink the first year that Callie's husband designed. I could wear that one. Start a trend.

Chocolate brown, the new teal.

Yo Bernice! Come talk to yourself a bit more. We are getting close to 250 pages. Won't be long now before it's time for a shiny new thread! :cool1:

But, I won't be of any help with that. At least not tonight. I'm sleepy and off to bed! :cloud9:

Sorry, I was lax in my "talk to myself make it to 250 pages" job. No pay pal pennies for me.. darn! :upsidedow

There is more that I would love to read and post on.. but the DIS is not cooperating, I have high speed DSL internet, DIS apparently does not. Took a few minutes just to load it up. :headache:

I find more clothes at Macy's (plus sized), on clearance and using a coupon --duh, of course!-- they seem to last longer and look nicer than JcP, walmart. Darling cute stuff and VERY good prices (clearance racks, browse the clearance..because everything gets marked down eventually!).

Good morning, ladies! Happy Wednesday!

I got my "30 day- your-trip-is-around-the corner" email from Southwest today! WOO HOO!!!!!!
:banana: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

Black is good. I still have my way cool black pirate shirt from a couple years ago.

My favorite ever shirt was the chocolate brown ones with pink the first year that Callie's husband designed. I could wear that one. Start a trend.

I have my pirate shirt, too. But I'd need two of them to fit me now! pirate: pirate:

I love chocolate brown. Mixed with pink, of course. ;)

There is more that I would love to read and post on.. but the DIS is not cooperating, I have high speed DSL internet, DIS apparently does not. Took a few minutes just to load it up. :headache:
Oh, I know. It's so annoying. :mad:

:cheer2::cheer2:

This will be awesome! I'm actually going to register for it right now so I don't forget and wait too long.

I'm kind of bummed because I know I'm spending a lot of money this weekend with the trip and all. But at least I get paid on Thursday and reimbursed a little from my Aunt and Cousin.

Oh, screw it! I'm excited and I am buying myself (and a co-worker) one of those Dooneys. Can we use Disney gift cards at the Expo?

I hope so becasue I have a couple from Christmas. :thumbsup2

Wow, that is awesome, Sarah!! Congrats!

Thanks! I'm excited, but hope I can keep up with the 12 minute mile pace. Plus I've got a horrible sore throat. Anyone have any ideas to make it go away? I've garrgled with warm salt water and am taking Cold-Ez.

Clever.

And I love lime green. Everyone who knows me, sees the color, and thinks of me. I have almost every possible clothing item in neon lime green. I have at least 7 watches with lime green bands.

We do not have Hobby Lobbys in San Diego, but Michaels had lime green, but no teal.

The bayou teal pictured is actually a little more aquamarinish than I think of teal too.

See...a non-real color. It is what I have been saying.:cutie:

I still have my brown shirt too. :thumbsup2

Plus I've got a horrible sore throat. Anyone have any ideas to make it go away? I've gargled with warm salt water and am taking Cold-Ez.

I still have my brown shirt too. :thumbsup2

I think you are doing the best already..gargling, warm liquids. I've heard lemon is suppose to help, honey, tea etc. I am a big believer in replacing your toothbrush or at least disinfect it somehow. I could be wrong, but I think of it as re-infecting yourself with germs off your toothbrush. :confused:

First sign of sore throat/beginning a cold, I get a new brush or at least pull out the UV light for a few cycles. I use the pricey rechargeable ultrasonic toothbrush, replacement heads are very pricey but ohhh so worth it! I can't stand a regular old cheapo toothbrush now.

I still have my brown shirt too! I think it fits..maybe... hmmmm.

Plus I've got a horrible sore throat. Anyone have any ideas to make it go away? I've garrgled with warm salt water and am taking Cold-Ez.

Oh, no. I hope you feel better soon.
Check out this link. It has all sorts of natural home remedies. Everything from sucking on garlic, to a horseradish cocktail. You may not smell very good, but who cares if it helps. lol

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/home-remedies-for-sore-throat1.htm

Also, Callie recommended I try Throat Coat tea once when I had a sore throat and it was really good.

http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/throatcoat
I found some at Whole Foods, but I bet they sell them other places as well.

Take care! :hug:

I think you are doing the best already..gargling, warm liquids. I've heard lemon is suppose to help, honey, tea etc. I am a big believer in replacing your toothbrush or at least disinfect it somehow. I could be wrong, but I think of it as re-infecting yourself with germs off your toothbrush. :confused:

First sign of sore throat/beginning a cold, I get a new brush or at least pull out the UV light for a few cycles. I use the pricey rechargeable ultrasonic toothbrush, replacement heads are very pricey but ohhh so worth it! I can't stand a regular old cheapo toothbrush now.

I still have my brown shirt too! I think it fits..maybe... hmmmm.

Oh, no. I hope you feel better soon.
Check out this link. It has all sorts of natural home remedies. Everything from sucking on garlic, to a horseradish cocktail. You may not smell very good, but who cares if it helps. lol

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/home-remedies-for-sore-throat1.htm

Also, Callie recommended I try Throat Coat tea once when I had a sore throat and it was really good.

http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/throatcoat
I found some at Whole Foods, but I bet they sell them other places as well.

Take care! :hug:

Thanks! I'm going to replace my tooth brush and try to find that tea. :)

Lisa, I just noticed you are at exactly 1,000 posts! :cool1:
And Katie just broke 3,000 the other day. I was going to comment on it when I saw it but the DIS was crawling and I got tired of waiting, then I just forgot.

This day/time next month, the scavenger hunt teams will be down to an hour and a half left to finish their packets and will be rushing around trying to get it all done! :cheer2: I'll be sitting on a bench somewhere, nice and relaxed, sipping something cold (or hot if it's chilly out) and cheering you on! :cheer2:

Sarah~ Congrats on the win! That will be cool.

I am part of the ant-lime green club too. I found a shirt at old navy last year and am bringing that for this year. I think the color looks awful on me. Time to start hitting the tanning bed to improve the skin reflection of the green.

Today during a lesson on practicing describing people, one of my students drew a picture of a bomb (the countdown timer) on the chest of an Indian women. :mad: I took the assignment from him and sent his paper to the principal. What is wrong with these kids?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter