"Girls Weekend" where to stay?

jlx2

Mouseketeer
We are planning a girls only stay using our points and wanted some input from those of you that have stayed at various DVC resorts. Last year we stayed at Saratoga Springs and loved it. We were by the quiet pool at Congress Park and the pool was so relaxing and the landscaping beautiful. We loved the 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney and we had the dining plan (which we would like to do again). We are going to be there for 5 nights (4 girls total) the first week in May and maybe only do a day or two tops at the parks. Mostly we just want to lay by the pool, relax and eat. Since most of the restaurants at Downtown Disney now aren't going to be on the dining plan I'm not sure of the dining plan will benefit us (I know the restaurants at the hotel we can use, but we loved the variety at Downtown disney.) I was looking at Old Key West and noticed that they have 2 queen beds instead of one queen size and a pull out sofa, and it is also less points. They also have a ferry to Downtown Disney. I was also looking at the Boardwalk standard view due to the activity on the Boardwalk and the close proximity to Epcot and MGM. Which of the 3 (Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and Boardwalk) would you stay at? I think it would be fun to try somewhere else, or should we stick with somewhere we already know we love? I really like there are the 2 beds in OKW and that there's a little more room. Is there a pretty quiet pool there or just the main pool at OKW? Sorry this is so long, but we want to make the right decision since we look forward to this every year. Also what do you think of doing the dining plan if we're only going to do the parks for a day or two, and Downtown Disney won't have any offerings except Captain Jacks?? Thank you so much in advance for your advice!

If you are looking for a studio for 4 women, I would pick OKW. I did it with 3 friends in April and it worked out fine with the 2 queens. I've also done trips with 3 friends in a 1 bedroom and we did BWV or VWL. We had 2 in the king, 1 person on the sofabed and 1 in an aero bed. I don't know if you could fit an aero bed into a studio. I wouldn't want 2 adults on a sofabed (which you'll get at resorts other than OKW).

Five girlfriends and I were in a GRAND VILLA at OKW last November for my 50th birthday. Heavenly! Nice balcony for relaxing in the morning...huge living area....quiet pools are very nice (but we only spent part of one day poolside and opted for the main pool area). Boat to DTD is good and we also loved walking to SSR spa on the path thru the golf course (stayed in the SouthPoint area which is my new favorite OKW location...we are DVC members at OKW)

Have fun!

OKW is very nice and I'm going back in November.

Epcot resorts are very convenient to places to eat at BW and/or Epcot.

SSR - never stayed there.

I think ANY of the three you mentioned would be great! If you want a different resort than SSR, either OKW or BW would be terrific in its own way!
IMO, being at OKW would feel a lot like SSR (except for the room setup); BW offers a different feeling, but the same room setup you've had. You can't go wrong with any of them, so maybe flip a coin? :rotfl:

If it's a girls only weekend, take into account the activities you all love to do. SSR's spa can't be beat, and if it were me, I'd be there most every day for some pampering! Plus, it is close to DDT and you can get in some terrific shopping at a leisurely pace. If clubs are your thing, then you can also get to and from Pleasure Island fairly easily!

Or, if you want to be where the action is try the BWV. Jellyrolls's is a favorite and I love the dueling pianos. Maybe some of the girls have AP's and would like to go to the park a little more often? They can walk to Epcot and I believe MGM.

OKW is usually where I stay, but I don't stay around the room for huge amounts of time. I love it there it is peaceful, but I don't see any outright advantages for a girls weekend other than it is beautiful and quiet. (Ok, the two queen beds is a great advantage too!)

Do the girls you are going with have any opinions? What are their favorite activities?

DebbieB said:
If you are looking for a studio for 4 women, I would pick OKW. I did it with 3 friends in April and it worked out fine with the 2 queens. I've also done trips with 3 friends in a 1 bedroom and we did BWV or VWL. We had 2 in the king, 1 person on the sofabed and 1 in an aero bed. I don't know if you could fit an aero bed into a studio. I wouldn't want 2 adults on a sofabed (which you'll get at resorts other than OKW).

I Agree with DebbieB and have nothing to add except... CAN I COME??? :goodvibes Have fun planning!!!

I would vote this way:

#1: OKW: stay by a quiet pool...the rooms are larger (although not sure about a studio, but I think so???). Great relaxed "Key West" atmosphere...very laid back and QUIET!

#2: BWV: more to do, in great walking distance to MGM and EPCOT, 2 of my favorite "adult" parks...plus "quiet" pool is so close to "big" pool that most of the kiddies tend to go to the bigger pool so when it's not crowded, the quiet pool can be quite quiet!

#3: SSR: I admit I have not stayed there, but smaller rooms and not as much appeal there for my personal taste, but since you've stayed there and love it, you know best!

Good luck with your decision and have a great girl's trip!!!!!!

BWV lots to do and a lot of resturants near.

I'd do BWV or SSR for the access to "stuff" and entertainment. If you'll have multi-day park tickets or APs, I'd think BWV is a no-brainer because you can stroll in and out of EPCOT for dining and entertainment. :thumbsup2

If you are only doing parks one or two days - I'd stay at SSR for DTD, the pools, the dining, and the spa! :sunny:

OKW is quiet, but I am not sure I'd want "quiet" for a girls weekend ;)

All three are great. It's nice to have the chance to choose...

a small point only....how important was the 'prettiness' of the quiet pool at SSR. Quiet pools are great at all resorts but the SSR one's are definitely more scenic.

If 4 adults are staying in one studio, I would definitely go with OKW. The studio is larger and the 2 queens are a big plus. In one of the smaller studios, you may feel cramped.

ok here goes

BWV because

1--lots to do :thumbsup2
2-- lots of dining places :stir:
3--dueling pianos for night fun :woohoo:
4--close to 2 parks :teacher:
5--flower power concerts at epcot, last year list below :rockband:
Flower Power Concert Series at the American Gardens Theatre
5:45pm, 7:00pm, and 8:15pm

Relax under the stars and enjoy great music from the '60s and '70s.
Entertainment Subject to Change without Notice

The Nelsons April 21-24
The Buckinghams April 25-27
Gary Puckett April 28-May 1
The Grass Roots starring Rob Grill May 2-4 (May 4 times To Be Announced)
Paul Revere & The Raiders May 5-8
The Association May 9-11
Davy Jones May 12-15
The Tokens May 16-18
B.J. Thomas May 19-22
Felix Cavaliere's Rascals May 23-25
The Guess Who May 26-29
Tony Orlando May 30-June 1
Arlo Guthrie June 2-5
The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie June 6-7
Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone June 8-11

6-- if you girls like sushi AND SONG, KINOMO'S AT THE SWAN :Pinkbounc

7-- you can walk back from all the above, no bus required :lmao:

HAVE FUN WILL TRAVEL

I've done girlfriend trips for the last 6 years and we've always stayed in the deluxe resorts. This time we'll be using my DVC points and will stay at OKW because of the 2 queen beds in the studios. Just makes sleeping arrangements so much better (and having queens instead of doubles is why we stayed in the deluxes instead of moderates).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter