Give a day volunteer search showing only American places?????

Okay being quite lazy - :rolleyes1 I'm not finding the link.

But can anyone tell me if there is some activities that I would have a good chance of getting a voucher before March 12th.

If it is the blanket one that I've read a bit - can someone post the link.

I'm not feeling that giving/generous of heart with my wants being to get my voucher on time - but oh well. :goodvibes

Okay being quite lazy - :rolleyes1 I'm not finding the link.

But can anyone tell me if there is some activities that I would have a good chance of getting a voucher before March 12th.

If it is the blanket one that I've read a bit - can someone post the link.

I'm not feeling that giving/generous of heart with my wants being to get my voucher on time - but oh well. :goodvibes

I think if you got the blankets in the mail before Monday, send them expresspost - 1 day guaranteed delivery (its about $2 more than the regular 3-day mail, and about 1/2 the price of "guaranteed delivery next AM" ... that gives them over a week to have received the blankets and send the verification. Not sure how busy they still are, but I think you'd be OK. I just finished giving this same advice to my friend tonight! LOL So if you both do these blankets and don't get your vouchers on time, I'm thinking I might get blamed!

They're easy to do in an evening, so I think you should be able to buy fleece, and get them to a postal outlet on Saturday. :goodvibes

sent our blankets off on saturday and they arrived either tuesday or wednesday(2 parcels went out at once)...i know theyre busy getting all these blankets in etc, but where are you guys checking to see what your status is on them? i rec'd two emails, one saying they were glad of my interest and hte tool kit to download and one saying thanks and we'll inform them and if you cant complete please let us know. any ideas?

haha-- never mind! lol jsut logged back in via the link in the email.

my 60 days hasnt passed yet, altho it says it has, but my verification says pending, should i be concerned that it says its passed? it also says theres a 2 week span for it to be verified.

Just an update on the Haiti kits for anyone who is interested. Took us 2 days to assemble 40 kits. Shipping via UPS sent Mon Feb 8 arrived in Kansas city Fri Feb 12, vouchers received by email 4 business days after on Feb 18. Had a problem with verification of 1 volunteer, resolved now with voucher received Feb 26.

Update on our experience.

We just returned from Disney using the volunteer vouchers.

All went smooth, no issues, but we were prepared. As spelled out in the regulations, you'll need identification for everyone that has a voucher. Not sure what would happen if you forgot ID for one person in your party, but don't take the chance, double check before you leave to make sure you have everyone's ID.

We originally were going to upgrade the ticket with the park hopper option, but ended up purcahsing an additional day as well. There have been reports that you can not upgrade the ticket right away, have to use the ticket first then upgrade. We had no problems doing the upgrade in the same transaction.

The ticketing agent took the following steps:

1. Issued the GADGADD ticket.

2. Voided the GADGADD ticket. The GADGADD ticket is a different ticket than the usual ticket. It's a plastic card similar to the resort card. After it was voided the ticketing agent allowed us to keep them for souvenirs.

3. Issued new tickets (Tyvek) and applied the full value of the GADGADD ticket to the new tickets we purchased.

It was a pleasant experience. Hopefully others will have the same experience as us.

ETA: Should also mention we were given GAD buttons to were. I've also read reports that some people have recieved some freebees wearing their button.

Hello,
I've posted this question over on the GAD thread, but I thought I'd leave it here too since perhaps it's a Canadian issue. I want to add my date and time to the volunteer portal area of my account, but I keep getting errors, and on a few occasions it has said to try again in 30 minutes. The problem is, I have been trying for 2 days now. Has any one else had this problem? I'm starting to worry that I may never get the page to come up. :sad1:

haha-- never mind! lol jsut logged back in via the link in the email.

my 60 days hasnt passed yet, altho it says it has, but my verification says pending, should i be concerned that it says its passed? it also says theres a 2 week span for it to be verified.

This is a GOOD message ... although the wording is less than ideal! LOL this means that your blankets have been received, and your status is in the verification stage. It seems that most have their vouchers within a couple of days of showing this status. :) I'm sure they say it can take up to two weeks to give them some extra time built in, in case they are swamped all of a sudden.

Ok blanket-makers, help me find the link! I want to get my boys involved in something and this sounds like a good start. What do I search for on the site?

Is the blanket-making opportunity gone? I can't find it. I think it would be perfect for my kids to do!

Is the blanket-making opportunity gone? I can't find it. I think it would be perfect for my kids to do!

Just don't search for your own city or postal code ... instead, type in 99999 for your postal code. There will be 3 different blanket opportunities ... one in French, one in English for Canadians, and one in English for the USA. :) when you use 99999, they are the first choices that pop up for you.

Just don't search for your own city or postal code ... instead, type in 99999 for your postal code. There will be 3 different blanket opportunities ... one in French, one in English for Canadians, and one in English for the USA. :) when you use 99999, they are the first choices that pop up for you.

Thanks!

All went smooth, no issues, but we were prepared. As spelled out in the regulations, you'll need identification for everyone that has a voucher. Not sure what would happen if you forgot ID for one person in your party, but don't take the chance, double check before you leave to make sure you have everyone's ID.

What park did you exchange your vouchers at? Was it done at Guest Services, or the TTC, or was there a special "window" specific for GADGAD? My sister said that last year when they took her FIL on his actual birthday, it took them an HOUR to get his free pass. :scared1: So just wondering how much extra time we'll need on that particular day. There will be 10 of us in total that all made the blankets (2 families).

Thanks! 10 more sleeps to go! Tomorrow ... SINGLE digit :banana:

We just finished our blankets tonight. I can't find anywhere in our instructions for the blankets about having to include a picture.

Our 60 day window closes on Thursday so we will send them next day shipping tomorrow.

Can anyone say where the mention of the photo requirement was in the toolkit before I send the blankets off?

Cheers,

Brian

We just finished our blankets tonight. I can't find anywhere in our instructions for the blankets about having to include a picture.

Our 60 day window closes on Thursday so we will send them next day shipping tomorrow.

Can anyone say where the mention of the photo requirement was in the toolkit before I send the blankets off?

Cheers,

Brian

Under the Instructions section, (on the first page of the Package that has the final page that you have to fill out and submit along with the blankets), item number 3. I've copied it here:

3. Include one or more photographs of your family working together on the project.
4. Completed blankets must be sent to Volunteer Canada’s national headquarters. Print and fill in
the verification letter at the end of this document. The completed letter must be included in
the package with your finished blankets. Volunteer Canada process all donations and distribute
them to local chapters of the Blankets for Canada Society.
Volunteer Canada
353 Dalhousie St., 3rd floor
Ottawa, ON K1N7G1
5. Be sure to allow enough time for shipping blankets so that arrive by your completion date.

Hope that helps. :)

I can't get a response from the blanket organzation. I've sent my email twice and DH once and still nothing. We've been trying for three weeks. Any suggestions?

We originally were going to upgrade the ticket with the park hopper option, but ended up purcahsing an additional day as well. There have been reports that you can not upgrade the ticket right away, have to use the ticket first then upgrade. We had no problems doing the upgrade in the same transaction.

The ticketing agent took the following steps:

1. Issued the GADGADD ticket.

2. Voided the GADGADD ticket. The GADGADD ticket is a different ticket than the usual ticket. It's a plastic card similar to the resort card. After it was voided the ticketing agent allowed us to keep them for souvenirs.

3. Issued new tickets (Tyvek) and applied the full value of the GADGADD ticket to the new tickets we purchased.

It was a pleasant experience. Hopefully others will have the same experience as us.

ETA: Should also mention we were given GAD buttons to were. I've also read reports that some people have recieved some freebees wearing their button.

HI! Glad to hear you had a good experience. I do have one question for you though. Were you able to use your Canadian Drivers' License? Or did you need to carry your passport around with you?

I have a friend who was asking me... and I wasn't quite sure ! Any help you can provide would be great!! Thanks!!!:goodvibes

Turned in our blankets yesterday. DH and I drove to Ottawa and dropped them off. A friend did the same last week and got her vouchers in four days so I am waiting!!!! We did three crochet blankets and two fleece with ;)hockey prints. Nice.

I got my vouchers! I dropped off the blankets on Tuesday and the vouchers came in this morning!:cool1: They look so cool... like a nice souvenier in themselves! Next stop - Magic Kingdom!

I mailed our four crocheted blankets along with our family pictures last Thursday and received my vouchers by email yesterday. So one week (with a weekend in between). Cost me $12 to mail, $5 for the wool for each blanket, so $32 cost, but got $316 worth of tickets :banana: I figured that it would have taken at least $20 worth of gas plus a lunch out for us to travel to volunteer somewhere (nearest was about an hour away), so being able to do blankets at home and mail them was wonderful. Hope some little ones are enjoying them sometime soon. Now I just have to wait until December to use them :scared1:
Happy volunteering everyone!!!:goodvibes

Just an FYI...
If you have not received confirmation of your volunteer request - you will not be able to participate in the program.
Disney has informed the agencies to no longer accept volunteers as they have reached the 1 million voucher limit. If you have already finished your work or have received confirmation that you will be able to participate you should be fine.
(Hope they have a plan B - this year-long celebration barely made it through 2 months!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter