Give a day volunteer search showing only American places?????

Just an update...

I received an email from Volunteer Canada today stating there was a misunderstanding on their part and that YES they would validate our volunteer service. As soon as they receive the blankets they will send out our "email " for the Disney tickets.

I am hoping all goes well. I sent the blankets by priorty mail ( to arrive there by Wednesday,) so I hope it is true.

I will keep you posted.

Hi son3disfan, we are doing the same one, today we finished 2 blankets, did you do a certain size. From what I read on the toolkit it says that they can be any size, as long as they are handmade, and new! The ones my 7 & 9 girls made today are the size of 2 receiving blankets together probably! We are going to try to finish the other 2 tomorrow night. Also, did you do the knot blanket at all, to make sure I am understanding it right, it is actually a piece of material, and you make the slits on the sides and knot them are they 2 pieces of fabric or just one? I am not a blanket kind of person, the 2 we finished today, were actually knit baby blankets we were working on for a baby shower, and that is the extent of my craftiness. We will have to re-make the knit ones for the baby, but we are going to Disney in March, so I wanted to get this done sooner, rather then later!

Thanks for your help!

I can't even get my postal code accepted to find opportunities. :confused:

try it again, then scroll down. kept telling me a it was incvalid then b the page was too busy. after the third attempt i noticed the page" grew" and there were two opportunities. but yet the page still told me i couldnt get at it.

Extremely disappointing that Canada's capitol shows only 3 opportunities for youth. I am curious to know how they picked the organizations.

try it again, then scroll down. kept telling me a it was incvalid then b the page was too busy. after the third attempt i noticed the page" grew" and there were two opportunities. but yet the page still told me i couldnt get at it.

thanks, I will try that!

Did they change the site? I type i the zip 82520 like PP said, but there's no "Canadians Only" option anywhere? (for the blanket making option).

I also live over an hour away from city life....

Try putting in 99999 for the blanket one. When I was emailing volunteer.ca for help with the website they told me to do 99999 as the postal code to search! Unless they are full now!

I finally managed to get accepted into the blanket one.
I went to value village and they have those rolled up fleece blankets (NEW) for 5.99 and 25%off. I bought 2 of those and am going to cut the ends and tie them as per the instructions. They are just big pieces of fleece anyway and its much cheaper than going to fabricland.
We are going in March, so going to get them done today and off in the mail!

Hi son3disfan, we are doing the same one, today we finished 2 blankets, did you do a certain size. From what I read on the toolkit it says that they can be any size, as long as they are handmade, and new! The ones my 7 & 9 girls made today are the size of 2 receiving blankets together probably! We are going to try to finish the other 2 tomorrow night. Also, did you do the knot blanket at all, to make sure I am understanding it right, it is actually a piece of material, and you make the slits on the sides and knot them are they 2 pieces of fabric or just one? I am not a blanket kind of person, the 2 we finished today, were actually knit baby blankets we were working on for a baby shower, and that is the extent of my craftiness. We will have to re-make the knit ones for the baby, but we are going to Disney in March, so I wanted to get this done sooner, rather then later!

Thanks for your help!
We made them as per the example on the email( kit). I only used one piece for my DH and I, but my kids picked a "spiderman" pattern and a stripped pattern, and they were a little thiner then ours, so we doubled those ones. They looked really good when we were done! I was surprised. With the left over (cut corners ) we made hearts for the corners and I just sewed them on.
It was a fun family activity.

OK, I really want to do the blanket thing as the one I signed up for is over an hour away. So, am I able to un-sign up for something??

What kind of "skillz" are required for the blanket?

Is this sewing, knitting, crocheting, other?

OK, I really want to do the blanket thing as the one I signed up for is over an hour away. So, am I able to un-sign up for something??

Hey Laura..........which one did you sign up for? There are some in Oakville, but may not be what you are looking for.

What kind of "skillz" are required for the blanket?

Is this sewing, knitting, crocheting, other?

You just need fleece and scissors!
You can knit or crochet if you want, but for the craft challenged like myself, I just made the simple ones! They turned out great - really cute. We did them last night. Ours are about 48" x 60"

Thanks everyone for posting the blanket opportunity. I had found one other opportunity in Grand Forks, North Dakota (1.5 - 2 hrs away from my new location) and was excited as it said volunteers over age 6 were allowed, but when I got to the final sign up stage, it said 12 was the minimum age. So now, I'm signed up for the blanket one. I would prefer to volunteer outside of my house with my 6 year old, but as long as I can include her at home, that works.

We are confirmed by our organization! I followed the link sent to me and it all opened up fine. I filled out all the information and got to the very last page where you have to fill in the volunteer time and date and pressed the button. Here is where the glitch happened. Since my volunteer day is more than 60 days out from now it would not let me finish the sign up process. I emailed my organization to let them know and said I would confirm at the 60 day mark. I received an e mail from disney this morning confirming my sign up process. So they must have known about the glitch already. I emailed the organization and said I received confirmation and I would re-confirm through the link at the 60 day mark just to make sure.:goodvibes

Anybody get an email with a 30% or 40% discount on accommodations once they were confirmed for the gadgad?
I received my confirmation emails today and 10 minutes ago I received an email, mentioning the month I had put down that I would be visiting WDW and listing the discounts I could receive if I stayed on property. Too bad that we are already booked off site! I wonder if everyone who volunteers will receive the same discount offer? :idea:

You just need fleece and scissors!
You can knit or crochet if you want, but for the craft challenged like myself, I just made the simple ones! They turned out great - really cute. We did them last night. Ours are about 48" x 60"

Yeah, we signed up for and completed the blankets last night. Ours were the suggested size mentioned in the kit.

It was fun, we all enjoyed it very much. Now I just hope it gets to where it needs to be in time for our Feb 17 trip!

I am registered for the blanket project. Did the original toolkit mention that you must include a picture of volunteers making the blankets? When I looked at the toolkit last night it states that at least one photo must be included. I don't remember that being mentined in the toolkit a couple days ago?

I am registered for the blanket project. Did the original toolkit mention that you must include a picture of volunteers making the blankets? When I looked at the toolkit last night it states that at least one photo must be included. I don't remember that being mentined in the toolkit a couple days ago?

Not sure what you mean by "original toolkit", but it was a requirement in our toolkit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter