Glitch in the new system - 190 Day ADRs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It FINALLY let me in, too.

The trick was I didn't ask for the specific restaurant that I wanted. I just had the system give me a list of all of the restaurants open for dinner that entire evening. Then it worked. Not sure why it didn't work for a specific restaurant as the one I wanted (Yachtsmen) is the one I eventually got!

My 180 days is June 2nd, but I was able to make almost all my ADRs!!! So excited! My only problem was I wasn't able to book CRT. The days I wanted were blacked out (I couldn't click on them). Any advice? Do I just have to wait until June 2nd? Can I call in? Does anyone know if they are booking ADRs early on the phone also? TIA.

Nope, phone is still going by 180 days. Actually I have a split stay and their system wouldn't allow me to book anything for the second half of my stay even though it's within 10 days of my first stay.

And CRT online is going by a strict 180 days from your check-in date. I could get everything I needed a couple days ago except for that but today was my 180 days and CRT was finally available today.

I had my calendar all marked for my 180 mark. Now that I've read through this thread I'm hoping that the ADR's I want for our first 3 days are still available when I start checking at 187 days. I'll be away from my computer when we reach 190 days and I am too technically challenged to even attempt this using my DH's iPhone internet connection! Congratualtions to those of you who have discovered and been succesful with this new system. And thanks for the alert. At least I won't be waiting until my 180 day mark.

i got most of my ressies for my nov27th-dec 4 cant get crt or hoop dee to work but i can call tomorrow for my 180 day so crosses my fingers i want those ressies

Woohoo - this site is awesome, my 180 day window opening was 6/2 - but went online and just got CP for 11/29, Boma 12/1, Tokyo 12/2, Le Cellier 12/3 and Mama Melrose 12/5!!! :cheer2:
The only thing I didn't get was Spirit of Aloha and it looks like I'll have to wait 'till 6/2 for that one. Mama Melrose didn't have availability for the exact time I wanted, so I went for a little earlier - doubt that anything would have been available if I'd waited until 6/2.:scared1:

My 180 day is Tuesday June 1st , read on these boards about making
reservations early and it worked !
Got everything I wanted including Le cellier.

It seems with the new system for booking ADRs online, those who are staying on Disney property can book at 190 days instead of 180. No one has a chance to book up to 9 days before you just because they are arriving earlier than you. Everyone staying on property gets a shot at ressies for that day at the same time.

I like it. No more trying to plan Le Cellier (etc.) early in your trip so that you can keep trying to get it later if it is already booked when your window for ADRs opens.

The only disadvantage I see is having to make ADRs one day at a time over a period of days rather than being able to make up to 10 days of ADRs at one time. This isn't a big disadvantage to me though. I don't mind making ADRs one day at a time if I have a better shot at getting what I want.

Thoughts?

I like it. I agree with you on the one disadvantage, which is having to log in each day to secure your reservations.

However, I have to admit that the disney freak in me is enjoying the fun of logging in each day right now (our trip is Dec 4th - 11th, so a new day is popping up each day)

So, tomorrow is 190 days before our arrival day of Dec. 8. Does that mean that I should be able to enter my confirmation number for the trip and make reservations for that day tomorrow morning? I was looking around on the reservation site (I've never done online reservations before), and in the place where it asks you for your confirmation number, it won't even let me select an arrival day in December :confused3.

I don't mind having to get on everyday to make the reservations, and I want the best possible chance at getting the ADRs we want. Any help would be appreciated.

I deleted my comments because obviously I'm unaware that you can start to book 190 days out. I guess I need to pop in over here more often. Now I'm off to see if I can make an ADR...

You can book through Dec 7 as of today. (Mine are done through Dec 7). But you have to pick an earlier arrival date than your actual date on your reservation confirmation. Then the system will let you book your ADRs.

Hope that helps.

You can book through Dec 7 as of today. (Mine are done through Dec 7). But you have to pick an earlier arrival date than your actual date on your reservation confirmation. Then the system will let you book your ADRs.

Hope that helps.

Thanks......that pretty much answers what I was asking. I just couldn't figure out why it wouldn't let me enter the correct arrival date. Guess that means I get to start making ADRs tomorrow :banana::banana:!

Wait... I'm confused... I thought it was 180 days from your arrival date + 10 days after that... which isn't the same as 190 days from your arrival date.

Wait... I'm confused... I thought it was 180 days from your arrival date + 10 days after that... which isn't the same as 190 days from your arrival date.

Unless there has been a major change very recently, you are correct.

It should be 180 days from arrival, you can make up to 10 days worth of ADR's. That is very different from 190 days from arrival.

Honestly I do not like it. I really don't enjoy the thought of having to get up at 5 AM everyday for a week to try to get the ADR's I want.

It should be 180 days from arrival, you can make up to 10 days worth of ADR's. That is very different from 190 days from arrival.

Apparently there has indeed been a major change very recently... from what I understand, if you are staying on property you are now able to call exactly 190 days from the day you wish to dine to secure a reservation. Looks like the old 180+10 is gone.

The online system seems to be allowing 190 days as of now. Not sure if this is a real change or a bug in the system. My guess would be a bug, but so far Disney hasn't fixed it yet. Though I doubt anybody has reported it to them.

Apparently there has indeed been a major change very recently... from what I understand, if you are staying on property you are now able to call exactly 190 days from the day you wish to dine to secure a reservation. Looks like the old 180+10 is gone.

And I think you can only make them one day at a time -- no more booking 10 days from your arrival date.

And I think you can only make them one day at a time -- no more booking 10 days from your arrival date.

Correct... 190 days in advance if you're staying on property and then one day at a time. It does seem to be a major change that hasn't been officially announced yet. I like it though. It gives everyone who is staying on property on a given day the same chance at ADRs for that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter