Go without DH

I've done the Disney trips with and without my husband and sometimes without the kids.
My husband does not get "vacation days" at work so if he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid. Also, I travel for work so I would find myself in LA over a weekend with no plans--what to do? Go to Disneyland!
The first time was w/out husband and kids. I made it for two hours, and was so bummed that I left the park! I later told myself that I would never let that happen again---I should have enjoyed myself. Since then, I have been twice alone--I enjoyed every minute of it. We stayed at BC, I ordered a pina colada, propped my rear in a chair while the kids swam and I phoned my husband. He loves Disney and especially the BC so this one was tough for him to swallow--but he's not the jealous type so was also glad to be able to share the experience as I told him where I was and what I was looking at. The other thing he loves is the "Beatles" group at EPCOT. I phoned him while I was there too so that he could hear the band--this one brought tears to his eyes. Maybe you would think that was cruel punishment for him but he would have been upset had I not shared the experience.
My point is, you'll find it difficult at first but do your best to overcome the guilt or sadness that you may experience. Hopefully you won't experience these feelings since your husband does not want to go.

It is a definate me, 2 DD's and Mom are heading to the mouse house next year. Mom is as excited as I am. I think she will love AKL . She is not much of thrill rider so she won't bedoing Tot. RR coaster, Splash, or Space but will love everything else.

As my DH said "go -- your Mom she is 72 go with her while you can. SHe will love it." HE is thrilled he does not have to go on the trip with her ;)

Now I have to decide on Feb or March -- any suggestions?

YIPPY! What a wonderful way to spend time with your Mum! Just think about the cool three generation photo with Mickey!

I think in early Feb with weather is chiller than March but you'll find deals on AKL. I think you can get a good rate in March too. It starts to get busy Presidents Week to the end of April ~ Spring Break. What are you looking for? Deal? Good weather? Low crowds? YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME! Sandra

We have always gone in Feb. and I have gotten great deals at moderates. I really love the look of AKL and think Mom will love it. I guess I am looking for a deal. I always have had deals and am not use to paying rack. We were there Feb. 7-16 and paid 84.00 per night for CSP. I loved CSP but Mom does two weeks in Cancun every year and I am afraid it will be all too familiar for her at CSP. I want this trip to be special.

HOw much worse are the crowds in March? We have been in both early and late Feb. and never really had a crowd problem.

Renee

No one can tell you what to do, but I enjoy trips to WDW with and without DH. This year I have two trips planned. The first one is coming up...May 8-13. I'm going with two of my grown DDs and three DGD's (8, 8, 4). DH enjoys Epcot a lot...but isn't exactly crazy about MK, which is where the little girls will probably want to spend most of their time. DH also likes long, sit down dinners, not french fries, burgers, or quick counter food. Well, you get the idea....he's staying home in May. But, we also have another trip planned from Sept 22-28 with my DH's brother and his wife. If you really think you might like to have another adult along, sure ask your mother. I LOVE going with my daughter(s) and grandkids too!

I'm SOOO glad I didn't skip this thread, it's been interesting to say the least! Since we can not "post things directly to other posters unless by email", may I say that the above post about "my DH deserves my undivided attention & from now on I'll just let him make all of our vacation plans...", is HILARIOUS!!! I would be out in the woods hunting with my DH & 7 mo. old DD every possible chance!! :p And, I just can't see that happening!!

But, back to the subject...I encourage DW's to go to WDW without their DH's! Unless the DH's love it too! My DH is so "tired" of WDW, "it's the same stuff...". Well, phooey on that philosophy! I want to go to WDW EVERY year, and now that I have a DD, I will load her up too! My DH & I haven't been to WDW together in 3 years, but he "volunteered" to go this year, since the baby is going... Now, if he would just help pay for it, we'd be doing really well!

Two years ago, my best friend and I went to WDW, without our DH's-which we had "drug" down for the previous 2 years, and it was honestly the BEEEEEEST vacation I've ever had!! I love my DH, but we are mature enough to understand that we can both have different interests (& vacations!) without jeopardizing our marriage! He would MUCH rather me go with a friend, or family member, than him have to go and suffer through it! (And, you better believe I don't beg to tag along on his hunting vacations that he takes 4 times a year!!! :p )

Oh well, there is my 2 cents, along with everyone elses! IMHO, it's not the end of the world if you go on a vacation without your DH! (Just keep that in mind... MY OPINION ONLY.... :D )

...only 9 days to go!!! (no he's not screaming yet, but I'm sure he will.... :jester: )

For anyone who can take more than one vacation a year, I think it is great to do lots of different types of trips with different groups of people. My mother told me that she is the envy of all her friends for getting to vacation with us. We have a taken a couple of trips for just the two of us, and she and I just took my kids to Dollywood over spring break. My kids are just too young for me to manage all 3 alone at a theme park, but since yours are older, you probably could. I am still glad to hear that you are taking your Mom, because she will enjoy the trip too.

I do think the trips have a different feel. Ours are more relaxed without DH. We go slower and don't have that pressure to see everything. I think that comes from DH, and I don't mind that either, it's just different without him. He runs a much tighter ship and keeps us on schedule! With my Mom along, it seems I call all the shots, do all the driving and am very much in charge of everything, so you might want to be prepared for that if you are not used to it.

If my dh couldn't or didn't want to go on a trip with us, I would ask my MIL, she's 73 years old going on 40! She's just been diagnosed with Parkinson's ~ she's doing great! She's like a mother to me! And she's the best grandma too! I think I'll call her now ~ thanks! Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter