Goal Getting....my journey....lmhall2000

I'm going to be working HARD the next two weeks...I've been sorely disappointed in the scales so I've decided to do low low carb for the next two weeks to jump start me beyond that disappointing number on the scale...I'll weigh in 2 weeks..well, 13 days...because Thursday is a good day for me to weigh in on...My goal is to be below 175 before the first day of summer....I'm about 8 pounds off my goal track so I need to catch up!!! At this juncture I'm hoping to see 159.5 on August 25th...and by my birthday I hope to be at 155 (September 13th...) at that point I'll just take the rest of September off to have another life break then work on October and November for getting down to 148....I know I can do it!!! I'm posting this in my journal and making a commitment!!!

Okay..I put it down...now I've got to DO IT!!! I'll be readjusting my goals on page one and not weighing in until June 9th....I'll be posting my eating daily for the next 13 days of low carbing and then I'll post my official DOWN TO 148 starting weigh in then...Then I'll officially reset my goal...hoping I'll be in the 170's low enough to hit 155 by my birthday on September 13th...then I'll be using October and November to get those last 6 pounds off....This will be the first Thanksgiving where I'll see 140's since 1993!!!! It's about time!!! I feel strong and with the WISH'es help I know I can beat this!!!

Focus for the next two weeks are...

LOW Carbing...will allow raspberries/blueberries in very small amounts...otherwise fresh veggies and lean meats...drinking water lots of it with maybe an unsweet tea every other day or so.

Exercising will be a 4 mile walk every other day plus the regular unpacking and organizing the house from the move. Plus a few days at the swimming pool.

After that I will reassess how the weight loss is coming and put a strategy into place...I may try 2 weeks of slimfast with one good meal...then alternate a week of low carb and a week of slimfast until I'm in the 160's...then I'll just let the exercise and eating wisely kick in....it's easier for me to stay consistent if I spend a good month limiting my food choices or substituting a meal...then it's alot easier to just exercise and eat less.

WORKING towards June 9th!!!!

Tara

Glad to see you had time to take a break and update your journal. Moving always takes forever to get settled, then you find that 2 years from now, you still have boxes that you didn't go through. ;)

Good luck on your recommittment. Remember that starting again every morning is what makes the difference in the end. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

EEK!!! My journal was on page 2 at the bottom!!! THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN again!! I MUST JOURNAL until I hit the 150's...I've gained 7 pounds in 7 weeks..EEK!!! So now it's time to stop fussing and get it off!!! I'm at 185.8 this morning and I'm going to weigh in daily until I see 169.8...then I'll go weekly...

Doing low carb for 2 weeks...and I know I can make 14 days without bread or sugar or white flour or french fries...SURELY! I can do this!!! No cheetos, doritos, chocolate chip cookies or brownies!!!! That means a 4th of July with no pie...I'm okay with that....I'll just eat some good barbecue with white barbecue sauce! :)

Let's kick this weight WISH'ers!!!

June 23rd...WEIGH IN 185.8

Hopefully, tomorrow will be less! :)

Drinking my water!!!
Tara

you're around the same weight at me!. Welcome back to journaling. I've just started and it's hard.. I havent been all that good this week.. but there's always a new day ahead of me!! I'm trying to get rid of the bad carbs.

we can do this... just keep repeating that!!!

Keep on pushing Tara and you will make it. Moving does derail things a bit.

You can get back on track and stay there, I just know it. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I read your post on May's journal and posted there... I'm also a gardener and scrapbooker, although my gardening climate is very different. Anyway, maybe we could do a Labor Day challenge. We are all wanting to reach a similar goal - 15/20 off by Labor Day. I am just off the low carb thing for the two week intro phase...with no fruit (South Beach). I am in Phase 2 now so I can have fruit and more "good carbs". It is making a difference. I'm wearing a pair of size 9 pants today and they are loose so that feels great. It just takes planning. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

Tara - welcome back to journaling. You can lose the weight. Keep exercising and drinking your water. You will be down to 169.8 in no time. We will see who can reach that goal first. I am at 177 so I have less to lose but lose very slowly and regain weight fast.

Keep moving and :drinking:your water.

Have a good day.

June 24, 2005 184.8

Loss of 1 pound since 6/23/05....YEAH!!!

Stuck with the plan yesterday...had a few unsalted cashews and barbecue for dinner...got to get my veggies in today..shopped for lettuce and cabbage and onions...nice salad in the makings...

Tara

6/25/04....184.6...

Loss of .2 pounds....

GOING DOWN...I had hot wings for dinner last night...I think the hot sauce kind of holds water...I'll have to watch those next time. But I completed day 2 of low carb...only 12 more to go!!!!!

YEAH!!!
Tara

6/26/04 183.2

Loss of 1.4 pounds since yesterday!!! :)

YEAH!! I love low carbing the first two weeks! :)

Had steak and salad yesterday and pickle, hot dog, and scrambled eggs....I did try a fingertip of chocolate frosting...but didn't eat the chocolate pound cake! :)

Tara

6/27/05 180.8!!!!!

WWHOOOSH!!! Of course I weighed after I had walked 4.3 miles this am and after taking a hot jacuzzi bath which probably help sweat some pounds off but today's weigh in shows a total loss of 5 pounds in 4 days!!! The last time I did low carb for 2 weeks I lost 9 pounds in 2 weeks...I may actually beat that record because I'm walking 15 miles + a week this time and last time I didn't do any exercise during it...I'm hoping that's a good combination...then I'll slow down and lose about 1-2 pounds a week...until GOAL!!!

YEAH!!!
Tara

That is amazing! You are going to reach the Labor Day goal in no time! I'll have to up my progress too! :flower:

Tara - Wow... that's a lot of weight!! :cool1: Do you find with losing that quickly your able to keep it off? Maybe that's what I need to do to get these last 15 pounds off ;) Keep up the great work and you'll be celebrating those 150's in no time :teeth:

Hey Teresa!!! I find it very tricky but manageable losing this fast...I realize that 60% of the loss is due to water your body flushes out more readily because carbohydrates tend to require your body to retain 2-3 pounds of water for absorption issues and such...but what it really does is makes me sugar craving or carb craving free...that's how I gain weight back is by dipping into the cheetos, a bag of doritos, pasta, breads, chocolate chip cookies. I will not regain any but the 2 weeks following this 2 week induction may only be a 1 pound loss each week even though I'm not increasing my caloric intake...the little bit of carbs I do add (whole wheat bread-1 slice per day and berries) may stall the scales for a few days but the bulk of what I'm eating is salads and lean meats...when I stay on that track I tend to lose pretty steadily...I have only done induction 2x this year and only rely on it as a jumping board to shrink my appetite and cut out sugar. I'm determined to hit 159 by my birthday 9/13...so this jump starts helps keep me focused...nothing like seeing that scale go down to shock you into liking a fit body! :)

I think just a week of low carb for you would catapult you into the 140's...you just need to be careful to only add 1 slice of wheat toast and berries/nuts as your carb foods...then after 2 weeks of that you can go back to eating normally as long as you maintain you level of activity..then you can just focus on maintaining! :)

YOU CAN DO IT...you're sooo close!! Have you figured out a final goal weight?

Tara

Tara - I know you can do it!!! I'm not sure I could do it after doing WW so long, but it might be worth a try if I start to stall with my weight loss.

I haven't picked a final goal yet. I was going to go with the highest WW weight for my height, 145, but still lose another 10 pounds, but I'm afraid once I get to 145, I might not lose any more. I'd rather pay a little longer to get down where I really want to be, in the 130's. I'm playing it by ear at this point :teeth:

6/28/05....179.4

Loss of 1.4 pounds today!!!! I'm in the 170's AGAIN!!! Now, I'm going to get out of the 170's and into the 160's as FAST as I can...don't want to EVER see 180 AGAIN!!! :)

Tara

You are dropping so fast! I am jealous! Congrats and keep up the good work :sunny:

6/29/05.....179.8

Gain of .4 pounds...but I did have one small bite of birthday cake....and I have lost so quickly I figured I'd have an adjustment day. atleast I squeaked under 180!! :) Tomorrow is my official weigh in day so we'll see what one week of low carb did for me..plan on sticking to it 7 more days then I'll stick to sensible low calorie eating and increasing my walking to 20 miles a week

Thanks guys for the support!!! I'm determined to beat it this time! :)

Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter