Going in August, made ADR's and actually a little shocked

This is great to hear!! I make mine tomorrow and its a much anticipated day. Although I have been a nervous wreck the past week and just want this to be over with, checking the day before our arrival with all availability makes me feel confident that all will go smoothly tomorrow. I cant wait!!!!

I've been the week before FD and the parks were empty. We are trying this stragedy again this year. It also makes the heat a bit more bearable:sunny:

I'll be up at 3:00am tomorrow making my online ADRS. Love the new system!

Good luck everyone!

I was able to get on to the ressie system at at 5:55 this morning and got everything I wanted for August 15-25 (bounceback free dining). I have to agree that the 180 days plus lack of a free dining offer is making it easier for us overplanners =) I had no problem getting Le Celier, Chef Mickeys and others. I basically got them all at the time I wanted (6:30) or a few within 15 minutes of then. The only ressie that I had trouble with was Tusker House Dinner, but a quick switch of days and we were in. We did not want CRT this time but it kept coming up as an alternate option. Good luck to everyone making ressies - hope you get what you want.

All this is sounding good! I can't wait to have the booking behind me though.... it was sooo stressful last year~:wizard:

I agree with the quick and easy online booking for ADR's at the 180 day mark. :goodvibes I finished mine this morning. I started at 6am and was finished by 630am! We got everything we wanted including Le Cellier and Chef Mickey's. We declined on Ohana dinner since we did that last yearbut it was available?! We will be there for 9 nights; I can't wait. :banana::banana::banana:

All this is sounding good! I can't wait to have the booking behind me though.... it was sooo stressful last year~:wizard:

Yes i know it was very stressful with the 90 days out and then you could only do it by telephone. I had gotten Ohana & chef Mickey last year at 8:15 p.m. times which were too late for me. It took me another two months after that when the online system came about to get my reservations & times to where i needed them. It was tons of work. I was really surprised at how smoothly it went this morning and i was very anxious this whole week for nothing. I got all places & times I wanted. I never expected to see such great availability, i wasnt used to seeing that especially from last year's experience

I have found ADRs available later than the magic day as well. Last year, without making ADRs, we decided to eat at Epcot. We were able to walk into Coral Reef without an ADR with a 10 minute wait. This year, I called at the first day and could not get the time I wanted. I made the reservation and checked back a few weeks later, and was able to get the reservation time I originally wanted.

Same thing for us, except we are going on July 18th and just booked on Feb 14th. So at about 150 days I got EVERYTHING I wanted.

I got Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, Chefs De France, Kona, Boma, Crystal Palace, Coral Reef, Mama Melrose (Fantasmic) and a few others. Just for kicks I tried to get CRT and it came up on multiple days with multiple openings. Same for 1900 Park Fare and Princess Storybook.

I'm hoping open tables means it woun't be too crowded for our trip. Although if they got me to book with the extended 40% I'm sure they got others too.

we just booked and my ADR day is next sunday. I'm so glad it seems to be going easier this year- last year was absolutely nutty!

Well, I am very pleased to hear that you folks are having the same experience. :cool1: I can't wait! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter