Going next week and haven't made PS's for Character meals yet - Mistake?

all4fun

DIS Veteran
We'll be in DL next week 9/12-9/16 and haven't made any ps's yet but know we want to do the Lilo and Stitch meal at the PCH Grill and Goofy's Kitchen as well. Will we be OK making ps's the day before or even the same day (for lunch or dinner)? Or should we try to nail down specific times/dates now before we fly out? I hope it's not too late, otherwise I will just be kicking myself if we can't do at least one Character meal with ds! We usually are big planners but have put this off so far because my parents will be with us a few days and up until a few days ago we weren't even sure exactly which days they would be in the parks with us. Thanks for your help!

I suggest calling Disney Dining tomorrow just to be safe. Sometimes it's difficult to get reservations if it's the day before. It really depends on what restaurant you plan to dine at. Good luck! I hope it all works out for ya! :earsboy:

Are you staying at a DLR hotel or a good neighbor? We have found that with a DLR hotel we have always been able to get reservations on short notice, it may be the first or last seating of the day but not necessarily so with good neighbor hotels.

I'm like you and do not like to have lots of "planned" events--I like to go with the flow.

Hope this helps in some way! :flower:

Thanks for the input. We are staying at the Ho Jo - Anaheim. I guess I'll make the ressies now then and hope for the best. :flower:

I have always been able to get into Goofy's either the day of or the day before. I usualy say we are not going to go to Goofy's on that particular trip, then change my mind once we are there. And this has been at busy times, summer, school breaks, etc.

I've not done Lilo and Stitch so I'm not sure how hard it is to get in there.

Things have slowed down since the summer so I think you'll be ok. Oh, and it hasn't mattered where we stay, we are always treated the same way. But with staying onsite, vacation planning can take care of ressies for you, so maybe that's why it seems easier to some??

We also didn't make ressies for Goofy's Kitchen before going. We had them for breakfast at Storyteller's (GCH), and were going to skip the dinner character meal. Well, we got back to our hotel and couldn't decide what to do for dinner, so I called and we got right in at Goofy's Kitchen - 7:00 or so. We were staying at DLH.

IMHO, I would skip Goofy in favor of the breakfast. Our food was mediocre at best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter