Going Silver -- do both HDDR and Luau?

Rneighh

<font color=CC33CC>This is a horse of a different
We are going on the silver plan in Feb for five nights. Is doing HDDR and Luau too many dinner shows for such a short period? We have forty wishes to use for the five nights. Since we are not huge eaters we plan on using only 3 wishes for most dinners which will leave us plenty of wishes for the dinner shows and cirque.

This is what I have planned and hope we don't feel "dinnered out"

2/6 HOB -- 3 wishes and Cirque 8 -- wishes
2/7 Luau -- 4 wishes
2/8 Prime Time lunch -- 3 wishes and Fantasmic/Brown Derby dinner package -- 4 wishes
2/9 Chefs lunch -- 3 wishes and Alfredo's dinner -- 3 wishes
2/10 CRT 4 -- wishes and HDDR 4 -- wishes
2/11 Pucks -- 3 wishes

That leaves us with one. We have been to Disney several times and really want to experience dining. My concern is we may be over booking on the meals.

What do you think?

Renee

Hi Renighh:D
My sister and I went this summer to WDW on the FTP silver plan. I really did not understand how the wishes worked, but she seemed to have more of a handle on how to use them. I can tell you this much we were busy every night we were there and some mornings with character breakfast, The House of Blues Gospel Brunch and then the nights with Fantasimic dinner package, dinner at Liberty Tavern before the Spectra Parade, dinner at the Le Cellier Steakhouse before Illuminations, Ohana and the Polynesian Luau and our first evening there we ate dinner at Boma.
I think if you are able to you can use your wishes for 2 dinner shows.
We had seen the Hoop De Doo Revue years ago and had never been to the Polynesian Luau, when we go next summer we are going to try and go to both. I just wanted to share with you that with all we did see there is still more left to be seen! We plan on staying for 10 nights next summer when we go and I still don't know how we are going to fit it all in. Needless to say we kept very busy and really did not have much time to go on a lot of rides. ;)
If 5 nights is not enough for you, you may need to be like us and plan to go back again and stay for a little while longer. :)
I hope someone more knowlegeable than me will answer your post because I am interested in finding out more about the wishes myself.
Sorry I could not be of more help. Have a great trip.
"Montana Minnies"
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thanks for all the help. I know I can use the wishes for all the shows but I just did not want to over to it. Sounds like you survived a busy schedule -- I'm sure you will too.

Renee

I've noticed on some days you have lunch and dinner ressies. Make sure they are spaced FAR apart ! We've learned alot from our first year where I went a bit crazy with the "dining experience". My advice is to take the wishes at breakfast and then dinner if possible; otherwise make sure the lunch is early and the dinner is late.
The Hoop De Do and Luau have tons of food but you may choose not to "all you can eat" and save some tummy space that way. Another idea is to have drinks, appetizer, and some fantastic dessert at say the California Grill just to get a bit of the glamour side of WDW.
Certainly no criticism...just "been there/done that" for you to consider.

Have a wonderful time!!

Since we are not big eaters I wondered how we would eat it all. That is why we are only going to use 3 wishes for four people at sit down meals.

I really hate to use wished for a breakfast because they are not a good value for the money. I have had my pencil to the paper and figured that the wishes will cost me $1360 but I will be getting a over $1700 in value if we do Cirque and both dinner shows.

Renee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter