Going to the waterpark at Opreyland in June, advice?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I booked the Soundwaves water park package at the Gaylord Opreyland Resort in Nashville for a total of $500, for four adults on June 1st. Not a cheap price for one night, but it is only around 2.5 hours from us, so I thought I would give it a try. They seem pretty strict about not bringing in your own food, but I will do so in our hotel room, they can't stop me from doing that. We will also go offsite to eat almost every meal, maybe with the exception of one.

So any tips, advice, ect on how to save money at this place? $500 is already a good bit spent, but I will take any tips or tricks from you guys.

We are about 3 hours away and have went twice for 1 night stays. They get you at every turn, the resort fee, parking fee. Everything in the waterpark food wise is outrageously priced. When we went over the holidays they did enforce no food or drink brought in. When we went in the summer no one was checking. There are fridges in the room so bring drinks and breakfast items and eat in the room.

Walk over to the mall and eat lunch or dinner at the food court. Thats my only money saving tip. Its not worth leaving the hotel and finding a new parking spot to save a few dollars at a meal.

We are about 3 hours away and have went twice for 1 night stays. They get you at every turn, the resort fee, parking fee. Everything in the waterpark food wise is outrageously priced. When we went over the holidays they did enforce no food or drink brought in. When we went in the summer no one was checking. There are fridges in the room so bring drinks and breakfast items and eat in the room.

Walk over to the mall and eat lunch or dinner at the food court. Thats my only money saving tip. Its not worth leaving the hotel and finding a new parking spot to save a few dollars at a meal.
Ya, we will eat at the mall. I bet they will hate that.

Do they really make you leave at noon on your check out day?

Do they really make you leave at noon on your check out day?
As long as you don't leave the water park you fine to stay all day. But if you leave "the gates" and you'll see what I mean by that when you get there you will not be able to scan back in after noon.

As long as you don't leave the water park you fine to stay all day. But if you leave "the gates" and you'll see what I mean by that when you get there you will not be able to scan back in after noon.
Ya. I would like to stay until maybe 2 at the latest. Thanks!

There are some moderately priced counter service places where you can eat at the hotel and that's where we ate during our one overnight there for dinner and for breakfast the next day. They charge resort prices, but they are super convenient and way less than the pricey restaurants. I don't think it's worth going offsite when you are there for one day for the purpose of enjoying the place.

For dinner on arrival night we ate at the quick service pizza place (Paisano's Pizzaria & Vino) -- nice view looking over the river (We each just got a pizza slice and one side salad that two of us split to compliment the pizza.) Here is a photo: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/paisanos-pizzaria-and-vino-nashville?select=xK0gvI6jCT6mspLgmuFQjw

At the next morning we had a quick service breakfast sandwich at the Delta Marketplace before leaving the hotel:
Photo: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x886469d12fb8745d:0x39924d4373bc8894!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipOZEnJX4HL8yrQXTZuSzC6Vu6ZkfTpAekoDPQhy=w266-h200-k-no!5smarketplace opryland hotel - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipOZEnJX4HL8yrQXTZuSzC6Vu6ZkfTpAekoDPQhy&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjqkbqb4Zr3AhV7l2oFHaEQDLUQoip6BAhaEAM

In general it's a pretty pricey place like most four star hotels are for food and extras, but at least they had some counter service options.

Have fun.

Last edited:

Their rules are very strict. We sat outside the surfer area with a couple of parents that were not allowed in to supervise their kids unless they purchased a full price ticket. They were not happy.

The surf rider is popular so hit that at a slow time of day.

The night we were there in October 2020, there was a shootout in the foodcourt in the mall next door. Nashville has changed a lot over the years.

If you can extend your trip, make sure to visit Cheekwood and the Lane Museum full of the most amazing cars.

Their rules are very strict. We sat outside the surfer area with a couple of parents that were not allowed in to supervise their kids unless they purchased a full price ticket. They were not happy.

The surf rider is popular so hit that at a slow time of day.

The night we were there in October 2020, there was a shootout in the foodcourt in the mall next door. Nashville has changed a lot over the years.

If you can extend your trip, make sure to visit Cheekwood and the Lane Museum full of the most amazing cars.
Ohhhhhhh. A car museum. Me and my husband might make an extra trip up there just for that. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter