Golden Eagle Catamaran: AM or PM?

Ashley24

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have done this excursion, would you give me your opinion on the best time to go? The two times are 7:45 and 1:00. If we go at 1:00, we will not be able to make our regular dining rotation which would be the Tropical dining night. Is that a bad one to miss? 7:45 just seems too early...would it be too chilly that early in the morning? We are going in April. Please let me know what time you tried and if you liked it. I am making my ressies tomorrow!
Ann:Pinkbounc

We did the morning and then had the whole afternoon free. The ride is great and you can "rest" both going and coming back. Just be sure to reapply the sunscreen afternoon snorkling. I made sure the kids and I did but DH said he did not need it and was sorry!!

The Golden Eagle is very fun, have a blast!!

Pam

We did the afternoon ride and Still were able to make our dining rotation( we had early seating) It is a great excursion! the crew is outrageous! have fun:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We did the AM excursion in January 2002. The weather was plenty warm early in the morning even at that time of the year. When we got back to the Magic, we still had the better part of the day to spend in St. Maarten.

We were onn the same AM excursion as Towncrier and indeed it was very warm and the highlight of our trip. You will absolutley love it. The crew was the best and the champane was flowing!
As another poster stated make sure you reapply sunscreen after snokeling or you will be fried! (dont forget the top of your feet ........right Towncrier!)

I am so excited! I think I will go for the early time. Since I have heard that the ride can be a bumpy one, should I give my 2 dds the bonine when they first wake up or the night before? If I remember correctly, did someone say that the area in the back (away from the trampoline) is the calmest if anyone if not feeling well? Is the snorkeling just in one spot, at the beach they take you to? Did you encounter the nudity that is mentioned in the bochure? Was it a nice beach? How long did you stay at the beach? Sorry for so many questions but I like to be prepared AND I will definately bring lots of sunscreen and remember the foot area! Sounds painful, Towncrier!
Ann

Hi Ann!

We were on the same trip as Gretel and Towncrier. Hi all!

Seas were rough the night before we docked so snorkeling at the regular beach was not very good. They took us to an alternative spot. I did notice a few women without tops but that was it. DD8 didn't even notice them at all. The beach was nice and we stayed there about an hour. They do serve drinks while at the beach.

DD road in the back of the catamaran(away from the trampoline). I don't think it was as rough in there. There are benches in that part.

I am not sure about the bonine because we used ginger.

We did the early excursion as was back on the ship around 11:30. Was able to have clean up, have lunch, and head into St Maarten.

Have fun.:jester:

LOL:) :) :) :) I just remembered your feet, I forgot about your head.............aah that was a magical trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter