Golf Cart Accident

The Fort just needs to have more security driving around to enforce the Golf Cart rules. I saw none, zero this Halloween.
I was also amazed that there were no accidents with the kids riding the electric scooters wrecklessly without even looking what was around them or even care. I did notice in a lot of loops the kids on bikes, elect scooters darting out and going the wrong way in the loops I can hanle it ok in the daylight but at night, geesh! Most without lights as well. I did see adults driving around without lights on the golf carts as well. Disney use to have securtiy drive around and I saw none this trip.

So what exactly are the "Private Golf Cart Rules"?

320281188_33Hxp-L.jpg

320281190_pvmWV-L.jpg

Please forgive my stupidity, but what is the point of lifting a golf cart? Decorating it to one's heart content is understood, but higher off the ground????? Why?

We have ours lifted for practical reasons. We live in an area with low water crossings and the lift kit allows us to drive our cart around the neighborhood and over these low water crossings without doing damage to the batteries and electrical components.:goodvibes Plus it looks good!!

Lifted is the way to roll... Truck has over 6inches of lift, Cart has 6inches of lift... Lift kits add a "LOOK" to whatever you are driving and after owning numerous lifted vehicles I would rather have all of my rides lifted. Just like an ATV, Motorcycle, or car it all comes down to driver or "other driver" error. NOBODY needs to riding anything after dark without lights...... I have seen flashlights taped onto carts, atv's, and motorcycles to see you have to be seen!

I saw this guy getting burned...... The 3 disney suits looking at it, and shaking their heads.... lol..

I understand and may in the future use a trailer or a toy hauler to get a regular (maybe lifted) golf cart all the way to Disney, but what did this guy haul this thing down in? It looks huge.

Dan

I understand and may in the future use a trailer or a toy hauler to get a regular (maybe lifted) golf cart all the way to Disney, but what did this guy haul this thing down in? It looks huge.

Dan

I saw them out in the front parking lot unloading it off of a lawn equipment trailer.

We have ours lifted for practical reasons. We live in an area with low water crossings and the lift kit allows us to drive our cart around the neighborhood and over these low water crossings without doing damage to the batteries and electrical components.:goodvibes Plus it looks good!!

Thank you for an answer I can understand.....told all I was stupid or rather ignorant about lift kits. I don't own a golf cart, so I'm not real familiar with the accesories one can indulge in.:confused3
Learn something new everyday.

I taked to an OCSO Deputy that was at the site of the cart and he said alcohol was not a factor with the 92 cart. Could be wrong and maybe he didn't want to say.

Hate to say it, and start mud slinging, but that guy spent the week drunk. They were in our loop, constant party. And I never saw that cart driving responsibly except for 1 time-and the wife was driving. Infact, we had to get out of this guys way as he took the corner in front of our site(wrong way might I add) like he was taking turn 4. I also saw him with a LOADED cart of screaming hooligans driving full speed through the pool area with no regard to the fact our children were playing there. Slam on the breaks just as he ran into a picnic table, spin around and race back out. My DD also scurried out of the way at one point because this guy apparently couldn't tell where the road ended and the sidewalk began.

No alcohol-I highly doubt it.

Disney can say what they want, but they need to step up patrols, or get CM's that will actually follow through and do something. This little girl could have been killed, and it all could have been avoided if something had been done when this guy was acting like an %$# earlier in the week.

You're in Disney for God's sake, with your family. There's having fun, and then there's being stupid. I'm just glad she is ok.

Um Nicole, you apparently didn't get them memo. It is NOT PC to blame the parents. Silly girl. Parents are NEVER to blame and cannot be held accountable by any means. That is just wrong and unPC.

(for those that don't know me, yes that is sarcasm)

Hate to say it, and start mud slinging, but that guy spent the week drunk. They were in our loop, constant party. And I never saw that cart driving responsibly except for 1 time-and the wife was driving. Infact, we had to get out of this guys way as he took the corner in front of our site(wrong way might I add) like he was taking turn 4. I also saw him with a LOADED cart of screaming hooligans driving full speed through the pool area with no regard to the fact our children were playing there. Slam on the breaks just as he ran into a picnic table, spin around and race back out. My DD also scurried out of the way at one point because this guy apparently couldn't tell where the road ended and the sidewalk began.

Disney can say what they want, but they need to step up patrols, or get CM's that will actually follow through and do something. This little girl could have been killed, and it all could have been avoided if something had been done when this guy was acting like an %$# earlier in the week.

You're in Disney for God's sake, with your family. There's having fun, and then there's being stupid. I'm just glad she is ok.

I was with Donnie and the cop did say no alcohol.

Lone-star I was there too, the popo will not tell you anything. But there was way too many popo there for alcohol not to have been invovled. Cheryle and I also talked to someone that was staying in the 700 loop. They stated that they were drunk and trying to hide beer.

Lone-star I was there too, the popo will not tell you anything. But there was way too many popo there for alcohol not to have been invovled. Cheryle and I also talked to someone that was staying in the 700 loop. They stated that they were drunk and trying to hide beer.

I know this person who talked to this person who talked to that person who talked to another person who talked to yet another person who talked to this other person who told this other person that told this person that I know that told me that this other person said ...

Like I said before, we do not know the situation and probably never will unless you are personally involved in the situation.

I do know that the number of POPO at the scene means nothing. I have seen 6 POPO cars with 9 officers giving out a single speeding ticket to an old lady. Sometimes it is just a slow day or night for crime I guess.

All I can tell you is this, they took more pics of that cart than Mickey had pics taken of him that same day.

However, PP is correct in that unless we talk to the principals involved, we will never know. It is all supposition.

I would have to agree with Nicole. I too was in the 800 loop and that group was drinking heavily all weekend.

Think about this:

What do you think is the reason for the existence of many of the law enforcement jobs around WDW? Could it have something to do with WDW requesting law enforcement presence?

Do you think WDW wants to create the perception that people are getting out of control drunk on their property and injuring guests?

Do you think the above two questions would have any influence over what information goes into a report regarding an incident?

I hope they do not stop renting the golf carts. We especially like staying at the cabins during the holidays and one of the joys is to take the kids around with our hot chocolate and see everyones holiday decorations!

I hope they do not stop renting the golf carts. We especially like staying at the cabins during the holidays and one of the joys is to take the kids around with our hot chocolate and see everyones holiday decorations!

I agree on the cart rental, and all it takes is a few people to spoil it for everyone.
But, I would be surprised if they did stop renting them, because they make a lot of money off of it. They will just pass the cost of their insurance rates and legal expenses off on us. I believe they just need to inforce the rules more and get it back under control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter