Golf ?

lsutigger2

DIS Veteran
We're booked on the 7 day Eastern cruise next April. What opportunities might there be for my DH to have a golfing excursion while on shore one day?

Anyone done this? Is it easy? Costly? Beautiful?

Any info will be appreciated.

January of 2002, my DH did an excursion to Mahogany Run in St Thomas with DCL. The excursion was $110 (transportation to and from, greens fees and cart) he rented clubs there for another $20 (I think). He thoroughly enjoyed it. Said one hole was absolutely gorgeous. They had just finished a renovation-he said it could have been done a little better, but he felt that the excursion was worth it.

one hole was absolutely gorgeous
I'm guessing that would be the 14th, which is a par-3 which sticks out into the ocean. Kind of like the 17th at Pebble Beach, except that your tee shot has to carry the ocean. I've parred it and made a 6 in my two tries. The Mahogany Run course is really nice. Supposedly one of the best in the Caribbean. You may be able to contact the course directly and book a tee time, then grab a cab at the pier to the course and save some money, depending on the time of year. Check out:

http://www.mahoganyrungolf.com/

and follow the "Cruise Ship Passengers" link.

I played Mahongany Run in Jan '03. Total of about 20 of us in the group, had a wonderful time. The staff treated us well, the rental clubs were decent. Make sure you have lots of golf balls as the course is narrow, and the 13th I think is on a cliff over the ocean its a beautiful hole but easy to lose your balls! I actually tried to cancel my golf, but they would not give me a refund on the ship, so I went with my friend and am glad I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter