• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Golfing question

FunnyLady1966

Mouseketeer
We're planning on stay at SoG and the golfing looks nice there. Do you all have other suggestions and why. Thanks:flower1:

My boys have a tee time booked there for 18 holes bright and early, and then they also booked the sunset 9 at the Palm course later in the week

There are Disney 4 courses managed by the Arnold Palmer Group. Three right there at the SoG site.

Palm - 18 holes
Magnolia - 18 Holes (Closing indefinitely starting May 9th for renovation)
Oak Trail - 9 holes (Walking Only)

The 4th course is located near Saratoga Springs & Old Key West. It is an 18 hole course called Lake Buena Vista. It is actually my favorite of the 4.

There are other great courses nearby but I haven't ventured off Disney Property to play any of them.

The Sunrise/Sunset 9 is a great deal if you are looking to play only 9 holes.

There are Disney 4 courses managed by the Arnold Palmer Group. Three right there at the SoG site.

Palm - 18 holes

The 4th course is located near Saratoga Springs & Old Key West. It is an 18 hole course called Lake Buena Vista. It is actually my favorite of the 4.

There are other great courses nearby but I haven't ventured off Disney Property to play any of them.

Are there quality club rentals or should I bring my own? My set isn’t anything special, just a set of Mizunos. But they’re not quite as out of date some rentals I’ve seen at courses.

My boys have a tee time booked there for 18 holes bright and early, and then they also booked the sunset 9 at the Palm course later in the week
Thank you. We're looking forward to getting 9 holes in...just not sure where yet.

Are there quality club rentals or should I bring my own? My set isn’t anything special, just a set of Mizunos. But they’re not quite as out of date some rentals I’ve seen at courses.

Palm - 18 holes

Thank you. Looks like we'll try out Palm!!!

Palm - 18 holes

Think you will enjoy the championship courses more if you are reasonably good golfers. I don't know of any accomplished golfers who ever play with rental clubs. There are a number of other public courses in the area off of the Disney property where you might consider playing and likely for far less money.

IIRC they rent out decent Taylor Made clubs. In the past they would sell them after a season or so to Player's Club members for a great price!
When we golfed at the Magnolia a few years ago we rented clubs from them and they were the Taylor Made clubs. It was a total upgrade from my very basic set of mix and match clubs! LOL!!! :)

Locals I talk to say it's not the best golfing in Orlando, but we enjoy it. If staying at SoG, you might as well consider Palm or Magnolia. You can walk over, what is now SoG used to be a Disney Deluxe called ... Golf Resort. The clubhouse dining is still in SoG.

IIRC, they have recently added more Mickey sand traps, so most 9 holes have at least one for a photo op.

We've always rented and been perfectly happy with the set. Bring a water bottle, there are refilling stations. There should be a refreshment cart traveling around as well, but it always seems to be not running the day I'm there. Then I hit the pro shop for what is probably the only remaining quality-made Disney merchandise on property!

Last edited:
Think you will enjoy the championship courses more if you are reasonably good golfers. I don't know of any accomplished golfers who ever play with rental clubs. There are a number of other public courses in the area off of the Disney property where you might consider playing and likely for far less money.
I am definitely not an accomplished golfer. Lol but I play regularly and I’ve played with other peoples clubs and rented clubs. Sometimes it just works out that way.

Sunrise 9 holes followed by an egg sandwich from Chip 'n' Dale Cafe is a really great way to start a Disney day, IMO. Rental clubs have been fine in my experience.

Have fun!

My family has played all 4 Disney courses, as well as many other courses in the area. We have rented clubs and I think was $25 per person, which works out great when you don't want to deal with bringing your own. Kids rentals are included in the price of golfing and they do have a junior rate. Our favorite course is LBV at Saratoga Springs of the 4. With the construction getting ready to start at Magnolia, you may prefer that course. My son and husband got paired up with a retired Disney executive once and had a great time listening to all of his stories! I'm not a great player and my youngest son is 11 and the ladies tees made it possible for us to play without getting frustrated by the distance.

Our favorite local course is probably Celebration. We got a good deal for playing plus lunch. It is on the top 10 courses in Orlando list. We also played at Orange County National, where a PGA tournament is held and also on the top 10 list. It is very wide open, but a bit of a drive from Disney. We used an app to look for discounted rates and it helped because we were there in the heat of the summer, so it was cheaper in general.

Thank you. We're looking forward to getting 9 holes in...just not sure where yet.
When I first read your post I was thinking SS instead as BV is where they have the 18 hole res. The Sunset 9 is Palm.
The Sunrise was not offered on our date as an option, only the Sunset

I love the WDW golf courses. Great staff. You can rent clubs, usually Taylormade is the brand. You can walk from S0G but if you want to play LBV, ask for a cab at the front desk. WDW usually provides a cab from the resort to the course and back, no charge. At least they were in Jan. Everything is being cut! I don't think sunrise 9 am has returned but the sunset 9 is showing on the golfwdw.com. The twilight rates are up on the site, too. Book online and put the club rental in the notes like regular shaft, right hand men, etc. If you have a park ticket, Oak Trail is an option. Check but I think you get a free round with a park ticket. Oak trail is a walking only with a few easy holes. I enjoy being paired with folks from all over the world. If you are a single, they put with a group. 2 or more can book 30 or more days ahead. Singles have to wait till a few days. However, I have never not got a tee time.

I love the WDW golf courses. Great staff. You can rent clubs, usually Taylormade is the brand. You can walk from S0G but if you want to play LBV, ask for a cab at the front desk. WDW usually provides a cab from the resort to the course and back, no charge. At least they were in Jan. Everything is being cut! I don't think sunrise 9 am has returned but the sunset 9 is showing on the golfwdw.com. The twilight rates are up on the site, too. Book online and put the club rental in the notes like regular shaft, right hand men, etc. If you have a park ticket, Oak Trail is an option. Check but I think you get a free round with a park ticket. Oak trail is a walking only with a few easy holes. I enjoy being paired with folks from all over the world. If you are a single, they put with a group. 2 or more can book 30 or more days ahead. Singles have to wait till a few days. However, I have never not got a tee time.
Twilight sounds awesome!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter