• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good Cabin number?

FFerret

DIS Veteran
This is our first time to WDW and I'm so excited--but I have no idea what a good loop or number for the Cabins are?

We have a 3 and 5 yr old so we'd like to be close to the busses, plus we REALLY need shade :) Does anybody have any good suggestions--and are the busses a good idea or should we just resgn ourselves to using the car to go to the parks?

Thanks!

Congrats on your up coming trip to FW!!!My family will not even discuss staying at any other resort. We have 3 kids(DD/13, DS/7 and DD/5).

Loop 2500 is right by the pool and the laundry facilities. I love this loop, because if 1 or 2 of the kids want to swim while DH and the other rests(naps) we can walk to the pool and when they finish their nap, they can follow on the golf cart, or vice versa.

Loop 2600 is right across from the pool and if you can get a cabin at the beginning or toward the end of the loop, it also convenient to walk to the pool area.

Both are right close to a bus stop also. I really don't mind using the buses, but DH hates the wait. The wait at the end of the day or when it is really hot can sometimes be tough on the little ones.

I hope this bit of info helps and I wish you a wonderful trip!!!;)

Thanks so much, FTWFAN! :) :) :)

We'll request 2500 then.

Is the pool any fun for a 3 and 5?
My 3 isn't even potty trained yet (my God--how I"ve tried!!!!)

My hubby's not much of a waiter at all, so I guess we'll give the bus a try and if it's not so great we'll be takin' the car. I'd love to get a golf cart but they're so expensive :(

Think we might just get it for one day (laundry day)

Unfortunately the pools are not themed at FW. But for a 3 and 5 year(if they are like mine were at that age) a more relaxed setting is better. I think they will still have fun. We have never swam in the pool at the Meadows Trading Post. It is not themed either, but it is much larger and I think there is a kiddie pool there. My kids have so far been content with the cabin pool.

I know what you mean about DH not being a waiter. Mine isn't either. Several times when we were at a park and one of the kids began to get tired and ill, DH would take that child and the car back to the cabin. I would finish what the others wanted to do and then we would ride the bus back. No problem is you are a little patient.

I know what you mean about the price of the golf carts. It is expensive but DH would not visit FW without one. He and the kids enjoy just riding around on it almost as much as going to the parks. We have had some adventures on the golf cart(that's a whole different story for another time).

I hope you have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!By the way, when are you going?

FTWFAN,

We are leaving pretty soon for FTW cabins and was
so excited to see your comments on which loop to
request...Do you think that you should fax in a request
for LOOP 2500 or would it be OK to just request at
time of arrival?? I faxed in a request several days before
when went to POR 2 years ago and it worked like a charm!
We had a fabulous location at standard rate prices!
Do you just say "LOOP 2500 "or would you request a
cabin that's closer to the front or back of the loop?
Do you think that it's noisy there? Thanks so much
for your input...I have a feeling that my family(DH,
DS/8, DS/11,DS/13) will only want to stay at FTW cabins
everytime!

Jill :Pinkbounc:tongue:

When I make our ressies, I just ask the person to put the loop request on the ressie. I have never actually faxed in the request and we have almost always got the loop we wanted. If you get the 2600 loop, you need to request beginning or end(it is a long loop). If on 2500 all the cabins should be fine as it is a pretty short loop. Also, the beginning of 2500 is right close to the pool. I don't remember the noise from the pool being a problem though.

I asked when you were going because DH and I will be at FW July 20-24(without the kids)(DD/13, DS/7 and DD/5). He has a seminar at the Peabody for 2 days of this trip, so I will actually get to explore alone!!!!Do the things that I can't with the kids there. We will also be celebrating our 16th anniversary!!!!!

I hope you have a safe and fun trip and please let me know how things went when you get home. Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Wow--looks like both of y'all are going to beat me there.

We're going Sept 30-Oct7 --

So I expect FULL REPORTS when y'all get back :) :) :)

it's our first time ever at WDW and I wanted to get value season to make it less painful on our budget :) We're doing the FTP for $2016--two adults and two children with UPH. UPH is way overkill for a fam of two small young 'uns, but it helped us afford the cabins.

My kids haven't even SEEN a pool yet so who knows how they'll take it. Jess is five and autistic--we never really know what'll wig him out, but the kiddie pool sounds like their speed. How shallow does the cabin pool get?

FTWFAN--thanks again for all the advice; you've been very helpful!
Iit wouldn't even had occured to me to split up the fam if one kid's had enough and a parent's willing to go back. We'll certainly keep that in mind. Is it alright to drive to the park then decide to take the boat back and then the boat again in the morning to take the car back the next day? In other words can you leave a car in the parking lot at MK overnight?

I never have felt comfortable faxing in requests, but I always call the reservation number and add whatever requests I have to the reservation. We've been lucky in always getting our requests that way.
In any event, I would hesitate to wait until arrival to make the requests. I've been told that, for the most part, rooms/cabins are assigned earlier in the day or week, so I suspect that waiting until arrival may be too late.

you cannot leave you car in any of the theme park lots overnite. The boats going to/from MK to FW are fun and easy transportation! Use them, you will like them and so will your kids!:bounce:

We had cabins 2603 and 2604 and they were in a good location. They were the 2nd and 3rd cabins in from the loop as you went toward the left (in the beginning).

2603 is very close to the bus stop so you could hear the buses pulling away from the stop. If your children are light sleepers that may be a probelm, but the walk was very convenient. We were also a very short walk to the pool. Keep in mind this loop is very large so as one poster mentioned you'd want to request to be at the beginning or the end of the loop. We were also very a quick walk to the pool.

I faxed a request a few days before we left and the room assigner was so kind to fax and CALL me to let me know what our cabin numbers would be. We actually had other friends that joined us as well (so that was 3 cabins we asked to be close together)...he had us together but the front desk messed up and gave one of the cabins to someone else. Luckily I saw people in there and called the front desk to ask what happened. They apparently had a mix up, apologized and assigned our friends to the closest cabin available which was a few up, but that was still ok.

I also suggest taking advantage of WDW transporation to the parks. EVEN take advantage of the buses, so much better than driving and getting stuck parking way out and waiting for a tram to get to the main entrance (or worse, more walking!). We made a mistake of driving to EPCOT one night and had to park way out-would have been much quicker and easier to take the bus. The boat to MK is very nice.

Great Info from everyone!
It's always so nice to the upper hand
when it comes to getting the best rooms...
Thanks to these boards, I think you are always
ahead of the game!!! I can't imagine going into
all of this blind! I'm going to fax my request, in
the next couple of days! Now I just need to get
all of the work done at home! LOL!

Jill:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter