Good place to stay 1-3 hours away?

Gillian

DIS Veteran
We're coming down I-95 & looking for a good place to spend the night before heading to the World. We're looking for a town/city that's easy to get to from the highway, with inexpensive, clean motels. I suppose safe would be nice too :) Thanks in advance!

The hotels around the World Golf Village look nice. We stayed at the Comfort Suites there in 2001 and they were very nice, clean and secure. It was not really a holiday time so we didn't have reservations and used one of the coupon books to get the rooms for $39 or 49 a night. I think the next exit is the one with the St. Augustine outlets. The outlets are nice but the surrounding motels are not nearly as nice as the ones at the World Golf Village. These would be about 2 - 2 1/2 hours away I think.

WE always stay at the Hampton Inn, Brunswick Ga. Easy on/off I-95. Clean, safe, walking distance to Cracker Barrel or Shoney's. About 4 hours or so from WDW..can stop in St Augustine for a look/see if your not in any hurry .

We stop in Kingsland, Ga. It's the last exit before you hit Florida. It's an easy 3 hour drive to WDW. We like to stop at the Florida welcome center for free OJ the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter