• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goodbye Walt Disney World Forever

illuminations25

Ohana means family
As of December 28th, I've been told that the entire Walt Disney World Forever CD Creation System has been closed throughout the WDW Resort. The kiosks at Imagination! closed sometime within the past 2 weeks I was told and I have seen pictures inside of Studio M at Downtown Disney and they too have been closed.

Alas, where to get park parade and attraction exclusive music now?

WDW Forever: Rest In Peace dear friend.

Well, You know, Disney used to release CDs with park exclusive music on it that included parade music. I never made my own CD, but I still have like 4 copies of ELP on various CDs.

I have the music to Unsuccessful Disneyland parades even. It would seem that not enough people are paying money for these CDs.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the question (wouldn't that be a shocker!), this music IS available on CDs.

While in WDW in 9/00, we bought the Millineum Celebration CD, which has the Illuminations and Tapestry of Nations music. We like it so much, we purchased another copy from Amazon about 3-4 months ago.

While in Disneyland in 8/01, we bought a Fantasmic CD, a Disneyland Resort CD, and a Walt Disney World CD. The Fantasmic CD has, of course, the Fantasmic music on it. The Disneyland and WDW CDs have music from various attractions, including The Parade of the Stars (DL), Believe fireworks (DL), and Fantasy in the Sky fireworks (WDW).

DW also purchased the Fantasmic CD from I think Mouseshoppe (?) for a friend.

I didn't know about the create a CD kiosks, but I'm guessing they either weren't used very much, or Disney felt they were cutting into sales of the above mentioned CDs.

PS- I just remembered the Fanstasmic CD also has Main Street Electrical Parade Music on it. Several other Disney CDs that we have also have this music, but in shortened versions. The Fantasmic CD seems to have the entire parade.

Hope this helps...

Try Morpheus (http://www.musiccity.com) or a Gnuetella client like Gnotella...I'm sure you'll be able to dig up many of the songs you are looking for and it's much cheaper to burn them to your own CD's.

Hey Johare, do you, like me, wear a Pirate Hat and Screem out Avast Ye Scurvvy dogs and Prepare to be boarded! whenever you appropriate copyrighted content?

I agree, check morpheus and places like that if you approved of Napster, if not, just do what Raidermatt said.

I even have a DL CD with the music to "Light Magic" the short lived "replacement" the the MSEP. I did like the WDW Foreever CDs, though. You could get just what you wanted.

I'm going to miss WDW Forever. When I was there last week, I thought it seemed they were phasing it out. It was missing many of the selections it use to. That's really too bad. It had some really unique tracks, too. It seems you just get the same tracks on the official tracks (how many versions of "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" do we need?)

Those kiosks contained many selections that were never available on the stock cd's. I'm glad I had quite a few discs burned on my last trip, but they were expensive($20 for 10 tracks), and kind of a pain in the neck to purchase(waiting for the cd's to burn, artwork printed). This encourages me to download material that I would happily have purchased even at the high price.

It was a great idea, but Disney seemed to not really care about it in the past year or so. It just sort of fell apart...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter