GoPro... or NoGo? That Is The Question!

GoPros are allowed, and Chest mounts are a pretty great way to go.

Non-extending hand grips (the "grenade" style grips around 6" or less in length) are OK. The selfie stick ban does not include those.
I'm pretty certain this also means the 6" floating bobber hand grips are OK, as they also don't extend and are basically thicker grenade grips.

I have one of those grips you mention for my Sony Action cam. I haven't been since the selfie-stick ban. I know those are "technically" allowed (non-extendable short grips), but has anyone had issues with untrained CMs? I know a friend was told by a CM he could not use that grip on a ride because it was a "stick". I bought a clamp to use just in case it's an issue because I need something to hold the camera with. Has anyone actually used one of those grips walking around since the selfie stick ban? Any issues?

What editing software do you use? I always just end up with a bunch of clips but never compile them.

Hi-- I use Adobe Premier Elements 12, it's great. I taught myself the editing, it's intuitive and the software has various levels of "help" and difficulty you can do. GoPro has their own free software but I haven't tried it. When you combine clips, edit out the junk, add some effects (speed up/slow mo), background music-- it becomes much more than just the clips and you get more out of your investment. Try it! :)

Going to Bora Bora in April 2016 and am strongly considering getting a Go Pro. Did you visit the lagoon with the sharks? Get any good shorts there with the Go Pro?

Yes we did a wonderful excursion there with the sharks and stingrays, then they take you out of the lagoon and into the ocean and you jump in the water with the 6' big guys! Super scary! We also visited one of Bora Bora's coral gardens on the same excursion, and then that afternoon went jet skiing around the island! This is the video I made from the day using the GoPro:
and pictures (which are a mix between the Sony RX100 M3 and the GoPro Hero 4 Silver): http://www.adashofluxury.com/moana-adventure-tours-review/. Bora Bora was AMAZING!! Truly the trip of a lifetime!

Hi-- I use Adobe Premier Elements 12, it's great. I taught myself the editing, it's intuitive and the software has various levels of "help" and difficulty you can do. GoPro has their own free software but I haven't tried it. When you combine clips, edit out the junk, add some effects (speed up/slow mo), background music-- it becomes much more than just the clips and you get more out of your investment. Try it! :)

The free software is great for getting high-quality screen grabs of your video (this is SUCH an amazing feature). You technically can just record video and take this little device with you everywhere and grab JPG'S from that! Then, there's also a feature to run the video through different presets I guess you would call it? The ProTune setting is great! Really makes the video look nice - auto color corrects, etc - very easy! I usually do that with the GoPro software and then export the (new) clips to iMovie (just because I find it easier for editing itself - adding music, etc), but the GoPro software is great for what I said above and you can definitely fully edit a video right on there!

Yes we did a wonderful excursion there with the sharks and stingrays, then they take you out of the lagoon and into the ocean and you jump in the water with the 6' big guys! Super scary! We also visited one of Bora Bora's coral gardens on the same excursion, and then that afternoon went jet skiing around the island! This is the video I made from the day using the GoPro:
and pictures (which are a mix between the Sony RX100 M3 and the GoPro Hero 4 Silver): http://www.adashofluxury.com/moana-adventure-tours-review/. Bora Bora was AMAZING!! Truly the trip of a lifetime!

WOW that seriously looks amazing. I CANNOT wait to go!!!

I have an older version of Elements that I bought for digital scrapbooking but never really got into it. Guess I need to get a new version and start making videos!! Thanks!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE my gopro. HATE HATE HATE it at Disney. After using it for two days, I just left it in the room. I got great footage on both cruises I have taken with it, but I feel like it is an "active" camera and most things at Disney are "passive."

Anyone ever do any live streaming of their trip? Using livestream (or meerkat or periscope) for example?

Yes we periscope a lot at the parks. Follow us on twitter and periscope at @PeasandCarrots3 for notification of our streams.

What editing software do you use? I always just end up with a bunch of clips but never compile them.
Gopro has free editing software that you can download off their site. There are also aftermarket for lack of a better term, video editing software available.

We just bought the Hero 4 Silver yesterday! We haven't had much time to experiment with it but we are so excited! For those of yall who have made videos of your trips, could you please post them? As well as route me to any threads with GoPro videos on the Dis? I've searched Disney GoPro on youtube but I feel like I'm not finding too many good ones and would love something new to watch as we plan our trip! Yay GoProNation!

We just bought the Hero 4 Silver yesterday! We haven't had much time to experiment with it but we are so excited! For those of yall who have made videos of your trips, could you please post them? As well as route me to any threads with GoPro videos on the Dis? I've searched Disney GoPro on youtube but I feel like I'm not finding too many good ones and would love something new to watch as we plan our trip! Yay GoProNation!

I won't post mine here, but if I can figure out a private message-- send me a note and I will send you a link to my video. Happy to share if it helps you plan your own video, inspires, and gets you excited for your trip! Congrats on your Hero 4 purchase!

Gopro has free editing software that you can download off their site. There are also aftermarket for lack of a better term, video editing software available.
Have you used the GoPro s/w? Is it a resource hog? I really need to buy a new computer so that I can edit easier; my laptop is ancient. Is it pretty intuitive?

Have you used the GoPro s/w? Is it a resource hog? I really need to buy a new computer so that I can edit easier; my laptop is ancient. Is it pretty intuitive?

I have it on my laptop. Its not too hard to use, and for the most part its pretty straight forward. I would not say it takes up to much space on my hard drive. Ive never had a problem with memory when using it, or having it drag or slow my laptop down and its about 3 years old.

Heres the link to take a look at it.

http://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/gopro-studio/GoPro-Studio.html#/start=1

Thanks; Ineed to check it out. We took ours skiing last year, and a friend edited it all for us--it's amazing! The image quality is superb. Now if I can just get him started on my Alaska video..... ;)

A GoPro is great for WDW! It's great for capturing your POV and recording the moments of your trip. I use a Sony NEX-5R/GoPro Hero3+ Silver combo for my trips. My YouTube playlist is in my sig below.

One bad thing about the GoPro is because of its small size, it's prone to have that "camera shake". I've started using a stabilizer and will be bringing it with me to WDW next week!

For those of yall who have made videos of your trips, could you please post them?

This is made with a Sony ActionCam but it is very similar to a GoPro (wide angle, great stabilization). Also in my signature is our YouTube channel with about 80 mostly Disney videos shot with the actioncam.

I have one of those grips you mention for my Sony Action cam. I haven't been since the selfie-stick ban. I know those are "technically" allowed (non-extendable short grips), but has anyone had issues with untrained CMs? I know a friend was told by a CM he could not use that grip on a ride because it was a "stick". I bought a clamp to use just in case it's an issue because I need something to hold the camera with. Has anyone actually used one of those grips walking around since the selfie stick ban? Any issues?

I just got back from using mine in the parks last week.

I used the GoPole Bobber. The only hiccups I had the entire trip were:

1) One bag checker at Epcot asked his supervisor to assess my handgrip. She gave it the OK. Every other bag checker during the week OK'd it. I tried to help by stating up front that it was a "non-extending hand grip".

2) They would not allow the hand grip (with wrist strap) to be out on RNR, which is completely understandable given the inversions. I used the hand grip on Space and Splash Mountain, and Summit Plummet, making sure CMs were visibly aware. I used a chest harness for Everest and 7DMT (since I had never ridden 7DMT and didn't know what to expect yet). Had I filmed BTMR, I would have also used the chest harness since you tend to slide around so much in those seats.

For those of yall who have made videos of your trips, could you please post them?

It takes a minute or two for the excitement to start....just wait for it. :)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter