Gotta Ask!

Piglet4me

Earning My Ears
Ok, Ok, I am reading the trip reports an and It's been many months since I last posted but I am having MAJOR Disney withdrawals and need advice.

Our AP's run out 6/26/04, and I am seriously thinking about surprising DH with a trip. Here is where the dilemma comes in:
Ok, Moms & dads who have been several times w/o the kids, : how did you do and how did the kids react?
Our girls ( ages 15 and 12 and 1/2) have been 3 times now. DH and I REALLY need a trip alone, but I am unsure, only because my mom & dad would have the girls for a few days, and the guilty factor comes in here......
Your advice/ experience would be much appreciated.
I can't stand to see these passes run out without using them, and we need a break!!!
Please advise.:confused:

Life is short - come on down! Nothing to feel guilty about.

Your kids will survive the few days and probably will look forward to "being on their own" with your mom and dad.

We'll be waiting for you.

i have four kids and they are 17,12,10,6, we went twice without them, they were alittle upset at first but we promised to bring them back some nice gifts when we got home and plus when we left we had a surprise underneath each of their beds for them. . Now my youngest said to me the other day we can go to disney and bring him something back. we take them everyother years Mommy and daddys need to get away once in awhile., to make them better parents. LOL.
Kim:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Thanks, guys!
I needed that!!

We are booked for June 21 - 25th.
The kiddos are staying with the grandparents. They were mad when we first told them, but, you were right, they will get over it.
Of course we will bring them something home, but DH and I are so loking forward to ( to quote my kids) " boring Epcot"!!
We can't wait!!
Thanks!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Good for you! I'm hoping to get in a solo trip for myself one of these days and not have to ride POC 5 times in a row, LOL. Not that I don't like it but, when DS decides he likes something he wants to do it over and over and over..................... Me, I just want to go to Epcot and stroll the countries and take it at my leisure. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter