Grad night snack rules

Reyan88mph

Earning My Ears
Sooo ok i was reading the rules for this years grad night and we can’t take any food such as candy ect but I haven’t found anything on chips so my question is can we bring chips in the park for grad night?

Sooo ok i was reading the rules for this years grad night and we can’t take any food such as candy ect but I haven’t found anything on chips so my question is can we bring chips in the park for grad night?
Do you have a link to the rules you were given? I found this (posted May 2023): https://disneylandtourguide.com/bes...chaperones-attending-grad-nite-at-disneyland/

"You can’t bring any outside food or water unlike regular guests. They will confiscate it at the grad nite entrance. You can bring an empty water bottle (not glass) to fill up in many places inside the parks. Or you can get free cups of water at quick service locations. And in years past they handed out free cans of Coke near Guardians of the Galaxy late in the evening. Your school chaperone will give you more details and guidelines as it gets closer to your event."

It certainly sounds like something that has been enforced for a while on Grad Nite.

I can definitively say that the previous rules for regular entry didn''t allow outside food but the unofficial policy was that it wasn't enforced unless someone was obvious about it. Before the official policy change, we brought canned sodas in a soft-sided cooler, coffee, McDonald's, chips, etc. without any fuss. I spilled a canned soda once (where Disneyland simply doesn't sell those) and a CM (looked like management) offered to clean it up immediately. I'd dropped outside food on HM while boarding, and a CM quickly tossed it back into our Doom Buggy.

Interesting! Is this because they don’t want teens trying to sneak in drugs or alcohol?
That's what I was thinking. Marijuana edibles in particular tend to look like normal snacks/candy if they are taken out of the original packaging and put in a Ziploc bag. Same for alcohol in water/beverage bottles. That's the only reason I can really think of...

That's what I was thinking. Marijuana edibles in particular tend to look like normal snacks/candy if they are taken out of the original packaging and put in a Ziploc bag. Same for alcohol in water/beverage bottles. That's the only reason I can really think of...
Correct. That is the reason why. Disney has a policy (at least 6 years) of no outside food/drink to be taken through the Grad Nite security to prevent any drugs or alcohol being taken in by students. Now, this year, oddly enough, there were a couple of chaperones who managed to get a few snack items approved by CMs as we were going through bag check. It was totally by accident, we had some cheese and crackers and a Reese's PB cup and the CM checking our bags, said it was fine even though we said they could throw it away. Now I don't know if it was because we were chaperones and not kids, or if they are now allowing prepackaged foods for everyone, but that was a change this year from previous but I wouldn't rely on it to be the same for nights going forward.

@Reyan88mph The Grad Nite coordinator at your school should have the rules of what you are allowed and not allowed to bring in. We received that information months ago.

It's sad that they should even need to do that, but alas....

Correct. That is the reason why. Disney has a policy (at least 6 years) of no outside food/drink to be taken through the Grad Nite security to prevent any drugs or alcohol being taken in by students. Now, this year, oddly enough, there were a couple of chaperones who managed to get a few snack items approved by CMs as we were going through bag check. It was totally by accident, we had some cheese and crackers and a Reese's PB cup and the CM checking our bags, said it was fine even though we said they could throw it away. Now I don't know if it was because we were chaperones and not kids, or if they are now allowing prepackaged foods for everyone, but that was a change this year from previous but I wouldn't rely on it to be the same for nights going forward.

@Reyan88mph The Grad Nite coordinator at your school should have the rules of what you are allowed and not allowed to bring in. We received that information months ago.

I remember my Grad Nite decades ago. It was four to a room and I didn't know two of my roommates, including one guy who offered me his flask. I don't think he tried to sneak that in to Disneyland though.

It was kind of epic though. Our trip was crazy where we checked into a motel, at Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland until morning, sleep at the motel for a few hours, and then finally Magic Mountain. Then a ride home for about 6 hours. And a bit of drama since we had chartered Greyhound buses and some of the drivers were threatening to walk out due to on-call time restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter