Grand CA is official

I just hope that they are either in the configuration that Villas at AK used. (5 in a one bedroom, 9 in a two bedroom). If they go with the 4 in a one bedroom, I hope they don't raise the DLH point requirements. I love DLH because we have 5 and fit perfectly there.

Here is the article from the OC Register:

ANAHEIM – Disney is planning to expand the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa, its high-end lodge in the Disneyland Resort, by adding about 250 units, including the first vacation-ownership villas, the company is expected to announce today.

The expanded hotel would grow by 2.5 acres, stretching south of the hotel that opened in 2001 alongside Downtown Disney and Disney's California Adventure theme park. The Grand Californian already has 745 rooms.

The first Disney Vacation Club units on the West Coast – 50 two-bedroom-equivalent villas – would be part of the new area. The club is a vacation-ownership program that includes other Disney locations and associated members.

"This expansion underscores our commitment to growing and investing in both the Disneyland Resort and the Anaheim Resort Area," said Ed Grier, Disneyland Resort president, in a prepared statement.

Contact the writer: 714-704-3793 or stully@ocregister.com

Did anyone read the comments on the site after this article? Someone asked if the villas were part of an "affordable housing project!" :lmao: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter