• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Super Thread

Not to burst your bubble but this was my Standard Concierge lvl view several years ago. I'm not showing what the view was straight out but lets just say that most of the green I saw from this room was the green pebbles on the roof. This pictures shows the best part:

DSC00384.jpg
Yikes! Thanks for posting. I booked premium view so I hope I get a decent one.

Can someone comment on the bedding configurations in the renovated GCH rooms?...
...I'd love a king with a twin sleeper chair and a day bed (listed currently as an option) but unsure if that is going away with renovation?
"1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair" is new, this configuration did not exist prior to the renovation.

Renovated rooms will have either 2 queen beds or 1 king bed and 1 twin-size sleeper chair (fold out sofa).
In addition, there will be either a day bed or love seat.

Love seat sofa does not fold out:
(sorry about the mess)
gch_loveseat.jpg

Daybed:
gch_daybed.jpg

I have a question that I'm not sure if it's been asked before but, what are the odds of having a verandah/patio with a standard room? This will be my DH and my first stay at the Grand and I would love one.

Thanks Nonsuch! I will be requesting a King with day bed and twin sized sleeper chair. That configuration is IDEAL for us, as DH and I get a king, and the kids sleep separately from each other. WOOT! Now, if we just get this...requests, requests... Maybe not too many people will request it since it is a new configuration.

I have a question that I'm not sure if it's been asked before but, what are the odds of having a verandah/patio with a standard room? This will be my DH and my first stay at the Grand and I would love one.
Nearly every room has a balcony, so I assume you want a first floor room with a patio.

There are 15 regular hotel rooms on the first floor, all in the DVC wing and all renovated.
3 face the pools (without direct pool access from the patio) and 12 face the Park (Goofy's Sky School), but are likely classified as Standard View (just my guess).

While 15 rooms out of 1000 is not very good odds, there might be few requests for "Ground Floor".

Ground floor rooms shown in RED:
gch_patio.jpg

Thanks Nonsuch! I will be requesting a King with day bed and twin sized sleeper chair. That configuration is IDEAL for us, as DH and I get a king, and the kids sleep separately from each other. WOOT! Now, if we just get this...requests, requests... Maybe not too many people will request it since it is a new configuration.
Pre-renovation only about 10% of the rooms had King beds, based on the few official numbers Disney has published (actually pre-DVC expansion). A CM said that the renovation will increase the number of King beds, so good luck :wizard:

Nearly every room has a balcony, so I assume you want a first floor room with a patio.

There are 15 regular hotel rooms on the first floor, all in the DVC wing and all renovated.
3 face the pools (without direct pool access from the patio) and 12 face the Park (Goofy's Sky School), but are likely classified as Standard View (just my guess).

While 15 rooms out of 1000 is not very good odds, there might be few requests for "Ground Floor".

Ground floor rooms shown in RED:
View attachment 241267

Thank you, Nonsuch!

I think a balcony would be wonderful that's what I meant by verandah, I couldn't think of balcony. We requested a king size bed when we made our reservation so maybe we'll get lucky with that. The closer we get to September that more excited I become. I really appreciate your help.

We normally request a room by the Napa Rose elevators. With the new security would we not be able to exit by those elevators but still be able to use them to enter the hotel? Trying to figure out if there is any advantage to being close to those elevators any more?

We normally request a room by the Napa Rose elevators. With the new security would we not be able to exit by those elevators but still be able to use them to enter the hotel? Trying to figure out if there is any advantage to being close to those elevators any more?
My understanding is that as a GCH guest you can still use all the entrances and exits you could before (except for that unmarked fire exit some people used to use). The difference is mainly for non-GCH guests, who can no longer enter through the front doors. I haven't been there since the security changes were made, but that's generally what I've been hearing.

Have I missed it...can we not use the fire exit near the X449 room anymore? for exiting to DTD and DL entrance?

Does the GCH have adjoining rooms?? We will be 2 families there for Dapper Week......

Thank You,

--Lori

Does the GCH have adjoining rooms?? We will be 2 families there for Dapper Week......

Thank You,

--Lori

I don't think I have ever stayed in a room that did NOT have an adjoining room available. I think it is standard for almost all rooms, just let them know that is what you need to they can accommodate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter