Grand Californian Super Thread

I agree about being far away from elevators. I like less foot traffic going by my room. We were actually on the far end of the DVC section in one of the hotel rooms at the very end of the hallway. Probably the farthest room from the park entrance so a lot of people would hate it but it was super quiet. I don't think I heard any other people our entire 7 nights. Didn't even hear people screaming on Goofy's Sky School (unless we opened our balcony door.)
We were on that side as well and really enjoyed it. We entered right by Goofy's Sky School (entrance brought us out next to Corn Dog Castle) twice and exited there as well after World of Color. It was nice to not have to walk all the way back to Grizzly River Run. Is that entrance/exit not open now? This was back in July.

We were on that side as well and really enjoyed it. We entered right by Goofy's Sky School (entrance brought us out next to Corn Dog Castle) twice and exited there as well after World of Color. It was nice to not have to walk all the way back to Grizzly River Run. Is that entrance/exit not open now? This was back in July.

As far as I know, it's still open. I was referring to the Disneyland entrance.

And at the time of our visit, we didn't know the newer DCA entrance was okay for Grand Cal people to use. But we're excited to use it next time!

@DizMe @EEva @Pluto468

I'm picturing the 4 of us at some future date sitting in little circle in the lobby of the Grand looking woebegone, passing around the very last mini bottle of shampoo or body wash with a teeny smidge in the bottom and taking little 'sniffs' of the remaining scent. As the tears well up in our eyes.........

@StormyCA
@DizMe
@EEva

Great news! I just read on 2 Disney blogs that the H2O products aren't disappearing forever! I know it's still been in some of the hotels but it seemed like just a matter of time until it was gone.

"Disney has acquired the rights to the formula for the H2O bath products and will continue to produce them under their own private-label Disney resorts brand."

@StormyCA
@DizMe
@EEva

Great news! I just read on 2 Disney blogs that the H2O products aren't disappearing forever! I know it's still been in some of the hotels but it seemed like just a matter of time until it was gone.

"Disney has acquired the rights to the formula for the H2O bath products and will continue to produce them under their own private-label Disney resorts brand."
Yahoo!! Thanks for this great news! I'm lying in bed at GCH right now, having just packed up to return home tomorrow. I have been enjoying the H2O products and am so happy they'll continue to be offered! You made my day!

Yahoo!! Thanks for this great news! I'm lying in bed at GCH right now, having just packed up to return home tomorrow. I have been enjoying the H2O products and am so happy they'll continue to be offered! You made my day!
I hope you had a great trip!

Anyone recently stayed Club level? Looking to stay possibly Club level in January, however currently reserved for Partial View. I stayed a long time ago when I was a late teen, and recently tried DLH's club level which was ok for a first time experience. The food offerings were meh. Is it cheaper to add on Club level on arrival, assuming it's available to add, or is it better to just book it?
Also, any recommendation on locations for partial view?
I've had Woods/courtyard (monorail view ) which I didn't like, and I've had Theme Park (back in 2005 ish) and DTD view. DTD view was my favorite, however theme park view was lovely as well.

This morning I couldn’t check-in to my stay starting this Saturday because a “glitch” has made my reservation appear CANCELLED on the app and website. 🥴

What products do they have and are they the little mini-bottles or is it the big pump bottles?

Any products being sold in the gift shops?

What products do they have and are they the little mini-bottles or is it the big pump bottles?

When we were there in July (at DLH) there was a small tube of the hand lotion and in the shower there were large ones of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel.

Yes, this is what they had this week as well.

The housekeeping staff was soooo nice!! We were in the room once when they came to clean and we asked if we could have extra creamer and coffee pods for the Keurig. One lady ran off and brought back a whole bagful in about 2 minutes!

Our room was wonderful. We had originally booked a standard room but switched to Woods/Courtyard when a deal came along. I did the mobile check-in for the first time, about 3-4 days before our trip. We decided to go to the front desk anyway on arrival (about 10 am) to see if we could find out where our room would be, but it wasn't ready. So we reiterated the request for a room close to elevators and preferably also close to the lobby. To our surprise, the CM said, "Oh! I found one and it's ready now!" It was an AWESOME room on the 4th floor (4022), a few doors down from the main elevators and directly fronting the lobby. Here are some pictures showing the main lobby elevators and where our room was from them:
20231211_075734.jpg20231211_074738.jpg

Did your reservation come back? How stressful!
It did! Today I needed to be transferred to Guest Services and they fixed it, and I learned this happens when you change your hotel, room type, or add a person to the reservation. Shouldn’t do that, but ok. Can you imagine the pandemonium if WDW’s system did that to reservations?! DL is so behind in some ways

Where are you in that picture at the table??
On the 3rd floor, there is a really cool lobby that is wonderful! It's directly over the front desk area (there's no 2nd floor below it so you're right above the lobby/registration desk). In the first pic you can see part of the 3rd floor lobby behind me and in the second, I'm standing in front of the balcony that looks down on the downstairs lobby.
20231209_144851.jpg1000003434.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter