• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian-tell me it's worth it

We loved GCH but we paid $229 a night with a special rate. My max would probably be $250 tbh. So if you're paying more than that (I'm assuming) , then I wouldn't do it.

We loved GCH but we paid $229 a night with a special rate. My max would probably be $250 tbh. So if you're paying more than that (I'm assuming) , then I wouldn't do it.

During that week, I think the rooms at GCH are like $500-$600/night - is that right OP? That does seem awfully steep! I just tried looking and it doesn't show any availability. OP do you already have a reservation?

In our opinion, YES! The question of worth is 100% subjective. It's different from every individual. We are NOT flush w/ extra cash (65K a year income w/ medical bills up the yang), but I have mobility issues and web have one child on the spectrum, the location is unbeatable and we found the resort worth every single hard-earned dime! We'll never stay anywhere else. the beauty of the resort is wonderful, but I wouldn't base it on that, ever. the beds were so damned comfortable and the location is simply unbeatable. Time is money in this life. If you want to spend more time in "transit" then you can consider other venues, we simply don't. The older we get, the less game we are for playing that game of saving a buck for time. We rented a studio villa for about $325 a night. Villas are MUCH better than regular rooms in our opinions which is why we always stay in them now. IN the end, it's up to your comfort w/ time going to and from the parks vs. $ spent. Location location location is the biggest and worthwhile sell.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter