Grand Californian Villas...Would you buy in so you could, well... buy in?

We're in Spokane as well!

I'm really excited about the possibility of GC DVC. I think lots of us west-coasters are, but not so many east-coasters. The bulk of DVC owners seems to be east-coasters, so not sure how many current owners would actually buy in. Depends in part when it's introduced, I'd say, since right now everyone's all excited about AKV and adding on there. But 50 units isn't very many, so who knows? I bet you didn't have too many answers right at first because it's totally impossible to predict how fast they'd sell out???

We've been debating about how important that 11 mo window would be too. We have never felt the need to plan ahead as far for DL as for WDW, and wonder if others are the same, and how that will affect things. I know the locals won't like the idea of having to reserve that far out. But then again with a small number of units... it's just so hard to say!

That said, if/when an announcement is made, we'll very likely do a small add-on. It's just a matter of how many points.

I guess I'd say if you're not into taking chances, and you're wanting points in Florida anyway, then go for it. But wait til when/if an announcement is made, just 'cuz you never know what they're going to do til they actually do it, kwim?

DH and I were talking about the possible GC DVC the other day. I was telling him about the AKV being sold now and he was wondering if I was interested. As much as I was drooling over the sketches on the DVC members website, I told him I was really holding off until DVC comes to DLR. We stayed at the GC in July 2005 and we :love: it!! If you are interested in buying at the GC if it should become available (and when we were at the DLR in Dec., 3 guides said it was not a matter of it, but when...), then you might want to talk to a guide to see what you need to do to get in!! Good luck! :thumbsup2

I'm anxiously awaiting the DL DVC announcement, and will add-on at GC when I can. If they open with only 50 units, it will be a quick sell-out, IMamateurO.

I disagree with the idea that non-members will get an equal shot at purchase when GC is announced. It is one of the selling points at DL to buy in now for the perks, INCLUDING advanced notice/sale of DVC opportunities.

I do think the point charts are out of line for DL if you compare amenities with WDW. However, the points are in line with rack rates.

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great responses!:grouphug:

Hi Mello (YEAH for Spokane!):banana:

It's a bit of a dilema, but I think we will go ahead and buy a small contract to start just to get in the game. Boy, that AKV sure is starting to call my name! Not sure if we should start with 100 points resale at SSR or 150 NEW points at AKV? Well, there's no hurry. We've got to sell our travel trailer first.

I do think that if indeed there's only 50 DVC units at the GC, the 11 month booking advantage will be a MUST.

We could buy 100 or 150 points to start now, and then buy a 100 point add-on at GCV!:woohoo:

My only concern with GCV in DL is that hotels in Anaheim around DL are so cheap compartively. I've stayed there for $55 a night within 2 blocks. Will the cost be worth it?

I understand the same is true at WDW to some extent, but not at $55/night.

There really is no comparison between the GC and the other Anaheim hotels. The GC is just so beautiful and elegant while the others are just...hotels. The GC also has a direct entrance into DCA and the front gate of DL is maybe a five minute walk. I know at the end of the day when I'm really tired the last thing I want to do is walk two blocks or wait for a bus. YMMV.

As much as I love it the GC is to expensive for me to stay there very often. I was thinking of taking my friend in April for her birthday and for two days standard view it's over $1000.00 rack rate . Of course, I could get an AP discount but last time I checked it was only 10%. :sad2:

YES! I just passed ROFR on a small (30 pt) contract at OKW. We will be using it for our November 2008 stay in WDW (banking & borrowing to bring us to 90 pts), but the main reason I got it was to get my foot in the door, so to speak. OK, Disney- I'm REALLY ready for the GCV now!:mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter