Grand Gathering for July 4th, 2008

I'm going to try to fabricate some air guns (well tubes with compressed air running to them) to blow out candy during the parade I can attach them to the cart and have them shoot straight up:thumbsup2

Look up how to make marshmallow guns and see if you can use the same principle to shoot out candy.

This sounds fun....but I don't know if we could get down there for the 4th. If we did all we would be able to do is go camping, no parks, no nothing but honestly that would be fine with me!

We ain't leaving the Fort either...except for maybe a booze, I mean adult beverage run.:thumbsup2

Heck, 9 times out of 10 we just stay in the Fort. Could not afford to go at all if I had to go to the parks each time. :scared1:

I'm going to try to fabricate some air guns (well tubes with compressed air running to them) to blow out candy during the parade I can attach them to the cart and have them shoot straight up

Great idea! Maybe I can mount a Keg on mine and shoot out Beer! Well, at least what I am not drinking anyway. :worship: I think my cart runs on beer anyway.

OK, I have a solo trip coming up. I've been trying to get April 4-6, but so far, no luck. There are still tent sites available for the July 4th weekend, and I would love to come down and join you all, but would it be nuts to tent camp in July????!

:confused3

in a word, i'd say yes
your mileage may vary

not at all...... the more the merrier. however, last july 4th weekend, it rained every afternoon hard and it wasn't all that much fun weatherwise, as it was hot as well.

I know people tent camp, and that's the real camping, but I shake my head when I'm at the Fort and it's 90 degrees and about to rain and I see the poor people in those tents. i don't know how they do it.

not at all...... the more the merrier. however, last july 4th weekend, it rained every afternoon hard and it wasn't all that much fun weatherwise, as it was hot as well.

I know people tent camp, and that's the real camping, but I shake my head when I'm at the Fort and it's 90 degrees and about to rain and I see the poor people in those tents. i don't know how they do it.

Ok. Thanks for making me feel better :hug:

Im bringing an airconditioner in May. either a $96 window unit from walmart, or a $400 portable...it depends on if I rip the carpet out of my den and lay down the laminate flooring today for the ol'lady....I really like the idea of a portable one. Guess I should start working on that carpet, huh?

Im bringing an airconditioner in May. either a $96 window unit from walmart, or a $400 portable...it depends on if I rip the carpet out of my den and lay down the laminate flooring today for the ol'lady....I really like the idea of a portable one. Guess I should start working on that carpet, huh?

When you're done, you can come over and change out my den carpet! Who was the genius who thought beige carpet was a good idea?

If you can take the heat in July in Florida you can take anything ! Been one time in July and it's still plastered in my mind. :sunny:

August hot too, but once you live here its not that bad, try being a roofer in July/Aug in Ft Lauderdale LOL I know a couple of guys down here that are, they look like raisins

August hot too, but once you live here its not that bad, try being a roofer in July/Aug in Ft Lauderdale LOL I know a couple of guys down here that are, they look like raisins

Yikes! I think I could take the heat, but I am a very fair skinned red-head with bunches of freckles. I burn like a biscuit on broil! I'd never make it as a roofer!

OK, I have a solo trip coming up. I've been trying to get April 4-6, but so far, no luck. There are still tent sites available for the July 4th weekend, and I would love to come down and join you all, but would it be nuts to tent camp in July????! :confused3

P Pixie, did you book that 4th of July? If you think there's a chance you might go, you should make the reservation. Or you could always tag along with someone who's already going, pitch a tent on their site and bring a dryer duct to direct some of their A/C into your tent (you might be a redneck...). That's a tough choice, the weather will be better in April but the parks will close earlier. Parks are open later in July and you can have alone time but also have people you know to eat out with or go on rides with if you want to. We've tent camped in summer at FW and survived to tell about it.

I'm going to try to fabricate some air guns (well tubes with compressed air running to them) to blow out candy during the parade I can attach them to the cart and have them shoot straight up:thumbsup2

That sounds like fun!! I want to go!

Well, think of it this way...

As long as it is 45 carts and not 45 pets, I am fine with that. Maybe we can use some spare parts from about 5 of them to put a lift kit and some knobby tires on the Auburn/Musket Mickey mobile!;)

:rotfl2: hey, we could make a new show called extreme makeover golf cart edition. Since everyone will be there 4th of July and tungpo1 will have so many carts, we could highjack some wimpy cart and trick it out over night.:lmao:

:rotfl2: hey, we could make a new show called extreme makeover golf cart edition. Since everyone will be there 4th of July and tungpo1 will have so many carts, we could highjack some wimpy cart and trick it out over night.:lmao:

I've got a plain Club Car (electric) that could use all the fixins so please come hijack mine. I won't press charges lol.:lmao:

P Pixie, did you book that 4th of July? If you think there's a chance you might go, you should make the reservation. Or you could always tag along with someone who's already going, pitch a tent on their site and bring a dryer duct to direct some of their A/C into your tent (you might be a redneck...). That's a tough choice, the weather will be better in April but the parks will close earlier. Parks are open later in July and you can have alone time but also have people you know to eat out with or go on rides with if you want to. We've tent camped in summer at FW and survived to tell about it.

That sounds like fun!! I want to go!

I haven't yet. I check periodically and there are tent sites still available. I flip flop so darn much I really should just make a freakin' choice :goodvibes

Good Idea about the dryer duct! Who wants to share some air with me? :rotfl:

Ive got some air to share...but ya aint gonna 'preciate it!!! (jeeeez...I AM still 10 years old)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter