Grand Gatherings & more! 1 year of Disney Dining! Illuminations Grand Gathering 5/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUCH!!!! Poor Sidney!!!!!! I hate to get sunburnt!!!

Yummmm, that river walk grille looks so good!!! I really want to go visit the Boardwalk!!

I have missed you girl!!:goodvibes

I've been busy with school over here and remodeling the house. We're almost done. I'll share pictures then. Now I need to get back to this and finish it up!

Coming soon!

Aww. That's sweet. Well here I am. Lots more to come. I'll cover the fight...just for you, when the time comes! What fight??" Do tell, please and thank you!!

:rolleyes1 I plead the fifth. I had fun this weekend! We could have had a LOT more if I'd looked at those damn emails. Grrr! :headache: I'm an idiot! If I could kick my own butt I would. I'm going to go do those pics here in a few. Do you care if I share our weekend here? I LOVE the pics of your mom and dad. Of course the one we did with Brian can't be posted on the Dis. :rotfl2:
You SHOULD plead the 5th or better yet you should wallow in your guilt. :laughing: j/k I had a ton of fun this weekend too and am glad I got to see you all. I don't mind you posting the pics but you know the ONE I don't want you to post...can't be having all my goods available for everyone to see...haha That sounds much worse than the picture itself. :eek: You should post the one of Brian though. Then again...maybe not.

Great Update Tammy :thumbsup2 Wow Sidney did get quite the sunburn didn't he , poor guy :( I can bet he will never go without sunscreen again ! LOL Cute pictures of the Boardwalk and Disney Quest . Big River Grille's food looks so yummy and that chocolate cake looks like it's to die for !

Can't wait to read your next review !

Aww. That's sweet. Well here I am. Lots more to come. I'll cover the fight...just for you, when the time comes!

Yayyyy!!!! :banana::banana::banana: A Tammy TR fix - can't wait. You always have the best adventures. thanks

Ahhh I always end up getting hurt in that silly boat ride in DisneyQuest, but it does make me laugh :laughing:. I'm glad to see someone review the Big River Grille. We went to the one in Chattanooga and really enjoyed it, and I fancied trying the one in Disney but haven't really heard much about it. I will have to fit in a visit there some time in the year I am there :rolleyes1

Hi Tammy!! I'm so glad you went to Big River Grille & Brewing Works because I'm thinking about switching our Mama Melrose ADR to there. Your review just clarified my decision! Thank you!!!

I am now hungry for something sweet after seeing that cheescake! YUM!

I could do in the chocolate one right about now! :goodvibes

OUCH!!!! Poor Sidney!!!!!! I hate to get sunburnt!!!

Yummmm, that river walk grille looks so good!!! I really want to go visit the Boardwalk!!

I have missed you girl!!:goodvibes

They live and learn...:rolleyes1

We will def hit up the Boardwalk! We'll go see all the decorations. K?

You SHOULD plead the 5th or better yet you should wallow in your guilt. :laughing: j/k I had a ton of fun this weekend too and am glad I got to see you all. I don't mind you posting the pics but you know the ONE I don't want you to post...can't be having all my goods available for everyone to see...haha That sounds much worse than the picture itself. :eek: You should post the one of Brian though. Then again...maybe not.

Oh my gosh....I need to do that!!! Of course I went to this party everyone and got sick a few days later! Aghhhhh! Thanks T. (Kidding) Anyway it put me out for a while and then we started a new school but I am back now and ready to finish up! Yes! Those pics I will add shortly! For real. Doing it now!

Great Update Tammy :thumbsup2 Wow Sidney did get quite the sunburn didn't he , poor guy :( I can bet he will never go without sunscreen again ! LOL Cute pictures of the Boardwalk and Disney Quest . Big River Grille's food looks so yummy and that chocolate cake looks like it's to die for !

Can't wait to read your next review !

Thanks!

I bet he wont either! :rotfl:

BRG is very very good! You have to try it sometime!

Aww. That's sweet. Well here I am. Lots more to come. I'll cover the fight...just for you, when the time comes!

Yayyyy!!!! :banana::banana::banana: A Tammy TR fix - can't wait. You always have the best adventures. thanks

Thanks girl! I'm updating in a minute!

Ahhh I always end up getting hurt in that silly boat ride in DisneyQuest, but it does make me laugh :laughing:. I'm glad to see someone review the Big River Grille. We went to the one in Chattanooga and really enjoyed it, and I fancied trying the one in Disney but haven't really heard much about it. I will have to fit in a visit there some time in the year I am there :rolleyes1

It is a rough one! Fun though! We really enjoyed ourmeal there. Very simple place but very good food and great service! I'm craving salmon right now! YUM!

Nice pictures of all that food and your children are gorgeous. Thanks!

Thank you so much. :goodvibes Stik with me. Much more to come!

Hi Tammy!! I'm so glad you went to Big River Grille & Brewing Works because I'm thinking about switching our Mama Melrose ADR to there. Your review just clarified my decision! Thank you!!!

Oh it's definitely better than MM! For sure. I love the MM rest but the food was just okay. I can't make Sidney eat there again. He wants nothing to do w/ it!

As I was saying in the last post...I was out most of last week. Caught an awful cold, ick. The we started a new program for school this week and I'm still getting all of that together. So far its going great! I'm finally getting back on track. I'm not just ignoring Dis. I'm ignoring everyone other than my kiddos and I apologize for that. (Tell them Tiana....its true isn't it!?)

So...anyway. I have some new pictures if I can find them. I came across my current favorite picture of myself. Ya'll wanna see? I thought it was kind of funny.

100_0399-1.jpg

I just went to load in the pics from Tiana's party but they disappeared. I get it. It's all good. We do things like that sometimes. Not a problem. Uploading them again. It'll only take a second.

TeeKee (aka Tiana) is one of my best friends. We've known one another since we were really bad girls and have stayed in touch through motherhood, boys, and all that good stuff. Our daughters are now the best of friends and our two youngest already made plans to marry at Disney. Todd and Tiana can pay for that one! :laughing: Did you guys see on the SAM'S club website where they are selling a wedding package!? It's almost $200,000. :eek: WOW!

Anyway, Tiana and I have not been to FL together since the early 90's. She knows the date. I forget. She and I went down years ago to south Florida (way down in the Everglades) to this Pow Wow Rodeo Festival. This thing was so cool! The Indians there lived in teepees and had the long braids. They were gorgeous! I would LOVE to go again some day! The main reason we went was to see Joe Nichols. The country music star. He wasn't so much a star back then but he had that "Wal-Mart" song out on the radio and when I saw him in the video I thought he was hot. (Which sparked the trip!) He was only 19 at the time and so darn cute! Not so much now. We did other stuff too...stayed at the Omni, went shopping, went to Universal Studios and got drunk with our Hard Rock friends. Point is ~ THIS IS OUR FIRST TRIP BACK TOGETHER SINCE THEN!!!!! We are gonna have some F U N! Oh yeah! GOT MYSELF A FLASK YESTERDAY! :laughing: I guess that's how you spell it.

We leave in:

I don't really have a PTR or TR going on right now so I figured I'd add in some of our recent pictures right here. Hope you guys don't mind. There are 12 of us in all.

Me and T

00000.jpg

Me and my honey pot Sidney

00017-1.jpg

T's honey pot Todd

00012.jpg

See the smiley guy in the back? That's Brian. T's brother. Of course that's my Sidney in the foreground. <3

000005.jpg

And another of the boys...

00011.jpg

T's mama!

00013.jpg

And T's daddy!

000003.jpg

Of course our 5 kiddos are coming too but I decided from here on out no more pics of them go on here. Ya I know...why now? I watch too much Nancy Grace. So no more of them!

So friends, stalkers, and Disney lovers...that's where I've been and what I'm up to now! We're all caught up! Now back to my delicious food report...

If those pictures appear montrous right now they wont for long. I resized them. LOL Sorry about that. Wont happen again. Not in the next 10 minutes anyway. :rotfl:

This is a qucikie update! Ya ready!? I don't remember what all we did this day. Didn't kee notes on this trip and well, its been a few weeks now. Just call me DORY! Enough said.

Earlier in the day we had some counter service at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Same ol' thing like always...

Paw Print Brownie ~

8265.jpg

Some Watermelon ~

8266.jpg

Zebra Domes ~

8269.jpg

+ the fried shrimp, chicken tenders, etc. All GREAT as usual.

8264.jpg

For dinner we went to O'Hana. Another joint I have seen come increasingly popular as of lately. Amazingly enough Tiana scored an ADR there for December for all 12 of us!? WTH? I tried to get one for just my 5 and finally gave up. Who cares. We'll be eating there again this time! Yay!

Since we eat here a lot I didn't take many pictures. I will next time. I rarely used the D300 on this trip. Not sure why. I guess because its such a big hugemongus camera and such a pain to get in and out...plus I'm constantly worried something will spill or fall on the stupid thing. It cost as much as a small car so I try to be careful. Okay, maybe I DO know WHY. Hmm. Anyway, here are the few pics I did take at O'Hana!

Mmmmm meat!

82622.jpg

Mmmmmm the sauces are delish!

82616.jpg

The bread

82610.jpg

Where they cook the meat

82611.jpg

82613.jpg

Bread Pudding....Ahhh.

82620.jpg

Sidney likes it!

82619.jpg

The kids late night snack from Pops food court...

826.jpg

8262.jpg

And that is it for the days food intake! I happened to notice somewhere we went too!

8263.jpg

You all know what ride that is right!? ;)

Next up ALL NEW STUFF!!!! The GRAND GATHERING ~ Oh yeah! Here it comes. Get ready folks!

Love all the dining reviews Tammy! So this trip with your friend - is it in December? If so - yay that that trip is back on!

(The picture of you and Sydney in the above post is still big)

Love all the dining reviews Tammy! So this trip with your friend - is it in December? If so - yay that that trip is back on!

(The picture of you and Sydney in the above post is still big)

They'll prob stay big for a while.

Yep! We're going in December! We took 3 days off our trip but we'll have plenty of time I'm sure!

I plan to read TR's all night 'til I fall asleep. Trying my best to catch up. I am so far behind.

August 27th, 2009 ~ Part 1

What a fun day this was! We entered the Animal Kingdom before they opened. We had an 8:30 ADR at Tusker House. We normally love this place and eat here on every visit but I have to say...this time was not so great. It was good, but not like it has been in the past.

The AK is so peaceful in the early morning. I love it!

Aug27114.jpg

Aug27117.jpg

Aug27118.jpg

Aug2727.jpg

Aug2728.jpg

Aug2729.jpg

Aug2730.jpg

Aug2731.jpg

Aug2735.jpg

Aug27.jpg

We arrived at TH right around 8:30. Usually with an ADR that early you walk right in but this time we waited about 25 minutes. We didn't mind. It was a beautiful morning and the kids were having fun watching the creatures play out in the woods.

I was a little disappointed in the food this time around and I wont even disgust you all with server details. We had a terrible server last time. Again, a first for Tusker House. This place usually gets an A+ from my group but this time breakfast got a B-. Still not bad but not as good as usual.

The only pictures I took inside are those of my kids with the characters. I have tons of food pics coming up from lunch and dinner though! The Grand Gathering is tonight! You'll want to see that one for sure! Seeing that I've been an absentee here lately I want to go ahead and out this up. Tomorrow I will add lunch, the rest of our day at AK, and of course the Grand Gathering!!! Until next time....

As I was saying in the last post...I was out most of last week. Caught an awful cold, ick. Then we started a new program for school this week and I'm still getting all of that together. So far its going great! I'm finally getting back on track. I'm not just ignoring Dis. I'm ignoring everyone other than my kiddos and I apologize for that. (Tell them Tiana....its true isn't it!?) She was ignoring EVERYONE and was super sick. Poor thing! Glad she is better!:thumbsup2

So...anyway. I have some new pictures if I can find them. I came across my current favorite picture of myself. Ya'll wanna see? I thought it was kind of funny.

I just went to load in the pics from Tiana's party but they disappeared. I get it. It's all good. We do things like that sometimes. Not a problem. Uploading them again. It'll only take a second.

TeeKee (aka Tiana) is one of my best friends. We've known one another since we were really bad girls and have stayed in touch through motherhood, boys, and all that good stuff. Our daughters are now the best of friends and our two youngest already made plans to marry at Disney. Todd and Tiana can pay for that one! :laughing: Did you guys see on the SAM'S club website where they are selling a wedding package!? It's almost $200,000. :eek: WOW! You are a funny, funny girl Mrs. Thing!:rotfl: However, I guess it is customary for the bride's folks to pay right? I wouldn't know.:confused3 :rotfl2:

Anyway, Tiana and I have not been to FL together since the early 90's. She knows the date. I forget. She and I went down years ago to south Florida (way down in the Everglades) to this Pow Wow Rodeo Festival. This thing was so cool! The Indians there lived in teepees and had the long braids. They were gorgeous! I would LOVE to go again some day! The main reason we went was to see Joe Nichols. The country music star. He wasn;t so much a star back then but he had that "Wal-Mart" song out on the radio and when I saw him in the video I thought he was hot. (Which sparked the trip!) He was only 19 at the time and so darn cute! Not so much now. We did other stuff too...stayed at the Omni, went shopping, went to Universal Studios and got drunk with our Hard Rock friends. Point is ~ THIS IS OUR FIRST TRIP BACK TOGETHER SINCE THEN!!!!! We are gonna have some F U N! Oh yeah! GOT MYSELF A FLASK YESTERDAY! :laughing: I guess that's how you spell it. Woo Hoo! Remind me to bring mine too.

We leave in:

:banana::cool1::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay:

I don't really have a PTR or TR going on right now so I figured I'd add in some of our recent pictures right here. Hope you guys don't mind. There are 12 of us in all.

Of course our 5 kiddos are coming too but I decided from here on out no more pics of them go on here. Ya I know...why now? I watch too much Nancy Grace. So no more of them!

So friends, stalkers, and Disney lovers...that's where I've been and what I'm up to now! We're all caught up! Now back to my delicious food report...

FYI, I'm laughing hysterically just thinking about that past trip. I am super excited about this trip as you know! This will definately be a trip to remember!!

Tammy, I am LOVING all of your pictures. I can't wait to eat at Ohana and AK looks so beautiful in the pictures you took!

:rotfl: you are too funny Tammy ! Love all the new pictures ! Nancy Grace is going to your head too , I always say I'll be the mom walking my kids to there classroom clear up through High School , u have to be so careful nowadays. The Fried Shrimp from the Mara looked super yummy . Dinner at Ohana looked delicious as usual . Great pictures of an empty AK in the morning . Can't wait to read about your GG .popcorn::popcorn::

Yeah, an update! Glad you are feeling better! Can't wait for the grand gathering. Sounds interesting.

We leave in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, I'm laughing hysterically just thinking about that past trip. I am super excited about this trip as you know! This will definately be a trip to remember!!

Tammy, I am LOVING all of your pictures. I can't wait to eat at Ohana and AK looks so beautiful in the pictures you took!

I'm also excited about the big meal. We'll have us a Lapu Lapu too! :woohoo:I wish I had ~ OMG wait a minute!!!! I DO have video from that trip. I have to find it! OMGosh!

Yummy pics
Who is Nancy Grace?

Thanks Jen. Nanvy Grace is on CNN Headline News. She has a show and she pretty much sticks to helping missing kids and crime victims. I LOVE that woman. She is so much like me its unreal. I wish she were our President! :goodvibes

:rotfl: you are too funny Tammy ! Love all the new pictures ! Nancy Grace is going to your head too , I always say I'll be the mom walking my kids to there classroom clear up through High School , u have to be so careful nowadays. The Fried Shrimp from the Mara looked super yummy . Dinner at Ohana looked delicious as usual . Great pictures of an empty AK in the morning . Can't wait to read about your GG .popcorn::popcorn::

I love Ms Nancy! She and I see eye to eye. I would love to have coffee with her one day and discuss how the death penalty really should operate. Punishment in this country never fits the crime and it's long overdue that it does once again.

You think you're bad walking them to HIGH School!? I chose to teach mine here at home to avoid school all together. You never know who waits there lurking after our kids. You saw the news last week where the 15 year old psychopath girl killed the little 9 year old right? You never know....

O'Hana ~ yum! That sounds so good right now! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter