Great Deal....$29/night At 4 Hotels....plus Lots Of Freebees

Thanks for the link!

I stayed at the Comfort Inn LBV on Palm Parkway a couple of years ago. It was an OK motel for a night or two, but I wouldn't want to stay there any longer! I think I also paid about $29.

Robinb--I am wondering if this has been planted by a motel staffer. There are several references to this great deal by a person who just registered today.

The comfort inn does NOT have free breakfast. If you book on the choice hotels website it specifically says that along with the info for each room rate.

Hi,

As one of the emails refeed my mail as it has been plannted...............but that's not true. I am just another person looking for a good place to stay at economical cost. And sice I have been redaing messaged on this board from past 4-5 days and have been getting a lot of info, I thought of giving some input that might be of interedt and use to anyone out there. That's all my interest is...............nothing personal.

Robin, You mentioned you did not find it very great. Was it not a clean and neat place to stay or was there something else. Any more info would be use ful as I have made reservation at QWestgate Time share resort as well and I am getting a very good ther: $170(after big negotiation) for 4 night stay and 2 Tics to Disney and local coupons. But the only thing that i don't like is to attend their hard sell presentaion which runs for 90 min. Since we want to be economical on the budget, I booked this one and then found this $29 deal. $199 deal is not bad even if we have to attent the presentation. So if I can knpow a lil more abt the Comfort Inn atLBV it will help me choose

Thank a lot!!

Rita,

I apologize. It's just that on another board Robin and I frequent, we saw what may have been a planted message from a hotel staffer. Welcome to the boards.

Rod

Rod,
I thought that too at first, but then I saw her other posts and figured she was on the up-and-up :). And hey ... the plant on the other board turned out OK for me!

ritu_card,
I found the Comfort Inn to be worn and run down and our room overlooked I-4 and had inadequate sound-proofing. Best of all, there were hairs in the bathroom that did not match mine or my husband's head. The front desk had posted rules for every little thing. They had obviously been burned by previous guests and added each problem to a very long list of possible infractions and charges. I did not feel trusted, even though the staff was fairly friendly. I was there probably 3-4 years ago, so the place may have improved.

It sounds like you have a great deal at Westgate. Be aware that their sales pitch is extremely high pressure. They are literally sharks. We spent over 3 hours at our "90 minute" sales presentation and anyone who knows me knows that I am no push-over. I would estimate the last 30 minutes were spent actively trying to leave. If you have any problems saying "no" or if you feel you need to make the salesperson happy, run away from the deal! It's just not worth it. If you choose to go ahead with Westgate the best way to handle timeshare sales staff is to verify the length of the presentation with them when you meet them and tell them that's the only time they have. Make sure they keep on schedule and try not to converse with them or ask questions since that takes up time. If it's a "breakfast meeting", they start talking to you while you are eating :(.

If you're still looking for a bargain you can always try Priceline. Both StlRod and I have used Priceline quite a bit. More info on PL can be found at www.biddingfortravel.com . You should be able to score a 3* hotel for somewhere between $28 and $35 in the WDW area, but you must know how to bid!

Robinb, Thanks a lot........I really appreciate the effort you put in to answer my Q.
I will definately check ot Priceline. Have bought air tic from them before but have never tried a hotel deal. Is it simple to bid................is it any diff than buying air tics.

Thanks

Ritu

Also the same deal is offered by the foll hotels as well. Would you or anyone else have any info regarding them.

Quality Inn Plaza (on International Drive in Orlando)

Quality Inn International (on International Drive in Orlando)

Rodeway Inn (on International Drive in Orlando)

Thanks,
Ritu

Is it simple to bid................is it any diff than buying air tics.
Yes, it is very simple to bid. But it's a little harder to bid well! There are tricks to bidding on Priceline for both airfare and hotels that are covered on the biddingfortravel website. Check out the Hotels FAQ and the Orlando board which lists recent winning bids. The site likes to create an "informed" Priceline bidder who gets the absolutely best deal possible :D.

rita....

i too posted the info about this deal ...when i got the smarterliving email yesterday morning....and funny thing as i posted it ....i thought to my self someone is going to think this is a "plant" but since i have a lot of responses on the board decided i did not have to worry about that...

now for your question about the others...

in that url you posted ...there is a link to "rosen" hotels.....seems this rosen chain ( which looks good by the way ) must have purchased this other chain of 4 hotels since they were listed last year in the AAA florida vacation guide as being at tamarinns.com...from there you can see all the four hotels since they have links to the websites from the Rosen website...

the quality of the other rosen hotels looks superb....so i do not think they would want to associate with "poor quality"

we will find out as we booked the one night we needed for the 1st.....

another note, when you book on the net they do not charge your card just use it for "reference".....but the internet rate for the package is better than if you book with the hotel directly......package shows as 33.24 (29.95 + 11 % tax).....but the hotel directly adds an occupancy tax ...at the comfort it is 2.50 a night which i do no intend paying since we booked the package at the 33.24 rate....

it seems this additional cost might have been for phone/safe charges.....according to last years AAA vacation guide...

we will push them to honour the internet rate....

Thanks lawgs.

I think so too.........the quality of Rosen gruop looks great..............so hoping some thing same for the other hotels as well. I think I am gonna give them a call and book one of them. We are staying in Orlando for 4 nights. Where are you planning to stay?? Would you have info on which one is the best of four hotels(where the special is valid).

Thanks again.

we are staying at the Comfort Inn since it is closer to disney ....just a stone throw from the crossroads entrance to .....downtown disney

the room we have gotten was a semi suite.....with refrigerator and microwave

it would all depend upon where you are going to do most of your "activities"

comfort is the only one that has the "free shuttle" to disney if that interests you....

the buffets look like a good deal since they give you a voucher for 2 for 1 (dinner) at check in...

you should book it on the net ......if you are thinking about doing it....since the package price is "cheaper" than what the hotel quotes...(due to the occupancy thingy)

we did call to confirm our reservation confirmation.....we got one when we booked and another was emailed to us this morning. directly from the motel ( a different number) but definately linked to our online booking...we just wanted to verify the rate we would be charged....she told us it was 33.24 in the computer there....but i will make sure to take a screen print out with me .....just as a back up

the quality inn at 9000 looks a bit better than the one off of sand lake road.....just my opinion.....this quality is right across the street from the Pointe Orlando plaze....

we thought we might take advantage of one of the 2 for 1 dinner shows while we are there......perhaps .....the pirates one....or the seaworld luau

by the way, the url

www.tamarinns.com

place you at a website showing the four hotels....but at the bottom there is a "rosen chain thingy".....

just assuming they have been taken over by that chain or have always been in the chain....not directly linked to rosen like they are now...

Thanks for the info! We are staying at the Comfort Inn LBV for two nights at the beginning of our stay in January, at the $29 rate. I wanted to try to save money the first couple nights before we head to the Polynesian (and break the bank) for 4 nights... This helps us out alot!

Lawgs,

Do you own timeshare in Westgate? Or have you every stayed at their resorts or have attended their Tour or Presentaion?

we own at orange lake but did not buy from the presentation.....we went to most of the timeshares that were offering back when we first purchased......we went through westgate .....but in comparison to orange lake back then we liked the idea of "one level" which orange lake was at that time...they have since built high rises too....

we found that westgate just kept on trying to get you to "buy" ....seems we were given 4 offers before we finally w_escaped_tgate....

you can always get resales cheaper than the "developer's" offer...so if the resort was to your liking after you did the tour....you could look into resales .....

we have DVC too which we use exclusively for disney "things"

if you own a timeshare in orlando .....they used to say you could not trade back into orlando....but recently with rci .....there have been a number of resorts that allow it...

westgate is with the other exchange company ....interval international.... so we have not ever exchanged into them

HI everyone! I am a new poster who was directed here from the fodors.com site. I noticed that you seem a little paranoid about "planted" posts, so right off I wanted to say this is not one. I thought you might like some feedback on this Rosen hotel deal. I received it in an email bulletin from a travel site I frequent and thought it seemed to be a really good deal. We live in florida on the east coast and have annual passes so we go to Disney every couple of weeks. We stayed at the Comfort Inn at Lake Buena Vista last weekend on friday and saturday night. We thought it was a good deal, as we are used to triple that for a night. The hotel was adequate. Nothing really special, but clean and well maintained. The discount book you receive is great. We went to the Masters of Magic show and saved $30 with the buy one get one free. (The show wasn't all the great however.) It is nice being so close to disney for an off site hotel. The hotel also runs a shuttle to the nearby designer outlet center, which can be a blessing since parking there is horrible. A word of warning though, this hotel does not furnish shampoo/conditioner/ any other toiletry except soap. Also the rooms have no hairdryers and to get one from the front you must provide a $15 deposit. I was a little shocked at this because I have gotten in the habit of leaving my hairdryer at home for lighter packing as most hotels these days provide them.

We stayed there the first nite in town since we arrived late. Not impressed at ALL!!!
I agree that the rooms were dingy and bath was not adequate. Also the highway traffic was like it was going down the middle of the room. Would definitely not stay there for the entire vacation. The one nite was bearable because we were so tired we just passed out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter