great new years show - a few comments on the medical segment

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
i just listened to the new years show - a bit delayed, as i spent my new years in the hospital being cut open by a very brilliant surgeon...
all is well now and i'm better than new..

in any case, regarding the medical segment...

the comment about calling the front desk if you're in a disney resort is excellent advice..

we did that - asked them to call a visiting doctor for us - which they did...

this happened on 3 different occasions...

all three times the doctors who came to our room (once at the GF, once at Old Key West, once at the Yacht Club) were excellent doctors.

we decided to have a house call in our room rather than going to centra care since we didn't want to expose ourselves to all the germs in the waiting room there...
plus whoever was sick, was really too sick to drag from the room to see a doctor....as i said, in all 3 cases, we were very pleased by the care provided by the visiting doctors...

regarding emergency Dental Care.
two years ago, when my daughter and i were at WDW, i suddenly had excrutiating tooth pain.
i called the front desk and they gave me the number of a dental practice..

i called the number and was able to see the dentist the same day.....

he checked my tooth, said i needed a root canal, which could be done the same day in his office or instead he could prescribe antibiotics and painkillers and then when i got home i could have my own dentist handle the root canal at that time..
the dentist suggested that i pick the second option - antibiotics and then a root canal in the comfort of home..

i was very impressed with him that he didn't try to take me for a ride, so to speak, since he stood to make a nice profit from a root canal...

so i did as he suggested (antibiotics/painkillers)...
as he said it would, the pain soon subsided and i was able to take care of my tooth at home a month later...

bottom line, the disney resort front desk made a very good dental recommendation as well...just in case you're ever in need...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter