• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Rate At Dollar for my May trip

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
Thanks to the thread by SuzyQue about checking rates, I wanted to post that Dollar is having a great rate on rental cars. I reserved a full size for the base amout of $132 a week. Intermediates are $126 a week. This is a great rate. I have a reservation with national, but dollar is beating them out (even with using a coupon) by almost $50. This rate is on my May trip. If anyone finds a better rate, please post. I may not be able to get a decent airfare right now, but at least car rental have dropped! BTW, the rates don't seem to need any type of code. So use no code when checking!

Didn't this go up to 176.00 with all of the taxes. I have a May with NAtional for 158.00 including taxes for an intermediate EA. Thanks for the info.

Can you please tell me how you'al got this rate? I can't seem
to get anything under $217.00 with National and that includes
total taxes. We are picking up April 26, 2002 and dropping off
May 3, 2002 at the airport. Thanks in advance.

marie32,

Have you tried using the old DC code with the rate code of WKEND, and an Entertainment coupon for $20 off?

WE have a full size EA for 8 days, for $178, all taxes included. This rate just recently dropped. :):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Sounds like a great rate at national. But not everyone is a DC member, so can't take advantage of the code or coupon. The best I can do is the vacation code and the $15 coupon. I think that makes my full size around $155 base weekly. So Dollar is great for me. If anyone know of a better rate that is open to the public, not members only, I would welcome the info.

Best base rate I got from Dollar for April for wkly is $142.39
before all taxes etc. + $32.04/day = $238.51 base for 10 days!

I DID use the d/c old contract number and a 15.00 off coupon

Wow! Thanks for posting this! When I last checked rates a few weeks ago for out tentative May trip it was $156 for a COMPACT! for 4 days! Now it is down to $75 for the same time period. Much more doable for a budget trip!

Now to get Transglobal to release their May sched so I can use our vouchers from a cancelled flight and I should be able to get one more trip out of those APs!

I just checked today for our trip in May/June and the full size for a week with Dollar was down to $129/week (the lowest I have seein in a very very long time!). Minivans are $189/week and Grand Cherokees are $189/week, also. I am so happy to see the prices come down to a reasonable rate, finally!

I must be doing something wrong-Best base
weekly I get is $142.39. Is there a time frame
that this applies to?

I just booked a full size for $129.99 wk base price with Dollar. The intermediate was $111.09 wk base. My dates are May 8 - 16 and that is without any codes. In fact the price was higher if I tried using a code. Total for me w/ taxes is $247 for a full size, 1 week plus 2 days. I'm happy with that. Thanks n2mm for the heads up.

Mom rules there does seem to be a timeframe--though I don't know what it is. My May prices are lower than my July prices. I just love the trend that the prices are taking, now if the airlines could follow suit.

I have discovered that the rate reduces May 2nd,
and again in the middle of the month. Then increases
again in June.

I've booked,cancelled and re-booked a few times as the Dollar rates have really dropped and instead of the compact we first reserved we moved up to an intermediate at the great rate of $96.55 US per week plus taxes! I'm really pleased, but am willing to re-book if the rates drop again before we leave!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

PS: Our reservation was booked with NO codes.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter