Great Sports Calls

I'll never forget this one, for a couple of reasons:

Reason one: it made me, at age 6, a lifelong Flyers fan. It was a great night-you could hear the entire neighborhood screaming and cheering. We were allowed to go outside in our pajamas and bang pot lids with wooden spoons. :cutie:

Reason two: I saw my first nekkid man. We were outside of my grandparents' house in South Philly banging the pot lids with spoons, when all of a sudden a naked guy rounded Snyder Avenue and ran straight up Moyamensing. All he was wearing was a pair of sneakers. The grownups quickly bundled us into the house, but I got an eyeful as did my little sister and my cousin. Hilarious.

I was just about to post this, too - with exactly the same sentiment! Hands down the best sports call ever.
Crazy thing is that Al Michaels wasn't originally supposed to be working the hockey games at the Olympics. He was stuck in that spot at the last second because he was one of the few ABC sports announcers that had even worked a hockey game before. He still was a novice when it came to hockey.

Crazy thing is that Al Michaels wasn't originally supposed to be working the hockey games at the Olympics. He was stuck in that spot at the last second because he was one of the few ABC sports announcers that had even worked a hockey game before. He still was a novice when it came to hockey.

Even crazier is that the game was broadcast on tape delay.....Michaels and Dryden were doing Sweden v Finland as a backup when it aired.

Reason two: I saw my first nekkid man. We were outside of my grandparents' house in South Philly banging the pot lids with spoons, when all of a sudden a naked guy rounded Snyder Avenue and ran straight up Moyamensing. All he was wearing was a pair of sneakers. The grownups quickly bundled us into the house, but I got an eyeful as did my little sister and my cousin. Hilarious.

and you have never been the same since

Vern Lundquist calling Tiger Woods' chip in on 16 on Sunday at Augusta in 2005. He was 1 up on DiMarco at the time and DiMarco had just hit one to within about 15 ft. Tiger was off the green with one of the most difficult chip shots on the course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter