Greetings from Sydney

Thanks :) Can you please tell me if all Disneyland parks are the same? Or are some better, some worse? Or maybe it can be read about it somewhere on your forum?

Tokyo Disney (Disneyland and DisneySea) is gorgeous, well maintained, incredibly enjoyable and VERY good value for Aussies at the moment.

Tokyo Disney (Disneyland and DisneySea) is gorgeous, well maintained, incredibly enjoyable and VERY good value for Aussies at the moment.
I think everywhere in Japan is clean. They're the kind of people who like cleanliness. Do they have special offers for Aussies?

No “special offers” for Aussies at Tokyo Disney. But, it’s probably the best value Disney theme park in the world at the moment with the value of the AUD.

Welcome! There are a bunch of Aussies on the board - we have our own section under 'Other Lands'.

Personally I love HKDL as a fun, easy to manage option from Australia. It's the smallest park though so you won't get the 'full' Disney experience. There's nothing like visiting the original in California - it's well worth the trip if you can manage it!

Welcome! There are a bunch of Aussies on the board - we have our own section under 'Other Lands'.

Personally I love HKDL as a fun, easy to manage option from Australia. It's the smallest park though so you won't get the 'full' Disney experience. There's nothing like visiting the original in California - it's well worth the trip if you can manage it!
Thank you. Is the park in California better than the park in Tokyo or you can't compare that?

Thank you. Is the park in California better than the park in Tokyo or you can't compare that?
I haven't been to Tokyo yet, but I'd really hate to say that any of the parks is 'better' than the others. Although they definitely all have similarities, they also all offer quite different experiences. It really depends on what you're hoping to get out of the experience, and what constraints you might have with budget, timing and/or your comfort with travelling in general.

I haven't been to Tokyo yet, but I'd really hate to say that any of the parks is 'better' than the others. Although they definitely all have similarities, they also all offer quite different experiences. It really depends on what you're hoping to get out of the experience, and what constraints you might have with budget, timing and/or your comfort with travelling in general.
That's right. I should probably try at least 2 to have something to compare it to. I'll plan a trip to Japan first :)

Welcome to the DIS!!!

I've had the good fortune to have visited Sydney and really enjoyed the city and its people.

I like Disney :) I hope to visit Disneyland park someday. Hopefully that time will come soon and I will enjoy the entertainment.
Hello! If you can make it to Walt Disney World there is so much more to explore! I haven’t been to Tokyo so can’t compare there but I have been to Hong Kong, and either DLR or WDW have a wider variety of attractions and entertainment

IMHO, no. The Tokyo park is the best anywhere in the world for a number of reasons. But, everyone has a different view and perspective based on their personal experiences in each of the parks.

Australian here, and the vibe in the American parks it's just different and in my opinion better. Americans are just great at man made entertainment. The food the shows the vibe, it's just on another level and also more realistic with the surroundings. I have been to Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney and yeah nah I prefer the American parks, Disney World first and Disneyland second.

It is hard to compare all the Disney parks in the world. Each park has its pros and cons. "Better" is very subjective.

Disneyland in Anaheim was the original, great park, but also very congested and they have not all shows are available every day.

Disneyworld in Orlando is the biggest, so most to offer, but the Florida heat and humidity is a thing. There is less to do (in my opinion) than if you Los Angeles and San Diego nearby. I am not a beach person so Disneyworld is the most interesting about Florida.

Disneyland Paris is beautiful with some interesting rides, but some people find the French rude, it's a different culture. (I am biased because I am from Europe and Paris is my home park)

Disneyland Tokyo is a world on its own, I find it hard to describe. But Japanese culture is very different and influences things like queuing, lotteries for shows, long lines.

Disneyland Hong Kong is a manageable park with a laid back atmosphere. It is the smallest park.

Disneyland Shanghai is the newest park and rides like Pirates of the Caribbean is world class. But crowds can be huge, especially during Chinese holidays.

If I would rank them:
-Orlando
- Paris
- Anaheim
- Hong Kong
- Shanghai
- Tokyo.

If this is your very first Disney park, where you are from etc. I would pick Hong Kong as a way to dip your toe in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter