Greetings from the Disney Magic!!

mickg7dyd

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
We set sail at 5:30pm today and have just finished our evening meal in Lumiere's and it was great.Weather has been record high's all week so looking forward to a restful (?) Cruise!
Hope you got home OK Vernon and not too Jet Lagged.
Just in case anyone is planning a Cruise and you book the early sitting for your evening meal you might have a problem with what to wear as our luggage arrived at our cabin at 5:35 and our meal was at 6:00!!
Apart from that everything has been,well, magical.

Mick + The Dragon.

:cool:

Nice one Mick, looks like your in for a fantastic time..

They relax the dress code for the first night because of the baggage delay.

Say hi to Castaway Cay for me on Friday :)

Hi Mick

Well, it's 11am Sunday here, so I guess you might just about be up and taking in some of that sea air. Are we going to get daily updates?

Wow! Thank you for posting 'live' from the ship!! Would love to 'hear' some more ........ if you have time :D !!

Great to hear from you Mick.Any rough seas yet? Ah life on the ocean waves or as we like to say in work for those in peril on the seas----LOL.

Can't wait to hear your trip report as we're heading off on a cruise later in the year - though not a Disney cruise. Is this your first time cruising?

Enjoy the rest of your voyage.

jj......:D

Wow Mick...thanks for stopping by :wave:

I'd love to hear more too about it all :)

Penny :)

Have a great time on the cruise Mick :)

I know we discussed this at lunch, I'd be interested to know how strictly people stick to the "dress code" and if long shorts and polo shirts are accepted/worn at dinner? I know I saw on the promo video people wearing shorts to dinner, but the actuality would interest me.

Hi all,
Thanks for the good wishes.If I can get to a computer I will post some info on the trip reports board.
Vernon you should see what people are wearing tonight..it's formal night and I haven't seen so many penguins since Sea World!!!
Sadly I wouldn't pay the Disney price to hire one so we are making do with the casual buffet in Topsiders!!
I don't know what would happen if you tried to wear shorts any other night but they do request you not to in the main restuarants.
Well got to go there's a steak with my name on it.

Dracula.

Sorry my sad sense of humour!!

Mick + The Dragon.

:jester:

Nice to hear from you Mick - further updates would be fantastic :D :D :D

Glad your having a great time - sounds superb!

Hi Mick!
I would love to hear first-hand from a Disney Magic passenger just what the situation is for British passport holders as regards visas. I saw a recent thread but there was no reply from someone who had actually been on a Disney cruise and although I´m only in the dreaming of stage right now........
Thanks so much,
Carole

Hi Carole,
So far no problems, after we checked in at Port Canaveral we handed over our passports and they gave us a receipt.Next time we saw them was on arrival at St Thomas (US Virgin Islands)
when we had to clear imigration on the ship.We then handed them back and are due to get them back again tommorow morning (Saturday)at 6 am when we have to go through imigration again.One very important thing is you MUST have some form of photo ID to get off and back on the ship.I have a photocard driving Licence, not sure if a copy of you passport would do but we find that the licence is a great form of ID anyway.

Mick

:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter