Grizzly River Run

Chip & Dale

Earning My Ears
If I use a poncho going down GRR will I still get soaking wet? I would love to go on it. i just don't like walking around soaking wet. Thanks for the help.

:cool1: Unless you are really lucky you will still get wet with poncho. We did not as bad as without. Ride it without way more fun waiting to see what happens and remember if you're going at this time of year it's nice and sunny :sunny: you'll dry quick. I would advise if you have cameras and other small items ther are some lockers near the entrance which are free for the first hour we always use them saves having to worry about the cameras. :Pinkbounc

Actually with a poncho we usually stay pretty dry. We have ridden it as much as 5 times in a row. We might have a damp sleeve or two but way better than the feeling of showering in your clothes IMHO! If you have on shorts this is especially true since most ponchos won't cover up the bottome of your legs. I also make sure to tuck my feet up and always have some dry socks for everybody just in case. We also carry a plastic bag to put DH's back pack in and stick that in the middle to keep the camera etc dry. In my opinion this ride is way better than Kali (I see you have been to WDW) so enjoy!

Hi, I also have been on KALI (we are WDW ADDICTS) and I ALWAYS wear a poncho. No, you do not stay totally dry but a LITTLE wet is way better than DRENCHED! So I will do the same on GRR. So the middle of GRR does have a covered area to keep items dry in?? And can you put your shoes in here also?? This is one ride at DL that I am really excited about,because I think they could have made KALI a little more of a ride! Thanks,Joan

I noticed that those who didn't sit near the entrances to the raft (that is, in the middle) stayed pretty dry. It's those torrents of water which pour in down the little steps in the raft which really soak you.

There is a middle area that will hold larger items like backpacks. I have seen some people removing their shoes and tucking them under their ponchos. That middle area can get wet too but not as wet as the floor of the raft. I just tuck my feet up, there is a little step type thing (not explaining this too well) that you can put your feet on to keep them from being in standing water that is sometimes slow to drain out. DH once had a grocery bag he put over his feet because he had horrible blisters that trip he didn't want to aggravate with wet shoes. GRR is in my opinion better than Kali. Last October we got off Kali thinking that's it? Still a fun ride but just didn't think it was as fun as GRR which has two major drops.

I haven't been on GRR, but on Kali I got soaked by water pouring in from the side of the car and when I go off my bottom half was wet but the top half was fairly dry. I suggest wrapping the poncho tightly around yourself and you should be fine unless you are wearing pants in which case the bottoms might still get wet. My main concern is for DD; if her hair gets even slightly wet we will have to go back to the hotel for her to spend half an hour getting it back in place (perfectly straight). :confused3

I looked really dweeby - but this worked really well! I carried 2 stretchy trash bags in my backpack - they were the white Glad Force Flex kind. One I put my backpack in for the ride. The other, I tore 2 tiny holes in the top corners, and one slightly bigger hole in the top center (really the bottom of the bag, I uppose...). I put my arms through the side holes (the holes stretched to fit - so I was sealed in!), then my head through the center hole, and then after I sat down, I stretched the thing over my knees (and of course - over my behind!), and then tied the drawstrings. From the knees down, and my arms got wet, but everything covered by the bag was completely dry! Also - the bad weighs NOTHING in your backpack, and you can rip it off and throw it away when you're done riding!

The thing that I remember most about Grizzly River Run was laughing very hard, because of the older people that we were with. It was so funny to hear them complaining of getting wet. I mean, hello, you are on a water ride. Anyways, I think that I got more of a laugh and a good time than I got wet. In my experience I think that GRR is one of the best water rides that I have been on. I know that you will definitly enjoy this ride. :earsboy:

Amy&Dan said:
That middle area can get wet too but not as wet as the floor of the raft. I just tuck my feet up, there is a little step type thing (not explaining this too well) that you can put your feet on to keep them from being in standing water that is sometimes slow to drain out.

True! I usually don't care about getting my clothes wet, but I absolutely hate walking with wet socks and sneakers! They just never dry out! Otherwise, it's a whole lot of fun, waiting to see who's going to get it! :rolleyes:

We rode it twice in a row with ponchos and only got a little wet. Others in our raft were absolutely soaked.

I just put cameras etc into the backpack, and put that on my lap under the poncho.

You'll be dry enough with a poncho - just make sure it covers you knees.

I was just at the Dollar Tree and picked up my disposable poncos - 2 for $1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter