Groceries

damiel

DIS Veteran
We are renting DVC @ AK and I understand that there is a mini mart that we can buy grocery type items at. Is there a link to what is available and prices?

For a few items the resort stores are okay. For more items check out WeGoShop and Garden Grocer.

We eat in the villa for most of our meals so we rent a car for the day and do our own shopping, better prices, better selection, and you don't have to tip.

Recent posts stated that a 1 day car rental was about $30.

:earsboy: Bill

We are renting DVC @ AK and I understand that there is a mini mart that we can buy grocery type items at. Is there a link to what is available and prices?

I wouldn't call it a mini mart but I guess it is sort of. In the main gift shop at Animal Kingdom Lodge there is a large gift shop. On the back wall there is a row of coolers with drinks, individual and family sized, plus beers and wines. There are also some packaged meats, such as deli ham, chicken, milk, whole, 2% etc, eggs, plus some frozen items, some dessert items, butter, cheeses. Then there are shelves with various items, such as bread, cereal donuts, and other snack stuff. The prices are not super high. In fact they are almost reasonable.

I'm not aware of a link online.

There is a Publix and a Super Target within 4 miles of the resort. Take a cab over and back, if you do not want to rent a car.

This won't help the OP, but might help other DVC-members: You can find Grocery Order forms, specific to the resort you are staying, located in the Pre-Arrival Checklist tab in the Vacation Planning section of DVCMember.com.

(For myself, I order grocery delivery from Whole Foods Market.)

I'm really not looking for much: milk, cereal, muffins and juice. I want to have breakfast in the room. The rest of the meals will be in the park.

I'm really not looking for much: milk, cereal, muffins and juice. I want to have breakfast in the room. The rest of the meals will be in the park.

If you're looking for a few items like that, I'd just use the resort store. I believe prices and selection are available on the DVC website under trip planning tab if you select order groceries. There is a $10 delivery charge. The selection does change depending on the resort, so make sure you select the correct list on the website.

If you're looking for a few items like that, I'd just use the resort store. I believe prices and selection are available on the DVC website under trip planning tab if you select order groceries. There is a $10 delivery charge. The selection does change depending on the resort, so make sure you select the correct list on the website.
The OP mentions renting points for the coming trip. I'm guessing they don't have access to the DVC Member website.

There is a recent Member Magic story on Grocery Delivery on the Member website but clicking on links for "more info" requires a member login.

You can easily get those things at AKV in the resort store. Kidani has one and so does Jambo.

We sometimes pack cereal bars and other dry goods in our suitcase and just get beverages and other perishables when we arrive. That will save you some money and give you more variety. We often put the dry goods in a rubbermaid container so they don't get crushed or pulverized in the suitcase. Just a thought. They do have the Kellogg's variety pack at the store, and there may be large boxes of individual cereals.

Enjoy your trip!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter