Grocery Delivery Options?

BLTtinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Who do you use for grocery delivery to your resort?

We used Garden Grocer the last few times and were happy with it.

Just wondering who other people have used?

I use Walmart+. I meet them to ID for alcohol and bring it back up in a stroller, you could use a suitcase. The app is good about showing you when they are arriving.
We used a wheelchair. Pile stuff on chair, hang things on handles.

We have used walmart. But this trip, we are staying a full week in one resort and will eat at least half of our meals in the 1 bedroom, we'll need help from bell services for groceries.

We used Garden Grocer, and although I was very pleased with their customer service, I thought they were a little expensive. I understand there's a service run by laid off SMs-next time I think I'll try them, just for cost.

We used Garden Grocer, and although I was very pleased with their customer service, I thought they were a little expensive. I understand there's a service run by laid off SMs-next time I think I'll try them, just for cost.
I also find Garden Grocer to be a bit expensive.

Do you know the name of the service you mentioned?

I have used Gardengrocer in the past. It has been a while but my two sons use Instacart all the time (I think that is what it's called).

I use Instacart. They shop at the local Publix. The problem I had using Walmart was that they do not offer much in the way of fresh foods.
I always order some berries and veggies and salad stuff, and they've never had an issue. Guess it depends on what you are ordering.

Other than right after the hurricane, I've never had an issue if I put in the order the day before. It will update the cart if things go out of stock, so I wouldn't order it days ahead.

We used Instacart and Walmart and were pleased with both. If they leave groceries with Bell Services there is a $6.00 charge that is added to your room from Disney.

Second recommendation for magical vacation services. I appreciate that they charge a flat rate rather than marking up the food, so I can decide for myself whether their time is worth what they charge (it is, in my view). They are also willing to shop at multiple stores if needed and are one of the few (only?) willing to go to Trader Joe’s. We have used them more than once and were pleased with their customer service.

We always used Garden Grocer until a few years ago when their prices got crazy. We now only use Instacart shopping at Publix and its worked out great.
Same, Garden Grocer's prices are insane. At least double the cost of each item, plus service fee and tip. The only good thing about them was that they would verify ID electronically and leave alcohol with Bell Services. Now I just use Instacart and meet them, so much cheaper.

We used Instacart and Walmart and were pleased with both. If they leave groceries with Bell Services there is a $6.00 charge that is added to your room from Disney.
I’ve read that if you have them delivered with your luggage there’s no charge other than the tip. Or if you pick them up from Bell Services yourself, no charge.

I’ve read that if you have them delivered with your luggage there’s no charge other than the tip. Or if you pick them up from Bell Services yourself, no charge.
We had our order delivered with our luggage and we were charged the $6.00.

We are Amazon Prime members, so use Amazon to order Whole Foods groceries for delivery. They charge $9.95 for delivery and then you can also tip your driver (optional, but we always do.) The grocery items are not marked up and they often have decent sales on organic produce, etc. I've used Instacart in the past also, but it's been quite a few years - they do mark up the grocery items, depending on the store you select for them to shop. Whole Foods via Amazon works out less expensive for us and they are great about issuing quick refunds in the event that something is missing or not in good condition when you receive it.

If we aren't at the resort when getting a delivery from Whole Foods will they refrigerate items? I thought they weren't doing that anymore?
We also have a split stay- if we bring food over ourselves to second resort, will they refrigerate? thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter