Grocery Delivery to resorts

crazyfordisney2000

DIS Veteran
Hello! We are staying at CSR in 3 weeks and looking for recommendations on grocery delivery to our resort. I just went to place my order with Vacation grocery delivery and our arrival day is not available 😭. I don’t want Instacart because last time our order got cancelled as we were in flight when trying to contact us 😡.
Another thought we had was just Uber from the airport and throw our stuff in a cart while shopping 😆. Anyone try that?

I haven't Ubered from the airport (love Mears Connect) but after many years of using Instacart I had the same experience as you, several times--order cancelled for no reason. So I now use Lyft from my resort to Publix and it works out to be less than Instacart, with all their added fees. The whole mission only takes about an hour, I get to pick my own items, and as an added bonus I found Publix has lots of cheap Disney souvenir merch.

I used Garden Grocer. Others have used Dizzy Dolphin and Walmart. I also have had a towncar pick me up at the airport and stop at the grocery store on the way to the hotel.

If all you have is a carry on bag, then you could throw that in a cart, assuming there will be room left in the cart for the groceries. If you have checked luggage, I don't think that plan would work.

I use Garden Grocer every time and are very pleased. We also eat 1-2 meals per day in the room, for a 5-6 day visit, so I am ordering quite a bit of food and water. I have never had any snafus with them--used them most recently in June.

I haven't Ubered from the airport (love Mears Connect) but after many years of using Instacart I had the same experience as you, several times--order cancelled for no reason. So I now use Lyft from my resort to Publix and it works out to be less than Instacart, with all their added fees. The whole mission only takes about an hour, I get to pick my own items, and as an added bonus I found Publix has lots of cheap Disney souvenir merch.
We might just do this after we arrive. Settle in to our resort, go downtown for dinner then Uber /Lyft from downtown to Publix on our way back to the resort.

We were at Boulder Ridge at WL in July, we used Instacart, the app was super easy. Instacart lets you pick where you buy your groceries from, we used Publix at Lakeside Village Center. There were a couple things on my list that were limited quantity so they asked me about a replacement choice. When it was delivered I received a text message. The only thing was we were not back at the resort when it came so I di not get my beer...we were not charged for it so that wasn't a big deal.

We have used Garden Grocer a number of times and very happy with their service. Just used them last week!

Is there a reason you wouldn't use something like WalMart who already inherently does Grocery delivery?

Vacation Grocery Delivery. It's owned by former cast members and most of the people pulling the orders are current or former cast members. They do an awesome job and are very customer focused.

Vacation Grocery Delivery. It's owned by former cast members and most of the people pulling the orders are current or former cast members. They do an awesome job and are very customer focused.
Can you order online with them? I am only showing gift baskets...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter